SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:33 AM
SageTVaholic

i see a log4j.jar in there, which you can remove by simply deleteing it from the file system. But I'm not seeing a common-logging.jar in there, so I'm not sure why bmt is reporting that as a duplicate jar. Personally, I think that log4j is your only dupe, and you can safely remove log4j.jar, and restart sage.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the reply.

I have used the Web UI but I have over 6K in tv episodes and about 800 movies. Loading this info seems to take a very long time to load in Web UI and the interface is slugish. At least for me.

Out of these items, BMT was able to find pretty much all the movies and about half of the TV shows. Some of the TV shows it found were also incorrect. For example, I have the most recent Astro Boy tv show. i had it labeled as "Astro Boy 2003 SxxExx". It found the show but all the synopsis for each episode belong to the 1960's version, not the 2003.

This isn't a slam against the program, it has done an amazing job. But given the slugish performance of Web UI. Again, this may just be me, but I think going through the command line for everything might be best so i can choose the correct items for each item. In the future I am naming new shows with the correct "Show name SxxExx" format to avoid this. For what I have left though I think this is the best option. I should only have to do this once, hopefully .

I tried to run the command line option form within th esage directory and got the following error. "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."

Any ideas? I only have the JRE installed at this point, as when i installed the JDK Sage would not load properly.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranzel View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I have used the Web UI but I have over 6K in tv episodes and about 800 movies. Loading this info seems to take a very long time to load in Web UI and the interface is slugish. At least for me.

Out of these items, BMT was able to find pretty much all the movies and about half of the TV shows. Some of the TV shows it found were also incorrect. For example, I have the most recent Astro Boy tv show. i had it labeled as "Astro Boy 2003 SxxExx". It found the show but all the synopsis for each episode belong to the 1960's version, not the 2003.

This isn't a slam against the program, it has done an amazing job. But given the slugish performance of Web UI. Again, this may just be me, but I think going through the command line for everything might be best so i can choose the correct items for each item. In the future I am naming new shows with the correct "Show name SxxExx" format to avoid this. For what I have left though I think this is the best option. I should only have to do this once, hopefully .

I tried to run the command line option form within th esage directory and got the following error. "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."

Any ideas? I only have the JRE installed at this point, as when i installed the JDK Sage would not load properly.
The "command not found" means that windows cannot find the java.exe command. If you installed java, then typing java at a command prompt should find it. I'm not a windows person, so I can't really offer much behond that.

As for the sluggish UI... I can see with 6000 items it would get slow. I'm working on some core improvements, so hopefully in a few more builds, the UI will become acceptable, even for 6000 items
Old 05-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

This is a great tool! I just switched to 4.0 with the v7 update (after using 3.x previously). One thing that I don't like is that it's considered a failure if no data is found for a show. Is there a way to configure this? Right now the red exclamation mark is pretty much on all the time, if I just browse through some channels as there's always something for which there's no data found.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Gregg I can't explain your previous issue. But there is no on demand search for bmts in sage 7.
I am still trying to figure that first part out - I cleared my cache as well, unless there are other things that I also need to "start fresh" - tried a full rescan of media too... no dice. I guess I'll just keep hacking!

Something that I did notice on the weekend- my "fanart" is now not being used. I recall a while back that Sage does not officially support fanart, which is why it was built in to SageMC. Now, however, BMT is only doing half of its job because it's really only pulling in Metadata (which is great, don't get me wrong). Is it still pulling fanart and movies posters? Is there a way to get these images (at least the movie/show posters) to display in Sage 7?
Old 05-25-2010, 02:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
Something that I did notice on the weekend- my "fanart" is now not being used. I recall a while back that Sage does not officially support fanart, which is why it was built in to SageMC. Now, however, BMT is only doing half of its job because it's really only pulling in Metadata (which is great, don't get me wrong). Is it still pulling fanart and movies posters? Is there a way to get these images (at least the movie/show posters) to display in Sage 7?
this. http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48410

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks, Jack! I'll have to check this out later on tonight...

Last edited by can3gxw; 05-25-2010 at 06:40 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm having a hard time getting BMT to ignore some import folders.

I want these shared folders (and all sub folders) ignored:
\\panini\videos
\\panini\music
\\panini\pictures

I've tried adding this expression to "Ignore These Folders" in the web UI:
Code:
VIDEOS|MUSIC|PICTURES
When I test the expression, I get this message:
"Regex is valid, but it did not match anything."

And I get messages like this in 'System Messages:
"Failed to find metadata for: \\panini\videos\Family Home Movies\201005\CLIP0016.AVI using provider imdb-2,themoviedb.org,imdb.xml"

What should the expression be to get this to work?
Client: Fire TV Stick 4K
Old 05-27-2010, 05:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfi33 View Post
I'm having a hard time getting BMT to ignore some import folders.

I want these shared folders (and all sub folders) ignored:
\\panini\videos
\\panini\music
\\panini\pictures

I've tried adding this expression to "Ignore These Folders" in the web UI:
Code:
VIDEOS|MUSIC|PICTURES
When I test the expression, I get this message:
"Regex is valid, but it did not match anything."

And I get messages like this in 'System Messages:
"Failed to find metadata for: \\panini\videos\Family Home Movies\201005\CLIP0016.AVI using provider imdb-2,themoviedb.org,imdb.xml"

What should the expression be to get this to work?
Try to enter the regex titles in the same case as the directory... ie,

videos|music|pictures

Regex is by default case sensitive.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
Hoping someone can help me track this problem down.
After upgrading to v7 beta I'm getting

${error}

when trying to open up the bmt 4 web interface.

