SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 10:28 PM
SageTVaholic

That log is from a Comedy Central show which you said is working, try opening up "ABC->Scrubs" and then post the log.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry. ABC is fine.

CBS and Food Network don't.

Here is CBS -> Cold Case
Attached Files
File Type: txt UPnP2Podcast.txt (4.1 KB, 220 views)
Old 12-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Sage Icon

HGTV and security

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
Has anybody added anything from the HGTV plugin, or the MTV plugin for Playon?
Were you ever able to figure out how to add stuff from the HGTV plugin?

Also, does anyone know if there is any check of security for the plugins (confirmation that they're not doing something shady under the hood)? I didn't see anything in the playonplugins forums addressing this.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
I've noticed the List is downloading thing (had it happen last night, worked on some things, not on others), and just checked my system for UPnP2Podcast.exe's in memory, had 7, all with 0 CPU usage. Killed them all but haven't checked to see if I can see any videos yet (I'm at work, and won't have time to check 'till this evening).
I'm having exactly this problem now. Any fix?

[edit]I notice that trying to retrieve a "video list" fires two UPnP2Podcast.exe's, not one[/edit]

- Jeff

Last edited by jsonnabend; 12-03-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsonnabend View Post
I'm having exactly this problem now. Any fix?
AFAIK v1.6 should have resolved that problem. If you can figure out a way to consistently reproduce it I can try debugging it a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsonnabend View Post
I notice that trying to retrieve a "video list" fires two UPnP2Podcast.exe's, not one
That's actually how its supposed to work and its a by product of the tool I use to compile my perl scripts into executables.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-03-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

I thought I installed 1.6. How can I confirm my version?
Old 12-03-2009, 07:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Should be in the UPnP2Podcast.log file.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Here's what I get when I try to select videos CBS -> Cold Case

----------------------------

! ! ! ! !<----------------- Feed ------------------>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:itunes="http://www.itunes.com/dtds/podcast-1.0.dtd"
xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
<channel>
<title>Full Episodes</title>
<description>UPnP2Podcast v1.6 PlayOn:CBS:PrimeTime:Cold Case:Full Episodes:+2</description>
<language>en-us</language>
<itunes:summary>Full Episodes</itunes:summary>
<itunes:subtitle>Full Episodes</itunes:subtitle>
<item>
<title>No Videos Found</title>
<description>No videos found for UPnP search string (PlayOn:CBS:PrimeTime:Cold Case:Full Episodes:+2). Since online videos are constantly being added and removed this could mean that there are just no videos available at this time. (This message is from the UPnP2Podcast Plug-in)</description>
<pubDate>1981-09-15</pubDate>
<itunes:subtitle>No videos found for UPnP search string (PlayOn:CBS:PrimeTime:Cold Case:Full Episodes:+2). Since online videos are constantly being added and removed this could mean that there are just no videos available at this time. (This message is from the UPnP2Podcast Plug-in)</itunes:subtitle>
<itunes:duration>00:46:35</itunes:duration>
<enclosure url="http://127.0.0.1/fake.mpg" length="1668940000" type="video/mpeg2" />
<media:content duration="2795" medium="video" fileSize="1668940000" url="http://127.0.0.1/fake.mpg" type="video/mpeg2">
<media:title>No Videos Found</media:title>
<media:description>No videos found for UPnP search string (PlayOn:CBS:PrimeTime:Cold Case:Full Episodes:+2). Since online videos are constantly being added and removed this could mean that there are just no videos available at this time. (This message is from the UPnP2Podcast Plug-in)</media:description>
<media:thumbnail url="http://127.0.0.1/fake.jpg"/>
</media:content>
</item>
</channel>
</rss>
Old 12-03-2009, 08:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No videos found for UPnP search string (PlayOn:CBS:PrimeTime:Cold Case:Full Episodes:+2). Since online videos are constantly being added and removed this could mean that there are just no videos available at this time.
Sometimes its just that simple

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 12-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Sage Icon

Dates

I was able to work out the lines I need for the shows from the HGTV plugin but none of the videos seem to have a date. Is this a function of the plugin not providing them?
Old 12-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just installed this an I love it, great work. Any chance of adding the ability to stream from FanCast in the future?

