SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre View Post
I did not install the Ortus movie trailers, but i do have Sage My Movies plug-in. Perhaps that is getting a hold of it first?

Note, for the new Sage setting 'enable_converting_imported_videos_to_tv_recordings', as to be expected, if set to 'false' it will not allow BMT to save as TV recording (default is 'true'). I did learn this the hard way, but that was another issue.
I was unaware of that setting, enable_converting_imported_videos_to_tv_recordings, is that new?

I don't think that mymovies will cause an issue because how it processes metadata... I'm looking at adding some processing logs to bmt that will contain a concise entry for each media item that it processes, skips, etc. This way I can easily tell if a media item was processed by bmt or not.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I was unaware of that setting, enable_converting_imported_videos_to_tv_recordings, is that new?

I don't think that mymovies will cause an issue because how it processes metadata... I'm looking at adding some processing logs to bmt that will contain a concise entry for each media item that it processes, skips, etc. This way I can easily tell if a media item was processed by bmt or not.

I think the logging would be very helpful. Also, what about some sort of feedback loop test available in the Web UI? Not sure how feasible this is, but I was thinking the following steps:

(1) A fake media item is added to Sage
(2) This system verifies that after adding the item to Sage, that BMT then gets called
(3) Based of the verification step, inform the use if the BMT is enabled to process meta-data
(4) Remove the fake media item.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
yes, 7.0.13 or maybe it was .12 added it
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-10-2010, 11:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broconne View Post
I think the logging would be very helpful. Also, what about some sort of feedback loop test available in the Web UI? Not sure how feasible this is, but I was thinking the following steps:

(1) A fake media item is added to Sage
(2) This system verifies that after adding the item to Sage, that BMT then gets called
(3) Based of the verification step, inform the use if the BMT is enabled to process meta-data
(4) Remove the fake media item.
That's a good idea as well... I'll look into adding something like this as well.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre View Post
I did not install the Ortus movie trailers, but i do have Sage My Movies plug-in. Perhaps that is getting a hold of it first?

Note, for the new Sage setting 'enable_converting_imported_videos_to_tv_recordings', as to be expected, if set to 'false' it will not allow BMT to save as TV recording (default is 'true'). I did learn this the hard way, but that was another issue.
That setting SHOULD have nothing to do with BMT's move to recordings feature. It is only supposed to disable the built in re-import of previous v7 sage recordings (which contain embedded metadata) if for some reason they are no longer in the wiz.bin. It should not prevent BMT from changing the ExternalID of the mediafile, if it IS preventing that, I'd consider it a bug.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
That setting SHOULD have nothing to do with BMT's move to recordings feature. It is only supposed to disable the built in re-import of previous v7 sage recordings (which contain embedded metadata) if for some reason they are no longer in the wiz.bin. It should not prevent BMT from changing the ExternalID of the mediafile, if it IS preventing that, I'd consider it a bug.
After setting it back to the default I have had success importing tv shows with bmt. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Sage Icon

I'm getting the "Failed to Browse" error when accessing
"All TV (Show/Season)." "Recordings" fails too, but every other view works, including "Recordings (Archived)."

Any ideas what might be wrong? This is what's in the phoenix.log file:

