SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:09 PM
SageTVaholic

The clue was the different metadata for each one.. That pointed towards it being completely separate entries in the wiz.bin.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 04-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Next issue - and in this case it's happening on my brothers setup as well - For reference I am running BMT 4.0Beta and BMI Tools 1.1 - Just recorded mythbusters and there was no fanart for it, so using BMI tools I had it search, and it found mythbusters fanart. but ... the mythbusters fanart is what shows for 50% or more of ALL shows. I have unloaded TVE and the fanart that is displayed by the standard UI is still correct. Any clues on this? Again, I imagine it is something I am doing wrong but don't know what it is. For what it's worth I totally appreciate all the work all of the freelance programmers do here - you take a great app and make it an amazing app! TV Explorer is so cool! I love it grouping all my imported and recorded together! I like the backgrounds etc.
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 04-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Sage Icon

@enzominator... thats mmmm weird
- what import are you using to display fanart in the default stv? and its correct?
- Does the bmt web ui display the correct fanart for all the titles?
- TVE worked properly before you used bmt tools to look up fanart for "mythbusters"?
-the shows that display the incorrect mythbusters fanart now should have fanart or not?

Ive not loaded BMT4 but I've not had this problem with bmt 3 on the sagemc version....
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
@enzominator... thats mmmm weird
- what import are you using to display fanart in the default stv? and its correct?
The Standard UI itself? Plugins I am running: Dynamic Menu, BMITools for DefaultSTV 1.1, Phoenix Fanart for Default STV v1.7, Comskip playback, TV Explorer for Default 1.01.028 build 37. Yes, but it doesn't use the background art like TVexplorer does.
Quote:
- Does the bmt web ui display the correct fanart for all the titles?
Yes, always
Quote:
- TVE worked properly before you used bmt tools to look up fanart for "mythbusters"?
Well it has goofed up once before and the 'solution' was to delete the show that caused the problem (in this case mythbusters) - (if* I recall I deleted the offendings shows artwork then deleted the offending show itself
Quote:
-the shows that display the incorrect mythbusters fanart now should have fanart or not?
The shows that display incorrect fanart were showing the right fanart, and if I go to the directory where the fanart is stored, the fanart is still there

More - This time I didn't delete the show, i went into the other shows that were displaying the wrong artwork and asked bmitools 1.1 to delete the fanart ... which it did. So all the mythbusters fanart was deleted. now when I go to any of these shows in TVExplorer it shows *no* fanart (including mythbusters show...) and the mythbusters fanart is indeed gone. if, on an effected show (say Diners, Drive ins and Dives), I request via bmitools 1.1 for it to search and download fanart it quickly comes back, if I ask BMItools 1.1 to display the fanart it says there is none... if I look in the folder (diner drives in and dives) the fanart is there... if I fall back to not using TVExploer the fanart is there.

?
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 04-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think I had a similar problem with SageMC and TVE and if I remember right a restart of Sage and the service after deleting the show/fanart fixed it. I also happened right after I used the BMI fanart lookup from within Sage. I just use the web interface only now.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oats View Post
I think I had a similar problem with SageMC and TVE and if I remember right a restart of Sage and the service after deleting the show/fanart fixed it. I also happened right after I used the BMI fanart lookup from within Sage. I just use the web interface only now.
ya i dont use any of the stvi tools and am wondering if perhaps that could be causing an issue (who knows how). There seems to be at least a couple of people with corruption in their fanart with bmt 4 (if you read that thread)... so I wonder if the issue here is similar to that one...

TVE only displays the fanart that the phoenix/bmt api's tell it to for a given mediaobject... so these type of corruption issues to me point me to a problem in the phoenix/bmt apis.... (unless of course there is some new api methods for retrieving/displaying fanart that i do not know about....)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-01-2010, 01:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Cool - Thanks to you both... and one sheepish question... it says "make sure you are running Sageex.api" - I am not sure I installed that... is that included in something else I installed?

I am now downstate and installing it all on *my* sage server. I'll follow the suggestion and not use BMItools for now.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzominator View Post
Cool - Thanks to you both... and one sheepish question... it says "make sure you are running Sageex.api" - I am not sure I installed that... is that included in something else I installed?
The sagex.api is automatically installed when you install BMT 4 so you should be OK on that one.

