SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Problem Accessing File System for Playback

I am building a new client. I've installed SageTV Client no problem, but when I try to play back any content, I get a "sage.PlaybackException: Error (-3,0x80040154): There was a problem accessing the filesystem for playback" error.

The video files are accessible and playable from the Arcsoft player.

Anyone have any ideas?

- Jeff
Old 09-30-2009, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Are you using UNC paths & perhaps the client doesn't have permission to fully access the path?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Nope, like I said, the client had full access.

I'm not sure what changed, but at some point (after countless reboots and re-installs of Sage), it started working. Very odd.

- Jeff
Old 03-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

I have this same problem. I ripped an entire DVD and did a refresh of imported data. Then I tried to watch the DVD on my client on my laptop and I am getting the error references above Problem Accessing File System for Playback. I can watch VOB files no problem with the client on my laptop. Is watching a DVD that was ripped a different process?

Thanks!

Neil
Old 03-24-2010, 04:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have this same problem.

Here is the story line.........

First I was living in Jacksonville, Fl with Comcast cable and Sage and everything was working perfectly.
Then moved to St. Agustine, Fl with with Comcast cable and now I have this all the time, Comskip and Sage constantly crashes.
When playing some shows they stutter so bad it is unwatchable.

This is what I changed after moving to St. Agustine, Fl
I am leasing the condo I am in and didn't want to run Cat5 in their walls so I purchased a Sabrent Wireless-N 802.11N PCI card and installed that into my Sage server HTPC which sits in the living room, and when I started getting stuttering I disabled the onboard NIC thinking Windows kept poling for a network connection signal and making the computer stutter, I had this in the old days of DOS and the mouse would lock up while the NIC card was trying to get a network connection, sorry off story there.

I honestly think it is related to the quality of the signal
I am using the same splitter as I was using in Jacksonville, Fl
I come out of the wall into a splitter 1 in and 4 out
1 leg - to Comcast DVR box for wife's premium content
1 leg - to HVR 2250 tuner
1 leg - to PVR 500 tuner

What I have done:
1.) Checked OS hard drive with manufactures utilites .. all good no problems
2.) Checked Sage recording hard drive with manufactures utilites .. all good no problems
3.) updated HVR 2250 tuner driver
03-15-2010 9:10 am - Changed from HVR2250 driver - 22xx_7.6.27.27223_whql_signed to driver - 100305_22xx_7.8.28.28064.prerelease
Because I was getting alot of error reading hard drive
and A&E TV WAS STUTTERING TERRIBLE, rescanned all tuners
03-21-2010 3:33 pm - restored zip backup dated 3-20-2010 2 am and then had to delete all tunners and reinstall all tunners and scan for new channels
because of BitDefender False.Trojan.5 fiasco

03-22-2010 3:33 pm - Uninstalled CompSkip to see if that solves the stuttering problems and it was stopping all the time since moving to St. Augustine.
Also unloaded the Comskip monitor plug-in in SageTV
Installed Perfect Disk and optimized drive C:
Also I have omitted the Sage recording drive from being defragged.

With all I have done Sage is still crashing.
Note I have switched the cable off the splitter from the HVR 2250 and the Comcast dvr and compairing the same HD channel on the Comcast dvr and the HVR 2250 the Comcast dvr looks alot better.
Looking at the Comcast dvr with either cable from my splitter it looks the same to me, I was thinking is was a signal strength issue but I don't see a visual difference, is the HVR 2250 and Comskip real sensitive to signal strength?

Scat

Server: Intel i7-930 CPU @ 2.8GHz , 300GB HD, 24GB DDR3, Win 10 64-bit, (2) 2TB HD for recording
Capture Devices: 2xHD Homerun Prime 3 (CableCard) = 6 Tuners (Spectrum, TV package: Select), 1xHauppauge WinTv 885 (4 tuners OTA), 1xHauppauge WinTv-7164 (2 tuners OTA), Schedules Direct EPG
NAS: Synology DS1618+ 26.2TB Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR)
Sage Add-ons: Comskip Plug-in
Eventghost 0.5.0-RC4, Java Version: 1.8.0_172 (32-bit), Harmony 880, USB-UIRT

Last edited by scat; 03-24-2010 at 04:24 AM. Reason: added hardware changes