Code:
2010-08-11 23:29:43,695 [11063044@qtp-20422185-5] INFO  sagex.phoenix.vfs.views.ViewFactory - Created view: All TV (Show/Season) in 16ms
2010-08-11 23:29:43,804 [11063044@qtp-20422185-5] WARN  sagex.phoenix.util.TextReplacement - Could not format value because it was not parsable by the configured formatter. Value:  Formatter: java.text.DecimalFormat Format: 00
java.text.ParseException: Format.parseObject(String) failed
	at java.text.Format.parseObject(Unknown Source)
	at sagex.phoenix.util.TextReplacement.replaceVariables(TextReplacement.java:110)
	at phoenix.impl.MediaAPI.GetFormattedTitle(MediaAPI.java:99)
	at phoenix.media.GetFormattedTitle(media.java:800)
	at org.jdna.bmt.web.server.BrowsingServicesImpl.convertResource(BrowsingServicesImpl.java:129)
	at org.jdna.bmt.web.server.BrowsingServicesImpl.convertResource(BrowsingServicesImpl.java:93)
	at org.jdna.bmt.web.server.BrowsingServicesImpl.browseChildren(BrowsingServicesImpl.java:85)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:562)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:188)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:224)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:879)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:747)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
2010-08-11 23:29:43,804 [11063044@qtp-20422185-5] WARN  sagex.phoenix.util.TextReplacement - Could not format value because it was not parsable by the configured formatter. Value:  Formatter: java.text.DecimalFormat Format: 00
java.text.ParseException: Format.parseObject(String) failed
	at java.text.Format.parseObject(Unknown Source)
	at sagex.phoenix.util.TextReplacement.replaceVariables(TextReplacement.java:110)
	at phoenix.impl.MediaAPI.GetFormattedTitle(MediaAPI.java:99)
	at phoenix.media.GetFormattedTitle(media.java:800)
	at org.jdna.bmt.web.server.BrowsingServicesImpl.convertResource(BrowsingServicesImpl.java:129)
	at org.jdna.bmt.web.server.BrowsingServicesImpl.convertResource(BrowsingServicesImpl.java:93)
	at org.jdna.bmt.web.server.BrowsingServicesImpl.browseChildren(BrowsingServicesImpl.java:85)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:562)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:188)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:224)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:879)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:747)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
Thanks in advance.
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL
Old 08-12-2010, 05:56 AM
SageTVaholic

@phelme - it seems that for some reason the formatted titles are failing on your setup. I've made a note to enhance the formatted titles code so that they will never fail when passed bad data. I'm hoping to get a build out this weekend, so it should contain your fix as well.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Some questions after upgrading from Sagetv 6.x + BMT3 --> SageTV7 + BMT 4.3

I just upgraded from a fully working SageTV 6.x + BMT 3 (everything worked as good as it could despite the known issues at the time) to SageTV 7.

The first thing I did after upgrading to SageTV 7 was install Jetty and Metadat Tools - Web Interface 4.3 via SageTV7 plugin manager and fanart for both sageTV 7 and malore menus. I dont remember installing Metadata Tools - Commandline.. I'm guessing that's a dependency?

It looks like my old BMT 3 settings for enabling fanart/metadata/automatic plugin was already enabled. Anyway, the first thing I did was go to the documentation for BMT 4 (link on first post of this thread) to make sure the automatic plugin is completely configured as good as possible.

I did the following steps:

1- From the web ui, go to Configuration -> SageTV -> Metadata Settings and I set org.jdna.sage.MetadataUpdaterPlugin as the Metadata Parser. Then Save.

2- Then, set the Custom Metadata Fields:
Code:
IMDBID;DiscNumber;EpisodeNumber;EpisodeTitle;MediaProviderDataID;MediaTitle;MediaType;OriginalAirDate;SeasonNumber;UserRating;
3- This is where I get confused. The documentation says: "Once you enable the plugin, you should also configure how you want the automatic plugin to behave. To do this, go to, Configuration -> Metadata Tools -> Automatic Plugin Configuration."

The problem is I cant find a sub-menu called Automatic Plugin Configuration. After I click on the "Configure" option on top of the web interface, I only have 3 main categories:
Log4j Logging, Phoenix, SageTV. I tried looked through all submenus for the following settings : Overwrite Metadata, Overwrite Fanart, Direct Update of Wiz.bin... but, I didnt see anything close those settings. I even enabled advance Phoenix core settings; thinking I might see more menus/sub-menus and/or more settings.

I already have the below options set as enabled under
Phoenix/Fanart/Metadata Options:

Fanart Enabled
Central Fanart Folder
Z:\SageTV\Fanart...Automatic Fanart/Metadata

Anyway, I'm just wonder where those missing overwrite settings are. I'm not certain yet, but I think automatic fanart/metadata downloading might already be working. However, under Detailed Setup/Metadata / Fanart: Automatic Metadata/Fanart = Disabled. I also can't configure any Metadata/Fanart sources via the detailed settings menu in sageTV7. However, it does have Fanart Enabled as an option.

