SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Interest in iMovies for Default STV?

I have had a request to port iMovies for SageMC to the default menu. The port will take a fair amount of time so before jumping in I'd like to gauge how much interest there is.

Link to the SageMC version: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=317

Anybody interested in this?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

Yes, please! I'd be very interested!
Sage Server: Gigabyte 690AMD m-ATX, Athlon II X4 620 Propus, 3.0 GB ram, (1) VistaView dual analog PCI-e tuner, (2) Avermedia Purity 3D MCE 250's, (1) HD-Homerun, 1.5 TB of hard drives in a Windows Home Server drive pool, Western Digital 300GB 'scratch' disk outside the pool, Gigabit LAN
Sage Clients: MSI DIVA m-ATX, 5.1 channel 100w/channel amplifier card, 2 GB ram, , (1) Hauppauge MVP, (1) SageTV HD-100 Media Storage: unRAID 3.6TB server
Old 11-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Uuuuhhhh - would be great !
Old 11-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Sage Icon

Tom,

I ported the iMovies STVi to the default Sage back in March (Based on iMovies 1.0). I got permission to port it from jvl711, but I never posted it because there was still some work that I wanted to do on it. But, if you like I can post what I've got to get you a quicker start... I've been using it with the last couple of versions of Sage with no problems.

I added one feature that wasn't in the SageMC version - you can specify a filter when you call the menu using Dynamic Menus to either exclude a specific folder or include only the specified folder. If you specify a filter in the dynamic menu, it disables the filter menu in the iMovies screen so someone can't "un-filter" the screen. Here is the sample code for the dynamic menu XML file:

Quote:
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="iMovies" title="iMovies1">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PassedSelectedFolder", "E:\\My Hidden Videos\\")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PassedIncludeSelectedFolder", false)</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="iMovies" title="iMovies2">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PassedSelectedFolder", "E:\\My Hidden Videos\\")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PassedIncludeSelectedFolder", true)</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
<!-- -->
In this example, you will get two menu items: iMovies1 will hide all the videos from e:\My Hidden Videos, while iMovies2 will show only the videos in that folder. This mechanism would be useful if you wanted to separate adult movies from kids' movies, or home movies from DVD Rips.

The items that I planned to do but never got done were:
1) Add another variable that can be passed from the dynamic menus to choose whether or not the filter can be modified instead of just locking them down.
2) Add support for using the "Poster" type fan art if available rather than just the default thumbnails and folder.jpg images.
3) Add support for filtering out more than one directory.

Also, I think a newer version of iMovies for SageMC was released after I made my port, so I don't know if there are any useful features that I missed.

Anyway, if you are interested, let me know and I can email you the code or post it here.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR

Last edited by Tiki; 11-09-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Better yet, since you have a head start can you do it? I don't really have the "fire in the belly" for it right now.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry for my delayed response (I was on a business tripp) - would be great if you could post your code here !
Old 01-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Sage User

Interested in the imovie default stv
Old 01-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry, I didn't see the earlier post that anyone was interested in what I had...

Anyway, I resurrected this project this weekend and am very close to having something that I consider "good enough" for release. Since I'm close on the re-write, I decided not to release my "old" code.

Here's what I've done so far:
1. Made sure the old import works with the latest Sage release.
2. Updated to use phoenix APIs to search for "Poster" and "Background" fan art (will display poster if avaialable, otherwise background, otherwise default Sage thumbnail, otherwise generic DVD icon). "Default Sage Thumbnail" is folder.jpg if found, otherwise auto-generated thumbnail from first few seconds of file.
3. Then I grabbed the latest version of iMovies for SageMC (latest is 1.2, my import was based on 1.0) and went through it to see what had changed. Unfortunately because of the differences between SageMC and the default STV, it is a fairly labor-intensive manual process to go through all the changes.
4. Then I started re-working the code to make things work properly with default STV.

Almost there -just have a couple more broken links to fix, and a little more testing to do. Hopefully, I can post something tomorrow.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-11-2010, 02:52 AM
Sage User

Great
Old 01-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Almost there -just have a couple more broken links to fix, and a little more testing to do. Hopefully, I can post something tomorrow.
Awesome news, Tiki!

Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for putting in the work to get this up and runnin!

-PGPfan
Sage Server: Gigabyte 690AMD m-ATX, Athlon II X4 620 Propus, 3.0 GB ram, (1) VistaView dual analog PCI-e tuner, (2) Avermedia Purity 3D MCE 250's, (1) HD-Homerun, 1.5 TB of hard drives in a Windows Home Server drive pool, Western Digital 300GB 'scratch' disk outside the pool, Gigabit LAN
Sage Clients: MSI DIVA m-ATX, 5.1 channel 100w/channel amplifier card, 2 GB ram, , (1) Hauppauge MVP, (1) SageTV HD-100 Media Storage: unRAID 3.6TB server
Old 01-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Sage Icon

OK, it's up on the download page now. Here's a link to the support thread. There are links at the top of that thread for the download page and the notifications thread.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes. Post any future comments in that support thread.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR