SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Sage Icon

I don’t know how often the content is updated on Hulu, but would there be a way that this tool would download a list of all the shows like once a day or at timed interval and provide a snapshot that can be navigated really quickly?

The only slow part would be when one plays a file and it needs to be buffered, but that would be minimal.

I don’t know the complexities of puling this off, I thought I would just throw it out there.

Is something like this possible and or even plausible?
Old 09-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbelge View Post
what does this mean?
3. On the server, make a backup copy of SageTV3.xml!
4. Also on the server, copy that modified STV file, and overwrite SageTV3.xml with it.

and im confused - STV, SageTV MC, STVi etc....
what are the differences?
If you don't use the SageMC Custom Interface (see the sticky posts here for more info), then you can just ignore that part of the instructions. The SageMC custom interface doesn't include the SageTV Online Services menu, so it needs extra setup to get it working.

UI = User Interface
SageTV3.xml = SageTV default UI file
STV = SageTV UI file
SageTV MC = SageTV Media Center = SageTV
SageMC = SageTV MC Custom UI
STVi = SageTV import/plugin

If you are using the 3rd party SageMC Custom UI, the Online Services menu isn't included and reverts to the Online Services menu in the default SageTV UI, which is the SageTV3.xml file. In order for SageMC Custom UI to display the correct Online Services (the default UI with the upnp2podcast STVi installed), you need to switch to the default SageTV interface and import the upnp2podcast STVi. This will import the upnp2podcast stuff into the default UI so the PlayOn stuff works in the Online Services menu. After the STVi is imported, a new STV file is generated automatically by SageTV that is a combination of the original plus the added code from the STVi. So what you have to do then is find which .xml file is the one being used by SageTV after the import was imported, and then rename that .xml to SageTV3.xml. This is because the SageMC Custom UI takes the Online Services menu from the SageTV3.xml file, so that file must include the upnp2podcast STVi for it to work in the SageMC Custom UI. Then you can switch back to the SageMC interface. Then when you go to Online Services from within SageMC, you should get the Online Services with the required upnp2podcast STVi from the default interface.

Does that help? Or have I left you even more confused than before

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 09-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Does this recognize the playon .plugins?
Old 09-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
Does this recognize the playon .plugins?
Yes but you have to write your own links to them in the custom menus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ng00se30 View Post
I think it will work with the plugins just fine if you can edit the CustomOnlineVideoLinks to match the output of the PlayOn server! I'm still trying to figure that part out tho! Can anyone provide a little insight?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonen View Post
It shouldn't be too hard at all once you understand how to successfully add feeds and group them together. You will need the UPnP inspector listed on the first post to know how to format your feed.

I find the easiest thing to do is simply test out your new feed in a section that is already present in the CustomOnlineVideoLinks.properties file. Simply copy one of them and change it to the new feed. If it successfully shows up and you can play the video, then you know you got that part right. Next you can move on and create a new group in the CustomOnlineVideoUIText.properties file and then you can associate your new feed(s) with that group.

There are lot of examples within the files that you can use to learn about how it is put together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
Yes it does just fine, I have been playing with Spike TV. Its easy to add just like simonen explained, the UPnP inspector is the key to getting the right links though.

Last edited by Zippster; 09-30-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Sage Expert

EP - if you end up starting a dialogue with Sage folks, it would be great if that could give the "Online Services" area similar features that exist in the Video Library... namely... the ability to mark certain shows/movies as watched. This would be especially helpful when watching a show that has many episodes.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 09-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Sage User

I have installed this plugin but I'm having problems with getting the Custom Online services to display (i.e. the list looks the same before and after I install the plugin).

The only other plugin I have is the Comskip plugin. I have tried reverting to the default and only installing this plugin but in either case, the Online Services screen doesn't change.

I have the Playon server installed on a second machine and it appears to be working. My HD200 sees it and UPnP2Podcast.exe "PlayOn:Hulu:+2" debug has the correct output.

I'm not running SageTV as a service.

What am I missing?
Code:
SageTV System Configuration Details
Wednesday, September 30, 2009

System Status
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:37 PM

Software Version: SageTV V6.6.2.218
Java Version: 1.6.0_15
Global Alert Level: None
Current STV File: SageTV3_withimports_SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI.xml (Version 6.6.2.11 September 16, 2009)
Current STV Theme: Standard SDTV
Current STV file set version: 2009091601
Online Videos version: 2009081801
Online Videos updates are Enabled
Regards,

Brad

Last edited by b-morgan; 09-30-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Sage Icon

I don't have this installed yet, but I was wondering if someone could check the following...

Is there any way to get feeds from here:
http://www.channelfurfing.net ?

Or from here:
http://www.justin.tv/directory/sports ?

None of these are RSS feeds per se, but might act as such. I don't really know how it would work.

If not those listings, is it possible to use the direct link to a feed within these sites, such as:
http://channelsurfing.net/watch-nfl-network.html ?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

[QUOTE=skyeclad;383635]I picked up the UPnP inspector and have sniffed out the available feeds but I wasn't quite sure how to format one to work with the Online Videos Custom files. Using EP's files I tried this out.
QUOTE]

How do you get UPnP inspector to find the feeds? I installed it but cant figure out how to get it to work thanks.
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD
Old 09-30-2009, 05:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis View Post
Wayyyy too cool. Now my daughter doesn't have to kick me off my computer to watch her Hanna Montana episodes.
[QUOTE=chrisc983;383857]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
I picked up the UPnP inspector and have sniffed out the available feeds but I wasn't quite sure how to format one to work with the Online Videos Custom files. Using EP's files I tried this out.
QUOTE]

How do you get UPnP inspector to find the feeds? I installed it but cant figure out how to get it to work thanks.
Right click PlayON and select "explore media server" or something like that. That'll bring you to a folder browser that you can use to dig into the PlayOn directory tree.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

what version of playon are you guys using that has the sound working properly for netflix? I'm using the latest version 2.59.3559.49.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Yep, CBS doesn't have any full episodes posted yet this season. This PlayON just reflects what's available on CBS's and Hulu's websites, so if you're curious about if something should be there, just check the real websites to verify.

Yep, every shows $2-3. I haven't figured out much of a use for it yet, but maybe i'm missing something.
I have a use for it although haven't done so yet. Comcast On Demand movies cost $4-5. Netflix watch now doesn't really have current movies. Plus at $9.50 a month and not renting a lot to start with is costly. So to me, being able to watch current movies and a lower cost is great.

Also I think this plugin is AWESOME!!!! thanks for the work you've put into it.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
what version of playon are you guys using that has the sound working properly for netflix? I'm using the latest version 2.59.3559.49.
Nevermind. I went to try it again and it just started playing with sound. Weird but as long it stays working great. Now I just need to figure out how to add playon plug ins.

Also I noticed when trying to play House it was finding other movies besides the series House. Is there something that needs to be changed in the code so it finds the correct series.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
........Now I just need to figure out how to add playon plug ins.
The PlayonPlugins forum has a video tutorial on the subject. http://www.playonplugins.com/index.php/topic,207.0.html (nice and easy!)
Old 09-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Does the HD200 play everything on the Playon server without any adding of menu's links etc?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Does the HD200 play everything on the Playon server without any adding of menu's links etc?
In standalone mode, yes.

However, this is a plugin which would be used in extender mode, and in this mode, you need to have the links correctly set in the config files for the HD200 to be able to access playon content.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

I never followed any of the HD200 status or info, is there an issue with running it in standalone mode? Seems like it would be much easier vs messing with all the links. While this plugin is indeed great and works nice on my 100, I might consider getting a new 200 if it is simply plug and play that way you can just dump any new Playon plugins into the playon server and be up and running vs writing links and menus.

So I guess, why mess with all the links, just run it in standalone?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Sage Icon

it's excruciating slow to navigate the playon menus in standalone mode. (plus you don't have the same seamless access to your other Sage content)
Old 09-30-2009, 09:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes it does just fine, I have been playing with Spike TV. Its easy to add just like simonen explained, the UPnP inspector is the key to getting the right links though.

Not sure if EP needs or wants another place to start going further in depth with customizations or not but how do I get folders with tons of subfolders in it to work, ie..my kids wanted the MTV plugin, playon shows it fine but problem is each letter has tons of band folders in it.
Ziipster,

Did you install the spike tv plugin? I cannot not seem to get spiketv to show up... maybe you can post your settings for the customvideos?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Probably a dumb question, but what do you need to do to use Playon in the standalone mode for a 200?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Ziipster,

Did you install the spike tv plugin? I cannot not seem to get spiketv to show up... maybe you can post your settings for the customvideos?
I would too like to know how to do this. Maybe someone could post a tutorial.

Also how long does it usually take for playon to update the netflix instant que? or is their something I have to do to update it? I removed some titles and added some but it now shows up empty. If I browse the new arrivals videos due show up though and playback properly.
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon vod, hulu, internet video streaming, netflix, online content, online services, online videos, playon