If I had to make a wild guess, either a dependency for BMT 4.3 didnt get installed or configured; or possibly the missing BMT webpage settings and non-working STV menu settings are work in progress.

If there are any tips/suggestions to further enhance/tweak reliability/consistency of the automatic plugin, I would really appreciate it.

Lastly, is it possible to configure BMT to download artist/band fanart automatically for music videos (or music) now that we can independently define fanart database sources? I have a HUGE HD music video selection which all have the metadata manually configured to be in the "Music Videos" Category/Genre. I know I'm not the only person who watches/records/collects music videos on sageTV.

Sean, I have to say.. BMT has come a LONG way since 3.x! Fantastic Work!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-12-2010, 10:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I just upgraded from a fully working SageTV 6.x + BMT 3 (everything worked as good as it could despite the known issues at the time) to SageTV 7.

The first thing I did after upgrading to SageTV 7 was install Jetty and Metadat Tools - Web Interface 4.3 via SageTV7 plugin manager and fanart for both sageTV 7 and malore menus. I dont remember installing Metadata Tools - Commandline.. I'm guessing that's a dependency?

It looks like my old BMT 3 settings for enabling fanart/metadata/automatic plugin was already enabled. Anyway, the first thing I did was go to the documentation for BMT 4 (link on first post of this thread) to make sure the automatic plugin is completely configured as good as possible.

I did the following steps:

1- From the web ui, go to Configuration -> SageTV -> Metadata Settings and I set org.jdna.sage.MetadataUpdaterPlugin as the Metadata Parser. Then Save.

2- Then, set the Custom Metadata Fields:
Code:
IMDBID;DiscNumber;EpisodeNumber;EpisodeTitle;MediaProviderDataID;MediaTitle;MediaType;OriginalAirDate;SeasonNumber;UserRating;
3- This is where I get confused. The documentation says: "Once you enable the plugin, you should also configure how you want the automatic plugin to behave. To do this, go to, Configuration -> Metadata Tools -> Automatic Plugin Configuration."

The problem is I cant find a sub-menu called Automatic Plugin Configuration. After I click on the "Configure" option on top of the web interface, I only have 3 main categories:
Log4j Logging, Phoenix, SageTV. I tried looked through all submenus for the following settings : Overwrite Metadata, Overwrite Fanart, Direct Update of Wiz.bin... but, I didnt see anything close those settings. I even enabled advance Phoenix core settings; thinking I might see more menus/sub-menus and/or more settings.

I already have the below options set as enabled under
Phoenix/Fanart/Metadata Options:

Fanart Enabled
Central Fanart Folder
Z:\SageTV\Fanart...Automatic Fanart/Metadata

Anyway, I'm just wonder where those missing overwrite settings are. I'm not certain yet, but I think automatic fanart/metadata downloading might already be working. However, under Detailed Setup/Metadata / Fanart: Automatic Metadata/Fanart = Disabled. I also can't configure any Metadata/Fanart sources via the detailed settings menu in sageTV7. However, it does have Fanart Enabled as an option.

If I had to make a wild guess, either a dependency for BMT 4.3 didnt get installed or configured; or possibly the missing BMT webpage settings and non-working STV menu settings are work in progress.

If there are any tips/suggestions to further enhance/tweak reliability/consistency of the automatic plugin, I would really appreciate it.

Lastly, is it possible to configure BMT to download artist/band fanart automatically for music videos (or music) now that we can independently define fanart database sources? I have a HUGE HD music video selection which all have the metadata manually configured to be in the "Music Videos" Category/Genre. I know I'm not the only person who watches/records/collects music videos on sageTV.

Sean, I have to say.. BMT has come a LONG way since 3.x! Fantastic Work!
I guess, i should have stated that the documentation for bmt4 (as stated in the wiki) is not applicable for the Sage7 setup

When you install the plugin, it should automatically configure the extra fields, and enabling the automatic plugin is now down via the plugin configuration screen (it's enabled by default).

