SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

View Poll Results: v2.0.10 Multi-tuner SageTVClient folks: did you upgrade? does tuner scheduling work?
I upgraded my multi-tuner SageTVClient/server and recording functions basically work 8 72.73%
I upgraded my multi-tuner SageTVClient/server and recording functions are seriously broken 3 27.27%
I clean installed my multi-tuner SageTVClient/server and recording functions basically work 0 0%
I clean installed my multi-tuner SageTVClient/server and recording functions are seriously broken 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2004, 06:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Wink upgrade or fresh install? do recording functions work or not?

Please, this poll is only for people with multi-tuner systems where they use both SageTV and SageTVClient and who were used to this system under v1.4 as well.

No, but seriously, I'm curious how many peope would say that the tuner-driving features (those that schedule when to record something) are basically working vs. how many people would say that they see showstopper issues with the tuner driving engine. In other words, does it record what you expect it to record and not record what you don't expect?

I'm also curious about whether you allowed SageTV to upgrade itself from 1.4.10 via the installer or you installed into a fresh directory.

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Selected (the word voted didn't seem right somehow) the first option. Upgrade+works.

t
Old 01-25-2004, 06:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, the poll author voted #2 (upgraded and seriously broken). This is NOT to say that I am in a panic or that I am upset about it or anything. Quite the contrary. But I am looking for patterns in how particular setups and whatnot might be causing problems.

I launched this poll b/c I thought it would be a good place to start in sorting out which environments are having problems. Since I'm in the multi-tuner/SageTVClient environment I figured this poll would be a good place to start

My 2 problems with recording are:

a) the Server is very determined to continue to record the channel where it was recently recorded something. It just doesn't want to stop. It goes on to record the following shows.

b) I sometimes can't change the channel in LiveTV guide. I think this is because of (a) but I'm not sure.

Thanks to all who participate!
Old 01-26-2004, 01:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks to everyone for contributing... for those who saw problems, might they be similar to mine? If so we should dig deeper into what commonalities we share that aren't shared by those reporting success.