SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-28-2010, 07:06 AM
Sage Fanatic

USB drive not working for import media folder?

Hey Guys,

I looked in the manual and did some searches here but couldn't find an answer.

I have a few import folders listed. They are NOT on my SageTV computer but instead a computer over the network. On all these, I have used SageTV to browse to the folder and select it. On the computer where all these are located, two of the folders are internal hard drives... these are working. One of them is a USB drive attached to this same computer. When selecting the import folder, everything looks to work and SageTV does "see" this USB drive. I am sharing the USB drive the same way I am sharing the internal drives but for the USB drive, it is not showing my DVDs that are located on this USB drive. One thing I did notice is that when I go through the menu to browse my media import folders, this USB drive does show up here but has a big "X" through it???

I have tried numerous things to get this to work and since I'm using SageTV to browse to the folders, it is using the correct path/format. Is it just not possible to use a USB connected drive on a networked computer for an import folder?

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2010, 07:16 AM
SageTVaholic

can you browse directly to the USB drive from windows? there must be some sort of authentication issue. Apparently, it can be seen in the list of shares, but not actually read from.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Sage Fanatic

I'm at work now but will try to actually PLAY a video using a different player from my SageTV computer later. I was originally sharing it as "DVDs Drive P" and when it didn't work, I deleted the sharing and changed the share name to "DVDs_P". SageTV did see the name change but still would not access the folder. Still just had the big ole "X" over it. One difference is that the internal drive has the share name the same as the folder name. With this USB drive, I have the folder as "DVDs" which is the same as I have for the internal drive so I changed the share name to (now) "DVDs_P" so I'd know the difference. Normally this doesn't matter but with SageTV does the share name have to MATCH the folder name?

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2010, 12:23 PM
SageTVaholic

No, that's not a limitation, the share name can be anyhting you choose. As said, there's something on the server preventing sharing of USB drives for some reason. Can you browse it from anoother computer on the network?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks for the info, Fuzzy! It turns out it is some sort of access thing. When just trying to browse to this drive from my SageTV PC Windows Explorer I get an error which mentions that I might not have permission to access this network resource but then under this, but in the same error box, I have the message...

"Not enough server storage is available to process this command."

I've never seen that before so will have to do a little research on that one but for whatever reason I'm getting this message (hard drive isn't full) is most likely why SageTV can "see" it but can't do anything with it.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

Got it resolved and not exactly sure why this was a problem for me but doesn't seem to be for others but a little Google search on the error revealed some info about IRPStackSize in the registry. I added a line to the registry and set the value to 21 (supposedly defaults to 18) and then it worked. Weird but that fixed the problem and I can now again navigate to the USB drives on a networked computer