In essence, in 4.x under Sage7, you install the plugin, and then go to the plugin configuration screen and configure the settings that you want. For example, the automatic plugin is enabled by default, but the import as tv is not. Also, you may need to change your fanart directory to whatever location you are using.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
@phelme - it seems that for some reason the formatted titles are failing on your setup. I've made a note to enhance the formatted titles code so that they will never fail when passed bad data. I'm hoping to get a build out this weekend, so it should contain your fix as well.
Excellent, thanks!

BTW, for future reference, if my data is bad, is there a way for me to delete all the old BMT data and start over or is it something in Wiz.bin?
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL
Old 08-12-2010, 12:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
Excellent, thanks!

BTW, for future reference, if my data is bad, is there a way for me to delete all the old BMT data and start over or is it something in Wiz.bin?
BMT doesn't actually store any data... it simply pulls data from the web, and then updates it in the wiz.bin (Sage's database). So, unfortunately, there is no real way to start over, except to remove your video imports, and then add them again. in theory, it is possible that bmt could provide a service that would simply "clear" the metadata on an item/folder, but that doesn't exist at this point.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Sage Icon

Hi all,

I'm completely new to BMT, but very excited about it and decided to give it a go, unfortunately after doing the setup and making sure that everything was configured properly, the problem started as soon I did the metadata search for the first two movies and I hope here someone can please help me.

My movie collection is made of DVD & BR and every movie has its own folder, plus the first folder of every movie has a file called "folder.jpg" which contains a thumbnail of exactly 182x256 pixels at 70% quality, I figured out this size and jpeg quality by doing some experiment with my extenders and these values are a very good compromise to achieve WAF browsing speed ;-)
I did a full rescan of the movie library and SageTV successfully imported all my movies along with their covers.

I then decided to start the process of importing metadata via Metadata Web UI, so I did the following steps:
- Browse the collection and the Tool successfully shows my movies with the correct "folder.jpg" images
- Click on the first movie.
- Click on "Find Metadata ..."
- The metadata are fetched correctly
- Save
- At this point I want to change the poster to match the same as in my movie collection, so I did copy of the "folder.jpg" file into the fanart directory and renamed the file to be the same as the movie.
- Click on the small cover icon on the top right hand side and successfully being able to make the new image as default.
- Save

Did I miss something so far or done something wrong?

Well, now I did exactly the same procedure for the second movie and with my surprise the two movies started to share the data with each other, so that the first movie was showing the "Movie title" and all the actors of the second movie.

I tried to rectify the problem many times without success and sadly I had to delete the Wiz file to start again. This issue is consistent. Also I noticed that most of the time the Parental rating/Extended Ratings is not always retained.

I really want to use this tool to start populate my movie collection with quality metadata...please help
Old 08-12-2010, 12:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post

I tried to rectify the problem many times without success and sadly I had to delete the Wiz file to start again. This issue is consistent. Also I noticed that most of the time the Parental rating/Extended Ratings is not always retained.
Unfortunately, it sounds as if you are experiencing the same issue as a number of other people, that we generally call "Cross Linked Metadata". There is not cure at this point, since the root of the issue cannot be resolved. SageTV did a core fix in 7.0.13, and it appears to have made things better, but there are still reports of this happening post 7.0.13. Are you running Sage 6.x or 7.x?
Old 08-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Unfortunately, it sounds as if you are experiencing the same issue as a number of other people, that we generally call "Cross Linked Metadata". There is not cure at this point, since the root of the issue cannot be resolved. SageTV did a core fix in 7.0.13, and it appears to have made things better, but there are still reports of this happening post 7.0.13. Are you running Sage 6.x or 7.x?
Hi, I'm running 7.0.15b. But then how can you populate the metadata? BMT is been around for a while, how other people fixed this? I mean this sounds a very fundamental issue. Is is related to the folder.jpg? Can you please elaborate?
Old 08-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
Can you please elaborate?
start here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49629
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-12-2010, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean, saying that BMT has come a long way is an understatement! You took all the fun out of the hours of enjoyment for some of us having to troubleshoot and manually configuring settings just to get the automatic plugin to work well. I remember not too long ago where the automatic plugin was causing so many support issues, at one point you felt like just removing it all together from BMT haha.

