SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

[QUOTE=stuckless;443870]What version of bmt are you using... if you are still in Sage6, then it's possible that the exclude filter is broken, since I did have to update it the Sage7 release.

I'm using 7.0.15...

could the problem be the fact that all my videos are in subfolders... hence if I'm telling bmt to ignore the folder called "Videos", there's actually no videos in that folder directly - they are all in subfolders...??? i.e. Videos\Concerts, Videos\Wedding, etc?
Old 08-22-2010, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

[QUOTE=dkatchalov;443871]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
What version of bmt are you using... if you are still in Sage6, then it's possible that the exclude filter is broken, since I did have to update it the Sage7 release.

I'm using 7.0.15...

could the problem be the fact that all my videos are in subfolders... hence if I'm telling bmt to ignore the folder called "Videos", there's actually no videos in that folder directly - they are all in subfolders...??? i.e. Videos\Concerts, Videos\Wedding, etc?
Actually that shouldn't matter. The exclude pattern is actually a regular expression that gets evaluated against the full file path. If you had "Videos" entered as the exclude filter, then it should exclude any file that has "Video" in its path.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Sage Icon

[quote=dkatchalov;443871]
Quote:
What version of bmt are you using... if you are still in Sage6, then it's possible that the exclude filter is broken, since I did have to update it the Sage7 release.

I'm using 7.0.15...

Did you try re-starting the Sage Service after setting your exclude path? IIRC BMT only reads the exclude paths when Sage first starts up.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 08-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

[QUOTE=stuckless;443885]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatchalov View Post

Actually that shouldn't matter. The exclude pattern is actually a regular expression that gets evaluated against the full file path. If you had "Videos" entered as the exclude filter, then it should exclude any file that has "Video" in its path.
Hmm well it defintely doesnt work... here are the steps I take.

1. Specify the exclude pattern - "Videos" - no quotation marks, just the word itself.
2. Rename the "videos" folder to something else and delete all the home movies, etc from my library in sage (easiest way to get rid of metadata....)
3. Rename the videos folder back to "vdeos"
4. Run a full media scan
5. With the exclude path still set as "Videos" all my videos from that folder reappear in the library!!!

The videos folder is on a NAS and is mapped in sage via SMB paths (or whatever it is called) - \\NAS\Videos.

Any other ideas or any other debugging I can do??
Old 08-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

[QUOTE=Tiki;443923]
Quote:

Did you try re-starting the Sage Service after setting your exclude path? IIRC BMT only reads the exclude paths when Sage first starts up.
Hmm - no I haven't.... I will try that tonight...
Old 08-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

[QUOTE=dkatchalov;443925]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post

Hmm - no I haven't.... I will try that tonight...
Have restarted the service & still the same result.... am I the only one having this problem? Can some ppl who have succesfully setup their exclude folders post some details - i.e. what is the folder path, how is it specified in the exclude field, etc...
Old 08-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Have restarted the service & still the same result.... am I the only one having this problem? Can some ppl who have succesfully setup their exclude folders post some details - i.e. what is the folder path, how is it specified in the exclude field, etc...

my exclude field is as follows: youtube,z-other,grouchyvideos,musicvideos

My import folders in Sage are listed like F:/Shared, G:/Shared, NAS\Shared, etc and then I have subfolders in them. So, for instance F:/Shared/youtube has videos in it, but it is excluded from BMT. Also, NAS\Shared\Z-other\ has sub-folders in it and everything is excluded.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
my exclude field is as follows: youtube,z-other,grouchyvideos,musicvideos

My import folders in Sage are listed like F:/Shared, G:/Shared, NAS\Shared, etc and then I have subfolders in them. So, for instance F:/Shared/youtube has videos in it, but it is excluded from BMT. Also, NAS\Shared\Z-other\ has sub-folders in it and everything is excluded.
Hmm I really don't understand why mine doesn't work then...

Maybe it is because BMT previously picked up these files & now they keep re-appearing in the list despite the exclude filter??
Old 08-22-2010, 07:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hmm I really don't understand why mine doesn't work then...