I've installed the jetty web server 1.7.5.22 followed by Metadata Tools for SageTV 4.0.27 using the interface. Am I missing something?
YOu can probably check this thread.

I'm trying to get a small utility out tonight that will help clean up an "upgrade" path. There appears to be some issues if you have bmt installed, then upgrade to sage7, since there will be a lot of duplicate jars... and it's tricky to know which ones to delete.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
YOu can probably check this thread.

I'm trying to get a small utility out tonight that will help clean up an "upgrade" path. There appears to be some issues if you have bmt installed, then upgrade to sage7, since there will be a lot of duplicate jars... and it's tricky to know which ones to delete.
I flailed about enough that eventually it sorted itself out. I still have many duplicate jar files, and will look for the automated help!
cheers.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hello all, I have a dumb question: Where can I download BMT 4.0.27? When I go to the Google Code site (here) the highest version I see is 4.0.21. I am really interested in v. 4.0.27 as the documentation I have seen said it resolves the TV show series DVD lookup issue. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
Hello all, I have a dumb question: Where can I download BMT 4.0.27? When I go to the Google Code site (here) the highest version I see is 4.0.21. I am really interested in v. 4.0.27 as the documentation I have seen said it resolves the TV show series DVD lookup issue. Thanks in advance for your help.
4.0.27 may actually be in a Sage7 plugin repository build... which is not compatible with Sage6. BMT is undergoing some extensive changes as the moment because of Sage7... so 4.0.21, is probably last Sage6 build for awhile.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Stuckless. I have given STV7 a test drive and like it, but I am waiting for more development before I make it my production server. I guess I will just stick with BMT 4.0.21 for now.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Try to enter the regex titles in the same case as the directory... ie,

videos|music|pictures

Regex is by default case sensitive.
Doh...it's as simple as that, huh?

That seemed to do the trick. Thanks for your help (and the great tool)!
Client: Fire TV Stick 4K
Old 05-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have been working on this for a while now and just do not see what is going wrong. I am trying to change the Display Title of various items. All are ripped DVD's in VIDEO_TS folders. Some are movies and some are tv shows. I go into the the Metatdata Tools web interface for v4.0.27 and fetch the metadata. Then I change the Display Title to what I want it to be. I then click Save, and I have picked may combinations of the items, but I have tried Update Metadata, Overwrite Existing Metadata, Create .properties Files, Update Fanart, Overwrite Existing Fanart, and Update Wiz.bin. 99.9% of the time it saves the Display Title as what it wants to and not what it or I put in the field. I try it over and over and over and about 1 out of 30ish times it will work. For an example when I pull the metadata for an episode of I, Claudius the fetch put the Display Title as "I, Claudius - S01E01 - A Touch of Murder" (without quotes) which is actually what I want. But after saving it it changes the title to "A Touch of Murder" (without quotes). I edit it directly and resave but no change. I try time after time and after 30ish tries it may decide to change it if I am really lucky.

How do I change the display title and get it to save it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 05-28-2010, 11:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
I have been working on this for a while now and just do not see what is going wrong. I am trying to change the Display Title of various items. All are ripped DVD's in VIDEO_TS folders. Some are movies and some are tv shows. I go into the the Metatdata Tools web interface for v4.0.27 and fetch the metadata. Then I change the Display Title to what I want it to be. I then click Save, and I have picked may combinations of the items, but I have tried Update Metadata, Overwrite Existing Metadata, Create .properties Files, Update Fanart, Overwrite Existing Fanart, and Update Wiz.bin. 99.9% of the time it saves the Display Title as what it wants to and not what it or I put in the field. I try it over and over and over and about 1 out of 30ish times it will work. For an example when I pull the metadata for an episode of I, Claudius the fetch put the Display Title as "I, Claudius - S01E01 - A Touch of Murder" (without quotes) which is actually what I want. But after saving it it changes the title to "A Touch of Murder" (without quotes). I edit it directly and resave but no change. I try time after time and after 30ish tries it may decide to change it if I am really lucky.

How do I change the display title and get it to save it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
I don't manually edit much data using the Web UI So, I can say that I've run into this issue before. It's quite possible that bmt is overwriting the title to the masked title, which it is not supposed to do from the web ui.

Currently, I'm working on getting a better Sage7 version of bmt working (not the web ui), so I don't have a lot of time to spend on issues at the moment
Old 05-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I don't manually edit much data using the Web UI So, I can say that I've run into this issue before. It's quite possible that bmt is overwriting the title to the masked title, which it is not supposed to do from the web ui.

Currently, I'm working on getting a better Sage7 version of bmt working (not the web ui), so I don't have a lot of time to spend on issues at the moment
Thanks for the quick reply. I know you guys are busy and greatly appreciate the hard work all of you have put in. Thanks again.

Is there anywhere I can manually change it, or is it just not being updated in the wiz.bin and I can not edit it?

Thanks.
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 05-28-2010, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I know you guys are busy and greatly appreciate the hard work all of you have put in. Thanks again.

Is there anywhere I can manually change it, or is it just not being updated in the wiz.bin and I can not edit it?

Thanks.
Another avenue to try is nielm's webserver. When you view details on a media item then under the media, there is an "edit details" link. YOu may be able to change it there.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Another avenue to try is nielm's webserver. When you view details on a media item then under the media, there is an "edit details" link. YOu may be able to change it there.
Thanks for the suggestion. I poked around and it looks like you can edit Sage recordings but not DVDs. At least I can not find an edit function on the DVD details page.

Thanks.