SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Sage User

Autocompress duplicates

I tried a quick search for this in the SageMC forum, but no luck finding an answer. So I ask...

I'm trying to use autocompress to reduce the size of shows I've already watched. It seems to work fine, in that the shows it recompresses play just fine. The problem is, I've just now turned this back on, after having it turned of for some time, and it's trying to autocompress ~90 recordings, 3x each for a total of 270 compression jobs.

How do I go about cleaning this up?

I was also trying to figure out what caused the duplicates. The only thing that comes to mind is that I also have it enabled on the HD-extender (which is also running SageMC). Should I only have it enabled on the server?

My hardware is in the sig. I run sage on the server in service mode. I also run a client on the server. I also have 1 hd-extender(hd200).

Last edited by mrdrbdt; 11-23-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Sage User

I went and checked the converison que this morning and I now have 407 scheduled conversion. Roughly 4 copies of each original converison....

I'm at a loss for what is causing this.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Sage Icon

Make sure youi don't have something like Dirmon deleting the .autocompress files.

John
Old 11-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the suggestion, but that does not seem to be the case. Each video that is currently in the autocompress que has a related autocompress file.

Also, I'm using comskip monitor do to the comskiping. It is set to only delete the comskip files after the video is gone, but does not touch the autocompress file.

I'm also using BMT, and I just read a problem about BMT "touching" recorded files. The problem has to do with sage detecting the wrong runtime, but I'm wondering if it's related to this problem. Though, I'm sort of discounting this as the source of the duplicates because after looking at my recorded files they all seem to have the correct modified/created dates on them.

ps: I cleaned up the duplicate recordings with a macro, worked like a charm. But I'm still getting duplicates for some reason.

Edit: I just did some more research and I found that the files that have been already converted, but are being added back to the conversion que do not have an associated autocompress file. Which leads me to the question, should I have an autocompress file for files that are already recompressed? In other words, how does sage know what to compress and what not to compress? Does it look for a marker file (.autocompress) and only compress if it finds it? Or does it compress if it does NOT find it?

Also, I happened to notice last night that one of my shows that is set to wait until it is watched to autocompress was on the autocompress list before I watched it. Is this normal behavior?

Last edited by mrdrbdt; 11-24-2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: more info
Old 11-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Sage Icon

It compresses it if it DOES NOT find a .autocompress file.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Sage User

I'm still wrestling with this one. I just noticed today that one of the duplicates (which has already been converted at least once) is missing the autocomplete file. So, now I'm trying to figure out what could be deleting it (or whether it ever existed). The only addons I'm currently running are ComSkipMonitor, BMT, Jetty, and SMW. I double checked the CSM settings, and it is set to not cleanup the autocompress files. I can't seem to find anything in BMT that would cause deleting of autocompress.

I also noticed that the autocompress setting in sagemc seems to be global. What I mean is that if i enable it on the htpc, the extender also shows it as enabled, and vice versa. Is this normal? I have the same stv loaded on both the extender and the htpc.