SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I poked around and it looks like you can edit Sage recordings but not DVDs. At least I can not find an edit function on the DVD details page.

Thanks.
You are probably right... dvds seem to be treated a little bit differently than normal media items, and I'm not sure why
Old 05-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

how do I remove BMT from the Sage.properties file?

Hello,
the SageTV beta 7 is giving me some pause this morning and I was curious how do I remove the BMT plugin from the sage.properties file?

or is there a Safe Start mode in SageTV which will block the startup of all plugins ? Sage -cleanstart ?

Thanks for your time,
Bobby

(now to ask about phoenix fanart ... and a few others ...)

here's my other thread in the beta 7 section for more information ...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48829
SageTV Server: Windows 7 64Bit, Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3), ATI Radeon HD 4290, 2 x KHX1600C9D3/4GX, 4 x HD-PVR2 Gaming, , 4 x 320GB recording drives, 2 x USB-UIRT, SageTV Server Beta
SageTV Client & 2 x HD-300 Extender.
40.8TB unRaid 6.6.5 media server

Last edited by perfessor101; 05-29-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Stuckless, is there a reason you set the alert level so high for not finding metadata? When I see the red "i" show up I panic a little until I see it's just a recording or imported video for which BMT was unable to find metadata.

It might help people that panic easily to reduce the alert level. Or possibly be able to adjust resulting alert level. I can see where system message reporting can be disabled but some people might not view the inability to find metadata to be critical and as such would not warrant such a high alert level.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfessor101 View Post
Hello,
the SageTV beta 7 is giving me some pause this morning and I was curious how do I remove the BMT plugin from the sage.properties file?

or is there a Safe Start mode in SageTV which will block the startup of all plugins ? Sage -cleanstart ?
In the the Sage7 Plugin Manager you can disable a plugin, or uninstall it. YOu can also disable all plugins at once (from what I recall)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Stuckless, is there a reason you set the alert level so high for not finding metadata? When I see the red "i" show up I panic a little until I see it's just a recording or imported video for which BMT was unable to find metadata.

It might help people that panic easily to reduce the alert level. Or possibly be able to adjust resulting alert level. I can see where system message reporting can be disabled but some people might not view the inability to find metadata to be critical and as such would not warrant such a high alert level.
YOu can turn off the system messages from the web ui, under the Automatic Plugin configuration. But in the next release I've set this to be an "info" instead of an "error". Sorry for all the false panic
Old 06-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

I see various versions of using the MediaTitles.xml file to guide bmt based on file/directory. It's not clear to me how I would use this for sagetv recordings to gather data. For instance I have recording of MorganFreemansThroughtheWormhole-IsThereaCreator-1783990.ts
at thetvdb the title is 'through the wormhole' and showid '168571', so do I do this to get it to find future episodes accurately after recording and create the correct .properties?

<match>
<regex>[\\/]MorganFreemansThroughtheWormhole*[\\/]</regex>
<title>Through the Wormhole</title>
<year>2010</year>
<metadata type="tv" name="tvdb">168571</metadata>
</match>
Old 06-17-2010, 11:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
I see various versions of using the MediaTitles.xml file to guide bmt based on file/directory. It's not clear to me how I would use this for sagetv recordings to gather data. For instance I have recording of MorganFreemansThroughtheWormhole-IsThereaCreator-1783990.ts
at thetvdb the title is 'through the wormhole' and showid '168571', so do I do this to get it to find future episodes accurately after recording and create the correct .properties?

<match>
<regex>[\\/]MorganFreemansThroughtheWormhole*[\\/]</regex>
<title>Through the Wormhole</title>
<year>2010</year>
<metadata type="tv" name="tvdb">168571</metadata>
</match>
That's close... but I think the regex should be more like...
Code:
		<regex>[\\/]MorganFreemansThroughtheWormhole.*</regex>
the [\\/] means to match a file path separator (\ on windows and / on linux/mac). The .* means any character (specifically the dot means any character) and the * means repeated.

So the [\\/]MorganFreemansThroughtheWormhole.* regex should match any filename that starts with MorganFreemansThroughtheWormhole.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

How can I exclude avi files from the automatic scan? After every conversion bmt tries to get metadata - is it necessary if the mpg already has the info?

Client 1: HD300; Panasonic TC-P65S64;
Client 2: HD300; Samsung 46" LCD;
Client 3: HD300; 60" LCD;
Old 06-20-2010, 10:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Keep in mind that bmt doesn't know about how 1 file may be associated to another file. ie, if you transcode a file from mpg to avi, then bmt doesn't know that there was an original file, that has metadata.

