SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Sage User

HD200-Blu Ray Menus-Current Status

I'm looking to add one (or two) more HD200 units around the house and was wondering if Blu Ray Menus are ever going to be implemented with the current hardware (or software). I've seen it mentioned in the past but nothing in the last month or two.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Probably, but it will take a while due to licensing issues I believe. There were a few other, long, discussions about this and Narflex even mentioned it in an interview with Brent over at GeekTonic. Cruise over to GeekTonic.com and look for the interview with Jeff (Narflex) from Sage.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the reply. To me at least, it seems this is the one option that a lot of the recent players are trying to deliver. If Sage could implement this I think it would put it ahead of the pack.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:00 AM
SageTVaholic

well, if menues are THAT important, there's always running a PC client. It's working great for me, and is actually fully WAF compatible. Seamless interaction between SageTV and Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 3 (along with Girder4 and AnyDVDHD)... gets me full BD support (BD-Live, Full HD Audio, menus, etc) direct from disc OR ripped on HDD.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-17-2009, 03:19 AM
Sage User

I would settle for just being able to pick a playlist.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
well, if menues are THAT important, there's always running a PC client. It's working great for me, and is actually fully WAF compatible. Seamless interaction between SageTV and Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 3 (along with Girder4 and AnyDVDHD)... gets me full BD support (BD-Live, Full HD Audio, menus, etc) direct from disc OR ripped on HDD.
Well it's too bad I can't have the HD200 use TMT3 (say running on my server) then I'd have pretty much everything I'd need.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkin_Logs View Post
Thanks for the reply. To me at least, it seems this is the one option that a lot of the recent players are trying to deliver. If Sage could implement this I think it would put it ahead of the pack.
You're saying there's "a lot" of players that support BD-J from a ripped Blu-ray? I'm only aware of Arcsoft TotalMedia Theater and maybe the PCH C200.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
You're saying there's "a lot" of players that support BD-J from a ripped Blu-ray? I'm only aware of Arcsoft TotalMedia Theater and maybe the PCH C200.
What I'm saying is if you look at some of the specs (I'll try and find the links next time over at AVS...Dune, PCH C200, and Xtreamer come to mind) of the new players heading toward the market they are "trying" to offer some kind of Blu Ray menu support. It would be a nice feature....just don't know if it could be done with the current HD200 hardware.

Last edited by Linkin_Logs; 11-23-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well it's too bad I can't have the HD200 use TMT3 (say running on my server) then I'd have pretty much everything I'd need.
It's the number one reason I DON'T have an HD200 yet...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just want to be able to pick the video streams. I can't watch the Watchmen because it picks the wrong video.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:11 AM
Sage Expert

Would also be great if they paid for a dts license per unit and could either pass through dts, or downcovert/transcode or some such dts to ac3 so you could watch through TV without a stereo. Lots of blu-rays have dts as primary audio stream, some don't even have a dolby stereo track. So, in order to play your blu-rays through sage at any TV, not just the ones that have stereos next to them, we need a solution to this.
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 12-01-2009, 07:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Crusher View Post
Would also be great if they paid for a dts license per unit and could either pass through dts...
It does pass DTS. It just can't decode it.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
What I'm saying is if you look at some of the specs (I'll try and find the links next time over at AVS...Dune, PCH C200, and Xtreamer come to mind) of the new players heading toward the market they are "trying" to offer some kind of Blu Ray menu support. It would be a nice feature....just don't know if it could be done with the current HD200 hardware.
and those players are all still pretty buggy..............we'd all be pretty annoyed
if sage sold us stuff that unreliable.............i trust sage will have a competitive
extender when the 864x f/w and sdk stabilize..................it just isn't baked yet...............whether or not the hd200 will ever do this or not, i really have no idea, but since i need hdmi1.3 anyway for hd audio, bd menus is only a partial solution on the hd200 and really is only 'necessary' but not 'sufficient'
Old 12-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Sage Expert

yep, sorry, new that. poorly worded message.

I meant

Would also be great if they paid for a dts license per unit and then extenders could either pass through dts (as they already do,) or then be able to downcovert/transcode or some such dts to ac3 or stereo so you could watch through TV without a local stereo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
It does pass DTS. It just can't decode it.
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)