SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Sage User

Problems with HD100s after STV update

Some time last week I got a notification of a new STV update available. I updated my HD100s and since then, they've become quite unreliable.

I see two symptoms:

1. while using it the HD100 gets slower and then eventually the video disappears and then
2. power cycling the HD100 seems to boot normally but then no video when it tries to connect to the SageTV server.

Restarting the SageTV service seems to fix the problem for a while, but it invariably comes back. Interestingly, when this happens it happens to both HD100 units, plus Placeshifter clients, but normal clients seem to be OK.

I think I'm seeing a memory leak in the service: at one point while trying to figure this out I connected with a client and I had a system message to the effect that I had run out of heap space. I've bumped up the max heap to 700MB and this does seem to improve things, but we're still having problems.

Could this have been introduced by the STV update?

I'm running SageTV 6.6.2 on WHS, HD100's with the latest firmware.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 11-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Are you using the hidden malore menus? If so, try this test STV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Are you using the hidden malore menus? If so, try this test STV.

- Andy
In fact, yes I am. (Sorry, I meant to include that bit of information.)

I'll try out the patch in that other thread some time this holiday weekend. In the meantime, is it sufficient to just disable malore menus to work around the issue.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteele View Post
I'll try out the patch in that other thread some time this holiday weekend. In the meantime, is it sufficient to just disable malore menus to work around the issue.
Yes, and I'm about to turn that test STV into an STV update that SageTV can download itself.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Yes, and I'm about to turn that test STV into an STV update that SageTV can download itself.

- Andy
I was able to install the STV update on Wednesday (I think) and everything seems to be working smoothly again.

Thanks!

Rich
Old 11-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am having the same issues. When I boot HD-100 I can get into the settings menu, alter video/audio inputs, it finds the server but when i connect to it, the tv screen is blank. in the past, i had to just change my video output settings to allow only 1080p via hdmi, however now, even when i cycle through the video resolution options, no images appears. I have tried firmware update, reset to original stx100.bin files and also switched to component and spdif outputs, still no luck. I saw the post about updating the stv but i can't do it because the extender will not even boot into the main menu pages to navigate to setup and so forth. What other suggestion does anyone have? it was all working just fine until i left for the holidays...