Thanks,

Tony
Old 12-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Should be in the UPnP2Podcast.log file.
Ok, I updated the plugin and PlayOn server, and it's working again.

Still getting those green bars top and bottom on playback, though . . .
Old 12-07-2009, 12:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks EP for this great plugin... i tried it on my extender last week and it worked perfect, that same day i even decided to get the playon license

Now im testing it on my main rig, but im having an issue getting audio playback, Im not sure if its something related to a bug in sages codec, or how the files are feed to the sagetv client mplayer....

My setup is Windows Vista, SageTV 6.5 running as service, a SageTV client running on the server, and 1 HD200.

The SageTV Client is connected to a home theater via SPD/IF connection. Havent had issues playing all the other file formats on sage (mkv with AC3,DTS,DD, etc.), and on my extender it plays fine so its not a prob with playon. Youtube plays fine too on my SageTV Client.

Ive attached a copy of the sagetv log
Attached Files
File Type: txt logplayon.txt (10.2 KB, 207 views)

Last edited by Jabroni; 12-07-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:27 AM
SageTVaholic

EvilPenguin, sorry this doesnt have much to do directly with PlayOn. I am curious what you changed to get the thumbnail highlight from white to the color shown in your screenshots.

Thanks!
MKANET

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I believ the thumbnail text is hardcoded in the STV. You need to change it using Studio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I know this is kind of off topic, but could someone please be kind enough to tell me the exact procedure to change the standard STV thumbnails' text background from a ugly bright white transparent color (which is hard to read) to use a dark smoke colored overlay for the thumbnail text (like the pictures used in this thread shown below)? If it's a bitmapped image, maybe someone could PM it to me or post it here. If it's just a setting in a properties file, maybe someone could tell me what exact hex value to use to get the same gray color and respective alpha transparency.

Thanks,
MKANET

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Sometimes its just that simple
And sometimes it is not. When you go to CBS, you can find Medium, but on the CBS on Online services Medium doesn't even show up. How can I fix this. I can what this from my PC using Hulu, but I can not using Sage.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 12-07-2009, 02:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
EvilPenguin, sorry this doesnt have much to do directly with PlayOn. I am curious what you changed to get the thumbnail highlight from white to the color shown in your screenshots.

Thanks!
MKANET
I may just be the picture that it doesn't look as same. I've never touched any STV code for displaying things in the Online Services menu, just the .properties file.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 12-07-2009, 02:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusvball View Post
And sometimes it is not. When you go to CBS, you can find Medium, but on the CBS on Online services Medium doesn't even show up. How can I fix this. I can what this from my PC using Hulu, but I can not using Sage.
I wrote the CBS content list by hand and just forgotten to include Medium, so there's nothing you can do about that.

I've been meaning to write an automated script for dumping PlayOn's full list of CBS content into SageTV like I did with Hulu/Netflix, but I've just never gotten around to it. No ETA on that, but I may throw in just Medium some night this week if I have the time.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I wrote the CBS content list by hand and just forgotten to include Medium, so there's nothing you can do about that.

I've been meaning to write an automated script for dumping PlayOn's full list of CBS content into SageTV like I did with Hulu/Netflix, but I've just never gotten around to it. No ETA on that, but I may throw in just Medium some night this week if I have the time.

And then sometime it is. Thanks for the info. I will tell the wife she will just have to use the damn computer. Some day she will learn.... nevermind.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 12-07-2009, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks. Any chance you tell me what theme you were using for those screenshots? I think its just an image file too... probably from your theme. No worries if you dont remember the setup you had for those screenshots.

Quote:
I may just be the picture that it doesn't look as same. I've never touched any STV code for displaying things in the Online Services menu, just the .properties file.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusvball View Post
Add these .Properties files to the OnlineVideos folder. Medium will now show in CBS. I used this technique to include Star Trek in mine.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cbs.zip (717 Bytes, 229 views)
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon vod, hulu, internet video streaming, netflix, online content, online services, online videos, playon