Maybe it is because BMT previously picked up these files & now they keep re-appearing in the list despite the exclude filter??
The exclude filter in BMT is used only for scanning. ie, it does not drop them from the views, but if you were to automatically scan the views, then the exclude filter would not scan the files that meet the exclude filter. It sounds like you think that your files should not show up in the web ui, which is not the intention of the exclude filter.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The exclude filter in BMT is used only for scanning. ie, it does not drop them from the views, but if you were to automatically scan the views, then the exclude filter would not scan the files that meet the exclude filter. It sounds like you think that your files should not show up in the web ui, which is not the intention of the exclude filter.
Sean - you may have nailed it...

I expect that the exclude filter means that any videos in the excluded path would not come up in the "Titles" or "BD/DVD" views in sage... The only way I expect to access those videos is via the folders view.

This way I "reserve" the titles and bd/dvd views to only show "proper" movies, DVDs, etc... not all my youtube & home videos, etc....

Is what you are saying that the exclude field will not provide me with the above....?
Old 08-22-2010, 09:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sean - you may have nailed it...

I expect that the exclude filter means that any videos in the excluded path would not come up in the "Titles" or "BD/DVD" views in sage... The only way I expect to access those videos is via the folders view.

This way I "reserve" the titles and bd/dvd views to only show "proper" movies, DVDs, etc... not all my youtube & home videos, etc....

Is what you are saying that the exclude field will not provide me with the above....?
BMT does change what Sage would show in any view. BMT simply provides metadata/fanart for media as it's added to sage. The exclude filter is used by bmt to to exclude files from being updated with metadata/fanart, but those files will still show up in sage (without metadata).
Old 08-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
BMT does change what Sage would show in any view. BMT simply provides metadata/fanart for media as it's added to sage. The exclude filter is used by bmt to to exclude files from being updated with metadata/fanart, but those files will still show up in sage (without metadata).
LOL - so this was user error all along..... appreciate everyone's input & help.

So on this note (& this may be a separate thread) - but does anyone know how I can exclude certain video folders from certain views in Sage?? As I said in my previous post - I don't want to mix my home movies in with proper movies, etc in the sage "Titles" and "BD/DVD" views...

thanks again!
Old 08-23-2010, 06:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
but does anyone know how I can exclude certain video folders from certain views in Sage??
folder view is the simplest way. If/When dynamic menus is ported/created for v7 then that would be a second (much more powerful) way.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks for the nice update. The search works great, too!
Old 08-23-2010, 09:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
Thanks for the nice update. The search works great, too!
Thanks... I've been missing the Search feature for a while now, myself... that's why I decided to quickly add in the feature this weekend. BTW, search only searches based on Title... i may look at adding an advanced search later for searching other fields, but this simple search solves most of my searching needs.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just did a clean install of SageTV 6.6 with SageMC. I had BMT working before but I would like to have the most current version (which I believe is 4.1 for Sage 6)

Do I have to download each BMT v4.1 part in the download page and add Phoenix. Before there was just one download that included everything.

Thanks....

BTW, Jetty 1.6 has been installed as well
Old 08-27-2010, 10:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre View Post
I just did a clean install of SageTV 6.6 with SageMC. I had BMT working before but I would like to have the most current version (which I believe is 4.1 for Sage 6)

Do I have to download each BMT v4.1 part in the download page and add Phoenix. Before there was just one download that included everything.

Thanks....

BTW, Jetty 1.6 has been installed as well
I think the last version of bmt that worked under Sage6 is the 4.0-beta21.]
Old 08-28-2010, 06:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I think the last version of bmt that worked under Sage6 is the 4.0-beta21.]
Thanks

Can the Phoenix core be updated or it is not backward compatible.

Thanks again
Old 08-28-2010, 07:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre View Post
Thanks

Can the Phoenix core be updated or it is not backward compatible.

Thanks again
Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure. You can try to update the phoenix.jar (if you feel you need to), but the version of phoenix.jar that ships with the bmt package should work.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Sage User

BMT and MyMovies

Hi,

Quick question... I noticed that BMT is doing much better work in getting the meta-data for the movies/shows I have then the MyMovies collection manager (well, mostly, I believe, since it pulls data according to the actual file name).

Is it possible to get BMT to populate the meta-data of the MyMovie database/properties files ?

Thanks,
Tomer.