I do have a couple of questions still.. that you might have overlooked since my previous post was kind of lengthy.

In the latest SageTV 7 STV, I see a menu: Detailed Setup/Metadata Fanart. I'm not sure if that was added via a plugin or part of the the sageTV 7 default STV. Anyway, I see a setting called "Automatic Metadata/Fanart" which is disabled; and, cant be changed to enable. Also, I cant add fanart sources via this section either. Where did this STV menu come from? Is it in any relation to BMT 4.3 or a related Fanart plugin? I did install the Fanart plugin for sageTV 7... not sure if it's meant to tie into the phoenix subsystem/BMT or not. Obviously, the automatic plugin is enabled and database sources are already preconfigured. Is this menu reserved for future development; and, some settings not functional yet?

Lastly, I know music and music videos have never been a high priority for you in the past; especially when you had bigger fish to fry like getting TV/Movies with the automatic plugin to work reliably under various scenarios. Anyway, I'm curious if BMT 4.3 is designed in a way to be able to add support for automatic fanart/metadata download for Music/Music Video media (ie, instead of all media falling into only two categories: TV or Movies.. to add a third category.. Music.. pulling from pre-defined fanart/metadata databas(es) specific to media related to music.

Thanks again!
Michael

Quote:
I guess, i should have stated that the documentation for bmt4 (as stated in the wiki) is not applicable for the Sage7 setup

When you install the plugin, it should automatically configure the extra fields, and enabling the automatic plugin is now down via the plugin configuration screen (it's enabled by default).

In essence, in 4.x under Sage7, you install the plugin, and then go to the plugin configuration screen and configure the settings that you want. For example, the automatic plugin is enabled by default, but the import as tv is not. Also, you may need to change your fanart directory to whatever location you are using.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-12-2010, 03:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Sean, saying that BMT has come a long way is an understatement! You took all the fun out of the hours of enjoyment for some of us having to troubleshoot and manually configuring settings just to get the automatic plugin to work well. I remember not too long ago where the automatic plugin was causing so many support issues, at one point you felt like just removing it all together from BMT haha.
Much of that thanks should go to the core SageTV team. They spent a lot time and effort working with the plugin devs to build a "real" plugin system for Sage7. Because of that work, installing something like bmt has been greatly simplified.

[/quote]
In the latest SageTV 7 STV, I see a menu: Detailed Setup/Metadata Fanart. I'm not sure if that was added via a plugin or part of the the sageTV 7 default STV. Anyway, I see a setting called "Automatic Metadata/Fanart" which is disabled; and, cant be changed to enable. Also, I cant add fanart sources via this section either. Where did this STV menu come from?[/quote]

I'm not sure where if came from, but it's not a part of the core bmt plugin. It may have nothing to do with bmt/phoenix at all. To figure out which plugin contributed it, you'll need to remove plugins until the item disappears.

Quote:
Is it in any relation to BMT 4.3 or a related Fanart plugin? I did install the Fanart plugin for sageTV 7... not sure if it's meant to tie into the phoenix subsystem/BMT or not.
It could be a part of the Fanart Plugin which does use the phoenix fanart.

Quote:
Obviously, the automatic plugin is enabled and database sources are already preconfigured. Is this menu reserved for future development; and, some settings not functional yet?
Note sure, since it's not a part of bmt.

Quote:
Lastly, I know music and music videos have never been a high priority for you in the past; especially when you had bigger fish to fry like getting TV/Movies with the automatic plugin to work reliably under various scenarios. Anyway, I'm curious if BMT 4.3 is designed in a way to be able to add support for automatic fanart/metadata download for Music/Music Video media (ie, instead of all media falling into only two categories: TV or Movies.. to add a third category.. Music.. pulling from pre-defined fanart/metadata databas(es) specific to media related to music.
Some parts of bmt have some support for music, but to fully support it, many more smaller core changes need to happen. So, in a nutshell, not yet, but someday
Old 08-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Stuckless -
I am having trouble getting BMT to automatically parse metadata for newly discovered media in Sage. I know you are considering adding additional logging to BMT to help debug such situations. In the meantime are there items to look at to verify if BMT is indeed being called?