You can exclude all avi files by using an exlude filter regular expression. If you search for exclude in the web ui, then you should be able to find what you are looking for.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Sage Fanatic

i just updated from 4.0.27 to 4.2, and it seems all my metadata tools are gone, any ideas?

the metadata frame isnt even listed on the status page anymore.
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 07-02-2010, 02:38 AM
Sage User

Import Directorys and 4.x

When I was running BMT 3.x, I could scan individual video import directories and update metadata and fanarts for that directory only. This was nice because it would send all the fanart to this directory. Am I missing something with 4.x? Or can this be enabled with 4.x?
4 HD200s running in extender mode.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbob View Post
When I was running BMT 3.x, I could scan individual video import directories and update metadata and fanarts for that directory only. This was nice because it would send all the fanart to this directory. Am I missing something with 4.x? Or can this be enabled with 4.x?
Same issue i am having, all metadata options seem to be gone.

Also, do all your scans immediately end as "canceled"?
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 07-02-2010, 08:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
i just updated from 4.0.27 to 4.2, and it seems all my metadata tools are gone, any ideas?

the metadata frame isnt even listed on the status page anymore.
The tools are still there in that if you browse a view, you can scan and edit metadata. The "Metadata Tools" panel has been removed, since it's now a part of the Phoenix Core project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
Same issue i am having, all metadata options seem to be gone.

Also, do all your scans immediately end as "canceled"?
Many of the scanning options have been removed, mainly because they caused too many issues in trying to support it. Which options are your specifically looking for?

You can still select a folder and perform a scan on that folder. If you seeing it cancelled right away, then that would appear to be a problem.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

Yes the instant i hit scan it says canceled. If i leave the only option check, they all fail. If i uncheck it, it says the all succeeded (still canceled though) and the count is different. Regardless, it always goes to canceled instantly.

I dont mean to sound ungrateful, the tools are extremely valuable. And i appreciate any assistance.
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 07-06-2010, 04:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Display Title Changes....

I just noticed in the past couple of days (since updating the plugin?) that my show titles no longer include the season or episode numbers when the metadata has been retrieved or updated.

Before, there was an option in the BMT web interface to tell BMT how to display the title (some confusing switches at first, but I had it set the way I liked). Now, it only shows the episode name.

One example:

Top Gear - S15E01 - Three Wheeled Cars

now, episode 2 shows simply

Trackday Cars

It appears that the shows are being displayed in the correct order, but I personally do not like seeing JUST the name of the episode. It makes it easier for me to see the episode numbers and the like so that I can make sure that I am not missing anything... can this be restored to its original glory? I found a switch on the web interface (4.2) that says "advanced settings", but I haven't found where these "advanced settings" are.... help?
Old 07-06-2010, 05:21 AM
SageTVaholic

I believe the Display title mask was removed from BMT in 4.1 or 4.2. It was actually pulled for good reason. The Display formating should be handled by the UI, not hacked into the title metadata of the video. I've got a couple plugins in the repository that will let you move those imported tv shows into the recordings screen, and another that enables s00e00 notation to the malore recordings screen. Of course, since the Malore screen hasn't been updated to the new v7 look and feel, it will still be the old blue, but functionally, it will do what you want.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-06-2010, 05:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
I just noticed in the past couple of days (since updating the plugin?) that my show titles no longer include the season or episode numbers when the metadata has been retrieved or updated.

Before, there was an option in the BMT web interface to tell BMT how to display the title (some confusing switches at first, but I had it set the way I liked). Now, it only shows the episode name.

One example:

Top Gear - S15E01 - Three Wheeled Cars

now, episode 2 shows simply

Trackday Cars

It appears that the shows are being displayed in the correct order, but I personally do not like seeing JUST the name of the episode. It makes it easier for me to see the episode numbers and the like so that I can make sure that I am not missing anything... can this be restored to its original glory?
I think there was another thread about this, with more detail, but the general thought is that BMT should not reformat the titles in the metadata but rather, a UI plugin should be responsible for displaying a title in a particular format.

I may add a special exception for TV files that are not recordings, but I haven't fully decidded yet. (I have to review the other thread to see what I ultimately committed to)

Last edited by stuckless; 07-06-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:05 AM
SageTVaholic

It would be just as easy (and make more sense) for a UI import to detect if a video is TV (either with SeasonNumber/EpisodeNumber, etc) and format the display as appropriate, than it would be to muck up the metadata with this extra information.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-06-2010, 07:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry guys - neglected to mention - I'm using the SageMC ui, as I didn't like the way that the stock Sage7 UI displayed the imported videos - instead of showing it like

Series Name - SxxE11 - Episode Title

It shows it as

filename.avi

Maybe this is something for #MeInMaui to look at? All I can say is that it appeared to be working fine a week or so ago, then it "broke"
Old 07-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Sage Expert

Hey guys. Am I missing something or is the keyword search from the UI missing? I recently came over from v3.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
Hey guys. Am I missing something or is the keyword search from the UI missing? I recently came over from v3.
That's been gone for a long time