SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > The SageTV Community
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

The SageTV Community Here's the place to discuss what's worth recording, HTPC deals at retail stores, events happening outside of your home theater, and pretty much anything else you'd like. (No For-Sale posts)

Old 02-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Thanks for that info. I hadn't yet looked into it, but I figured I had the latest versions since I downloaded everything the day I installed them; I'll have to double check that.

I got an error in TI that said it couldn't work since an older version of their disk access code was installed. Are you using SATA drives with AHCI enabled? Disk Director can't even see any drives on my new PC when using it from a bootable CD. It saw them from within Windows (but then TI wouldn't run).

- Andy
I am running these on my laptop. I bought TrueImage 10.0 and Disk Director Suite 10.0 back in 2007. I upgraded to TrueImage Home 2010 last month.

I have noticed a few quirks with it (for example, it tries to mimic the Win7 Aero interface with the semi-transparent title bar even though I'm running XP, but it frequently has trouble rendering and I get some corrupted graphics along the title bar instead). But I have never gotten an error message and it seems to be creating backups OK. I can still open Disk Director and see my partitions (I have not actually moved any partitions around since doing the upgrade). I have only tried using these programs from within Windows (not from a separate boot disk).

According to the Help | About screen, I am running "Acronis Disk Director Suite® version 10.0 (build 2,160)"

I have an internal 2.5" drive that I beleive is SATA (Fujitsu MHY2250BH). I also have an external USB-attached hard drive (WD MyBook 1TB). I doubt that AHCI is enabled (from what I understand, it is not natively supported by WinXP and requires you to insert a driver disk during Windows install). I would probably have to go to the Bios menu to be sure.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 02-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
According to the Help | About screen, I am running "Acronis Disk Director Suite® version 10.0 (build 2,160)"
I was using a newer build.

Quote:
I have an internal 2.5" drive that I beleive is SATA (Fujitsu MHY2250BH). I also have an external USB-attached hard drive (WD MyBook 1TB). I doubt that AHCI is enabled (from what I understand, it is not natively supported by WinXP and requires you to insert a driver disk during Windows install). I would probably have to go to the Bios menu to be sure.
I haven't looked into it much more yet, but I think I remember seeing comments about incompatibility with Intel X58 based motherboards and/or AHCI; if my memory is correct, that would explain why Disk Director works for you but not for me. At least True Image Home 2010 works & that's the one that is more important to me at the moment.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.