I have the following in my Sage.Properties in the phoenix block:

Code:
phoenix/configured=1277757124804
phoenix/core/enableAdvancedOptions=true
phoenix/core/enableAdvancedViews=false
phoenix/fanart/automatedFanartEnabled=true
phoenix/fanart/backgroundImageWidth=1024
phoenix/fanart/bannerImageWidth=-1
phoenix/fanart/enableSystemMessagesForFailures=true
phoenix/fanart/excludePattern=\\\\\\\\stafford\\\\drop
phoenix/fanart/goodScoreThreshold=0.9
phoenix/fanart/importTVAsRecordings=false
phoenix/fanart/maxDownloadableImages=5
phoenix/fanart/movieProviders=imdb,tmdb
phoenix/fanart/posterImageWidth=200
phoenix/fanart/preserverRecordingMetadata=false
phoenix/fanart/scannableMediaTypes=ANY_VIDEO
phoenix/fanart/scoreAlternateTitles=true
phoenix/fanart/tvProviders=tvdb
phoenix/fanart/wordsToClean=1080p,720p,480p,1080i,720i,480i,dvd,dvdrip,cam,ts,tc,scr,screener,dvdscr,xvid,divx,avi,vrs,repack,mallat,proper,dmt,dmd,stv,HDTV,x264
phoenix/imageutil/cacheDir=cache/imagefactory
phoenix/media/movieTitleMask=${Title} (${Year})
phoenix/media/movieTitleMaskMultiCD=${Title} (${Year}) - Disc ${DiscNumber\:java.text.DecimalFormat\:00}
phoenix/media/recordingTitleMask=${Title} - ${EpisodeName}
phoenix/media/tvTitleMask=${Title} - S${SeasonNumber\:java.text.DecimalFormat\:00}E${EpisodeNumber\:java.text.DecimalFormat\:00}
phoenix/media/tvTitleMaskMultiCD=${Title} (${Year}) - Disc ${DiscNumber\:java.text.DecimalFormat\:00}
phoenix/mediametadata/fanartCentralFolder=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\Phoenix\\Fanart
phoenix/mediametadata/fanartEnabled=true
phoenix/mediametadata/fanartSupportClass=sagex.phoenix.fanart.PhoenixFanartSupport
phoenix/mediametadata/parseMediaFileForTVSeries=false
phoenix/metadata/dvdprofiler/indexDir=cache/indexDVDProfLocal/
phoenix/metadata/imdb/IMDbDomain=www.imdb.com
phoenix/metadata/imdb/forcedIMDBImageSize=512
phoenix/metadata/mymovies/indexDir=cache/indexMyMovies/
phoenix/metadata/mymovies/xmlFileLastModified=0

I also found these settings in Sage.properties that might be related...

Code:
custom_metadata_properties=DiscNumber;EpisodeNumber;Fanart;IMDBID;MediaProviderDataID;MediaProviderID;MediaTitle;MediaType;SeasonNumber;UserRating
mediafile_metadata_parser_plugins=org.jdna.sage.MetadataUpdaterPlugin
Could it be this line?:

Code:
phoenix/mediametadata/parseMediaFileForTVSeries=false
I am mostly adding backups of TV Series DVDs.. Is that why I am not seeing BMT get metadata for these items? When I look at what seems to correspond to that setting in the plugin config - it says it should never need to be enabled..

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:39 AM
SageTVaholic

@broconne - if you are experiencing issues tv dvd sets, then that would be normal. bmt does not support tv dvd sets, but rather it supports the Season Episode format (ie, File - S##E##.avi)

I'm looking to add dvd tv set support, but it's not there yet.

As for the other properties, they are ok... except, mediafile_metadata_parser_plugins=org.jdna.sage.MetadataUpdaterPlugin is no longer used. It doesn't hurt to have it there, but it does nothing.