SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
I really didn't make my comment very clear so let me try to do that now. I am not using DVD Profiler and so never changed any of the default settings for it in the BMT configuration options. There is only one entry in BMT for DVD Profiler with any text and it is "cache / Index Dir --> cache/indexDVDProfLocal/". I do not have a "SageTV/cache/indexDVDProfLocal" folder on my PC.

I use TVE to display the files and all my recent imports show a air date of 12/31/69, where as Sage Recordings show accurate date info. The file "information" screen reflects the accurate air date. If I look up the file in the BMT browser, all information displayed there is correct and "1969" is no where in the displayed fields.
Ok... so in your case, you are not using dvdprofiler... got it

If the web ui is showing the correct date, and year, then the metadata is good. Year and OriginalAirDate are 2 different fields, so it could be possible that OriginalAirDate is correct, and Year isn't. But if the metadata looks good in the web ui, then this may be a TVE issue... i've never used TVE, so I can't really comment about it, or test it.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Attached is the Castle Keep Collection.xml (keep in mind BMT does this for every DVD in my collection.)

In the BMT web UI, it displays the following metadata:
Year: 2004
Original Air Date: 2004-07-27
Attached Files
File Type: txt collection_xml for Castle Keep.txt (11.6 KB, 144 views)
Old 07-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Sage Expert

Ranger, I get the same issue as you with the 1969 in TVE. I believe it's a TVE issue as well.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I use TVE to display the files and all my recent imports show a air date of 12/31/69, where as Sage Recordings show accurate date info. The file "information" screen reflects the accurate air date. If I look up the file in the BMT browser, all information displayed there is correct and "1969" is no where in the displayed fields.
then that is a TVE problem. TVE does its own parsing of the date field and will display 1969 when it can't parse something correctly. I'll need more information on your setup to see what the problem is. It's been awhile since i used TVE (switched to the default UI so I can feedback/etc) but the last time I used it it was working as it should.

Also is this a NEW problem or has it always done this (perhaps the format of the year changed that bmt writes, so i need to parse it differently)?

EDIT: Can someone post a .properties file for an offending episode? or a screenshot from the webui for that episode?

Sean: Did the format of the date that BMT writes change (that's really the only thing i can think of)?

Double EDIT: looks like its already the consensus that its a TVE problem... thats what i get for not making sure that i finished reading the thread first
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 07-16-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
then that is a TVE problem. TVE does its own parsing of the date field and will display 1969 when it can't parse something correctly. I'll need more information on your setup to see what the problem is. It's been awhile since i used TVE (switched to the default UI so I can feedback/etc) but the last time I used it it was working as it should.

Also is this a NEW problem or has it always done this (perhaps the format of the year changed that bmt writes, so i need to parse it differently)?

EDIT: Can someone post a .properties file for an offending episode? or a screenshot from the webui for that episode?

Sean: Did the format of the date that BMT writes change (that's really the only thing i can think of)?

Double EDIT: looks like its already the consensus that its a TVE problem... thats what i get for not making sure that i finished reading the thread first
The year is still stored as a 4 digit string... but the OriginalAirDate field (ie you are parsing the year from that) is stored a long value. Before I was storing the "dates" as text strings in whatever format that the provider gave it to me... but now, I parse out the actual date and store it as a java Date.getTime() value (ie long ms value).
Old 07-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Before I was storing the "dates" as text strings in whatever format that the provider gave it to me... but now, I parse out the actual date and store it as a java Date.getTime() value (ie long ms value).
yup that's the problem... i was parsing the text string for a date and returning that (or a java time = 0, ie 1969) if i couldn't parse it correctly. I never check if it is already a valid java Date.getTime() value. So I'll need to change the TVE api to fix it.

If only I could find the time to play with sage lately so I can fix a couple of these little issues (and work on new projects too of course )
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-16-2010, 09:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
yup that's the problem... i was parsing the text string for a date and returning that (or a java time = 0, ie 1969) if i couldn't parse it correctly. I never check if it is already a valid java Date.getTime() value. So I'll need to change the TVE api to fix it.

If only I could find the time to play with sage lately so I can fix a couple of these little issues (and work on new projects too of course )
I know what you mean... I wish I had the time as well
Old 07-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

We wish you had time too. I'd willing mow your lawn and stuff if you lived nearby.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
We wish you had time too. I'd willing mow your lawn and stuff if you lived nearby.
I wish you lived nearby as well... i just paid my son $10 to cut it
Old 07-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,
I'm trying to do something fairly specific. . .

