SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Sage Icon

I finally got my HD100 to work probably. I updated to the latest version 1.2 of the plugin and deleted the client properties file for the HD100 and that got it working. Not sure which was the problem, but maybe combination of both.

Now I'm seriously considering subscribing to Netflix, are there still issues with Playon and netflix or in combination with this plugin? I know netflix has a two week trial, but just wanna ask anyhow.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Sage Fanatic

I've never had problems with the netflix side. It worked since I first installed it.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Sage Icon

Great work. I installed this over the weekend and was a little frustrated because it would show the files, but when trying to play any, I always got a "File not available on server". Loading the latest patch from Playon fixed it.

Though a little slow to navigate. This is very cool.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
Now I'm seriously considering subscribing to Netflix, are there still issues with Playon and netflix or in combination with this plugin? I know netflix has a two week trial, but just wanna ask anyhow.
I had some problems at first that I ultimately discovered was the result of an underpowered server. Apparently, an AMD Athlon x2 4200 and 3GB of ram are not enough to power the netflix stream (all other streams worked fine). Once I moved Playon to a 2.4Ghz Core2Duo with 4gb ram everything worked splendidly. Smooth video, good quality, no audio sync issues using the latest version of playon with this stvi.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Sage Icon

Is anyone else seeing everything come through 4:3 as source aspect ratio and not 16:9?

If I force to 16:9 it looks/works fine, but I prefer to have SageTV setup as source.

I did not see anything on the PlayOn server where I could set this.

dave
Old 10-13-2009, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
Is anyone else seeing everything come through 4:3 as source aspect ratio and not 16:9?

If I force to 16:9 it looks/works fine, but I prefer to have SageTV setup as source.

I did not see anything on the PlayOn server where I could set this.

dave
I don't have any trouble. I just watched USA->Psych and it showed up properly as 16:9, and Comedy Central->Daily Show showed up properly as 4:3.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
I finally got my HD100 to work probably. I updated to the latest version 1.2 of the plugin and deleted the client properties file for the HD100 and that got it working. Not sure which was the problem, but maybe combination of both.
That was a weird one, I wander what left over settings was causing the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
Though a little slow to navigate. This is very cool.
Which screens specifically are you seeing slow navigation? In the latest version I adjusted the size of the images I'm using and that seems to make things pretty snappy on both my client and HD200/100.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
I don't have any trouble. I just watched USA->Psych and it showed up properly as 16:9, and Comedy Central->Daily Show showed up properly as 4:3.
Aspect ratios are all fine for me expect when it comes to Netflix. I get pillarboxes on all four sides (for both 4:3 and 16:9 native shows and movies). Is this happening to everybody else, or do I have something misconfigured?
Old 10-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Odd, I just tried USA->Psych and it is played squished when the aspect ratio in sage is set to "source". Setting it to "16:9" or "fill" fixes it, but breaks true "4:3" material.

I only have this issue with PlayOn streaming media, other online material is fine as well as local media.

I'll try it on my client machine and see if I get the same issue.

I'm running the latest STV and version 1.2 of the UPNP plugin.

thanks,
dave
Old 10-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

I noticed this from day one of the pre-release where everything in HuLu was squished to 4:3 when Sage was set to use the source dimensions. I set it to "fill" and everything was fine after that. I did not have this problem with the extenders at all and they are set to "source".

I hesitate to think this is a problem resulting from the plugin and more with how sage renders the mpg file coming from playon.

Last edited by simonen; 10-13-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Which screens specifically are you seeing slow navigation? In the latest version I adjusted the size of the images I'm using and that seems to make things pretty snappy on both my client and HD200/100.
Seems loading the on line services page, actually any time a new page is loaded.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchase56 View Post
I can see the file being created, but it never grows in size. I've tried changing the location of the Temp directory to another drive on my system, but I still get the same results.

I'm starting to think that this might be a problem with Windows Vista 32-bit.

Has anyone been able to run this import with Windows Vista 32-bit?

I'm really not sure what else to try. I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Ken
I opened up port 1935 on my firewall and everything is working just fine!

Thanks for the great work on this EP!

Ken
Old 10-13-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonen View Post
I noticed this from day one of the pre-release where everything in HuLu was squished to 4:3 when Sage was set to use the source dimensions. I set it to "fill" and everything was fine after that. I did not have this problem with the extenders at all and they are set to "source".

I hesitate to think this is a problem resulting from the plugin and more with how sage renders the mpg file coming from playon.
This happens in Hulu and Netflix:

EVR: I get black bars on top and sides. When I switch from "source" to "fill" it stretches the image. I still have black bars on the top and bottom.

Overlay: I get black bars on top and sides. When I switch from "source" to "fill" the video fits the screen. There are no black bars.