I do use the BMI Tools and the Phoenix Fanart for the Default STV so I do not think that is your problem.

I personally have not tried either the SageMC version of TVE or this version of TVE with BMT 4. I was going to wait until BMT 4 became "official" before trying it out. As razrsharpe has already pointed out, it sounds like your problems are stemming from BMT. Maybe try downgrading to version 3?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Is there any chance that you would port this over to V7 temporarily until razrsharpe comes out with his new version? This is a continuation of some posts in the SageMC TVExplorer thread.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=662
Old 05-20-2010, 04:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Is there any chance that you would port this over to V7 temporarily until razrsharpe comes out with his new version? This is a continuation of some posts in the SageMC TVExplorer thread.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=662

I am sure he is still trying to play catchup with everything new in v7 for developers. Not to speak for him of course
Old 05-21-2010, 06:00 PM
SageTVaholic

I'll look into porting it but I will need some time to see what is involved.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Cautiously Optimistic

I just installed the v7 beta and took a look into what's changed in Studio and the new base STV. From what I've seen so far it will be possible to get this going on v7 without too much difficulty. Sage was nice enough to keep most of the "old code" in the STV so getting the STVi to work should be straight forward.

It will certainly be easier to port this version vs. the SageMC version.

razrsharpe - If you have the burning desire to take this on I will not be offended

Old 05-22-2010, 12:43 PM
SageTVaholic

For the Early Adopters

Here is something to try. It works for Sage7 but it's not yet in the plugin library. There are probably a few bugs in there but nothing too serious that I can see.

For now you will have to use the old way of installation:
- Stop Sage.
- Unzip to the Sage install directory (usually c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv)
- Restart Sage and import in the old way.

It needs four.JAR files, but if you were previously running Sage and had either TVExplorer for SageMC or TVExplorer for the Default working, the .JAR files should be there already. Check to make sure you have the following in the JARs directory:

- df_sageutils.jar
- phoenix.jar
- sagemc.jar
- sageortus.jar

Yes, I am working on getting this into the new plugin library, but that may take a little more time.

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip TVExplorer for Sage 7 1.01.028.001.zip (719.6 KB, 284 views)

Last edited by tmiranda; 05-22-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Sage Icon

ps... if anyone tries this make sure you use the sageortus.jar from toms latest tve for the default stv download (not the sagemc one)... his jar is older and works with the 1.028 version he ported
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-22-2010, 09:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow, very nice of you to dig into this and let us know the potential, Tom!

So that no one is confused or has the wrong expectations, the TVE Tom is explaining how to get working is essentially version 1.0.1.028, correct? Which would mean the the changes/fixes in .038 and .040 are not incorporated? Again, just making sure that any SageMC users who try this know what to expect.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 05-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
So that no one is confused or has the wrong expectations, the TVE Tom is explaining how to get working is essentially version 1.0.1.028, correct? Which would mean the the changes/fixes in .038 and .040 are not incorporated?
That's correct. I/We Have a working STVi based off tom's work in porting TVE for the default STVi. The only thing I am waiting for is mike to upload the sagemc.jar as a dependency so i can depend on it in my plugin manifest.

Tom had some of his own fixes in TVE for the default to fix some of the issues TVE for Sagemc addressed in .038 and .040. So I am VERY reluctant to fix any other issues that might come up unless they are MAJOR show stoppers. I want to concentrate on A) Spending time outside now that its summer and B) Getting TVE2 working

Again a BIG thanks to tom for his work porting TVE to the default STV3 and then again to STV7
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-23-2010, 02:39 AM
Sage Fanatic

Great news guys! Thanks again for getting this ported so quickly.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Sage User

Where does it show up?

Installed the ported stvi in the old fashioned way, made sure I have all the .jars. Where does TVE show up? Do I have to do something else. Running the v7 beta and serenity theme..

Rob
Old 05-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Sage User

Cursor Highlight

Ok, I found it... duh, one last question, the cursor no longer highlights the selection, all works, but cannot highlight. What command/option to i change to take care of that.

Rob
Old 05-23-2010, 04:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Rob,

If you installed the STVi I ported to the Sage6 STV, that will not reliably work. The version that works under Sage7 has not been released yet because it has a dependency on sagemc.jar and MeInMaui needs to put that in the plugin manager first.

Patience, it should not be too much longer.

Tom