I would like to use BMT to automatically scan and pull metadata and fanart for my TV shows, and just fanart for my video collection (no metadata).

Is this possible with 4.2?

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by soulprops77; 07-16-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulprops77 View Post
Forgive me if someone's posted this, but I couldn't find anything. . .

I just did a clean SageTV v7 (latest beta) install. I then installed the BMT Web UI and can load it just fine.

However, the status page only shows Phoenix, SageTV and System Messages. I have no pane for JARS or Metadata Tools.

Am I missing something here? It was working fine before the clean install.

Thanks,
Chris
That's normal for the new 4.2 plugin. JARs was removed, since there really wasn't a need for it anymore, because of how sagetv handles the plugins... and the metadata tools panel was removed, because all core metadata is now handled directly by phoenix.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
That's normal for the new 4.2 plugin. JARs was removed, since there really wasn't a need for it anymore, because of how sagetv handles the plugins... and the metadata tools panel was removed, because all core metadata is now handled directly by phoenix.
Sorry, I found that as soon as I posted and then went back and re-edited, hoping that I got there before anyone replied. . .

My edited post reflects my real aspirations.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 07-16-2010, 11:02 PM
Sage Expert

I just reinstalled windows and Sage7 from scratch and starting with a new Wiz.bin. I still have all the *.properties files for all my videos. Is there anything I need to do to get things going? When I choose 'Browse' from the UI and choose "no metadata", all my videos show up there. Is there a way to reimport everything in to the wiz.bin? Or am I off base with something?
Old 07-16-2010, 11:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Sage should automatically pull the info from the .properties file upon import.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Sage Expert

OK. Things are still a bit foreign. I just started using both of your mods as well and so far so good.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm running into problems. Previously BMT had worked with 6.X of SageTV, but with 7.X. Now when I run a scan, BMT 4.2, I get failures for all my media? How can I debug this?

I'm running:
Windows 7 Pro - 64-bit
SageTV 7.0.12
BMT 4.2

Thanks,
Ben
Old 07-17-2010, 03:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
I'm running into an issue when I use the web interface to update metadata on some imported videos. If I try to "find metadata" and get only a single listing back from the search, if I click on the resulting name, it just flashes "fetching metadata" for a moment and I see "unable to get metadata" in red at the top of the screen. But if I get multiple listings from the search, I can click on that same listing that errrored out and now get that metadata.

As an example, a file named "alaska spirit of the wild", when searching with the full name, I'll get a single result back, but I can't fetch the metadata. but if I search for "spirit of the wild", one of the results will be "alaska spirit of the wild" and I can then fetch the metadata and then update the metadata.
just wanted to make sure you had seen this, so bumparoo.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamintm View Post
I'm running into problems. Previously BMT had worked with 6.X of SageTV, but with 7.X. Now when I run a scan, BMT 4.2, I get failures for all my media? How can I debug this?

I'm running:
Windows 7 Pro - 64-bit
SageTV 7.0.12
BMT 4.2

Thanks,
Ben
The best place to start would be the phoenix.log in the logs directory. You can try to look for errors yourself, otherwise, then create support zip, and email me the logs (along with some filenames that failed).

A couple of things to be aware of...
1. BMT will not scan mediafiles, if they already have metadata (you can override in the web ui)
2. The scan progress in the web ui is broken. (it is fixed now, but the next build has not been released)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
just wanted to make sure you had seen this, so bumparoo.
sorry... i did see it earlier... but hen I forget to respond Could you do this again, and then create a support zip from the web ui (tool -> create support request) and email me the zip file.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Sage should automatically pull the info from the .properties file upon import.
I think I'm missing something. When I run your plugin to move a folder over to recordings, the files dont move over as if they have no metadata. And my videos still show up under 'No Metadata' in BMT. Is there something special I need to do to import or is just a regular 'refresh library' supposed to add the .properties file to the wiz.bin.
What does work, is selecting an individual file to move over, search for metadata on each individual file in the sage gui video folder, then run your plugin again and it sees it as having metadata.
My .properties files were made with v6 of sage if that might have anything to do with it.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:43 AM
SageTVaholic

My Move imported tv shows plugin will only move them if they are tagged with SeasonNumber and EpisodeNumber. If your imports aren't getting tagged properly with BMT, that would prevent them from being able to be moved. Also, just to clarify, this will not actually 'move' any files or folders, it simply reassigns the files in sage so that they are treated as recordings. However, as a way to make sure they have the metadata to make that feature useful, I check the SeasonNumber and EpisodeNumber tags for existance, which basically means that BMT has scanned them, and properly retrieved TV metadata for them.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room