I would just use overlay, but my CPU isn't powerful enough to watch Blu-ray quality without offloading to my videocard.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:14 PM
SageTVaholic

UPnP2Podcast v1.3

Release Notes:
  • As of Default STV version 2009101301 you no longer need to import an STVi. Sage added support for the way I generate the podcast feeds straight into the core. A *gigantic* thanks to Opus4 Please update your default STV's to the latest version as indicated by the instructions in the first post.
  • Moved my feeds into separate files so people can maintain their own feed files without mine overwriting them.
  • Fixed a few bugs in the Hulu feeds
  • Added a "Browse Netflix" item

VERY IMPORTANT: If you are upgrading from a previous version (v1.0, v1.1, v1.2) you need to delete the previous customOnlineFeed files (\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\OnlineVideos). From now on this plug-in's feeds will be in separate files and there will be conflicts if you still have the old ones.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 10-13-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Seems that the Hulu User Queue is not working properly on v1.3.? Other hulu links/nbc/etc work fine.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wado1971 View Post
Seems that the Hulu User Queue is not working properly on v1.3.? Other hulu links/nbc/etc work fine.
me too. (and it actually seems like the other Hulu default feeds (popular today, newly added, etc) aren't working either. All yield "no videos")

And awesome job to EP, and to Andy for getting this stvi integrated into Sage directly.

Last edited by matt91; 10-14-2009 at 05:39 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Sage User

v1.3 and SageMC

Are there any extra hoops SageMC users have to jump through with v1.3. (previous versions, SageMC users had a few extra steps to get this great plugin to work. Those steps have been removed from the "setup" post.)

BTW, this plugin doubled the usefulness of sageTV. Now, my only complaint is the interface into the online content. The existing interface is OK when the online content was a novelty, but now it is a major aspect of my SageTV experience. I would like better integration. (But, please take this complaint as a complement. I wouldn't be saying this if this plugin wasn't so awesome....)
Old 10-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Time line issue and 'My Queue'

First, need to say this is great mod. Thanks to those putting time and effort into it.

STV v6.6.2.18, 2009101301
Your V 1.3
Playon 2.59.3561.50

I followed instructions deleting previous customOnlineFeed files (\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\OnlineVideos).

I have 'my Hulu queue' showing on my server machine, not on HD200. Other files including today's favorites showing and playing on both.

Timeline in both server and HD200 not working correctly and voice is sometimes going out of sync. This doesn't happen on regular TV recordings.

A 30 minute show seems to stop around 20 minutes and lock.

Time line not moving across correctly, stays at beginning of green bar. Is this in part due to it streaming and that we can't use FFwd Rew? Why is the green bar filling right across?

Sometimes on starting a hulu show I have to hit play to start it.

Once again thanks for this mod.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am just starting to look into this.. I am interested in adding HULU and then maybe Netflix..

My concern is my server, I just got done setting up my Athlon 64 X2 3800+ with 2 Gig ram and WHS. After reading a few posts I am concerned it will not be enough CPU power to run PlayOn and Sage. now I have 3 HD100s and that is all I use for viewing so I thought I read where one setting can be changed so all transcoding is done at the extender. If so will that help me?

thanks for any added info
Client 2: HD100 on 50" Panasonic Plasma (16x9)
Client 3: HD100 on 32" Toshiba Tube (4x3)
Old 10-14-2009, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wado1971 View Post
Yep, you're right. I forgot to update those feeds to the new format. Its a super easy fix, just open up the Hulu links file, find these links, and overwrite them with whats below. You could also just re-download, I snuck in a v1.3a release with the fix

Code:
# Hulu
xFeedPodcastCustom/aaHuluUserQueue=xPodcastBrowseHulu;external,UPnP2Podcast,PlayOn:Hulu:User Queue:By Name:+2
xFeedPodcastCustom/zaHuluRecentEpisodes=xPodcastBrowseHulu;external,UPnP2Podcast,PlayOn:Hulu:Recently Added Episodes:+2
xFeedPodcastCustom/zbHuluRecentMovies=xPodcastBrowseHulu;external,UPnP2Podcast,PlayOn:Hulu:Recently Added Feature Films:+2
xFeedPodcastCustom/zcHuluPopularToday=xPodcastBrowseHulu;external,UPnP2Podcast,PlayOn:Hulu:Popular Videos Today:+2
xFeedPodcastCustom/zdHuluPopularThisWeek=xPodcastBrowseHulu;external,UPnP2Podcast,PlayOn:Hulu:Popular Videos This Week:+2
xFeedPodcastCustom/zeHuluPopularThisMonth=xPodcastBrowseHulu;external,UPnP2Podcast,PlayOn:Hulu:Popular Videos This Month:+2
xFeedPodcastCustom/zfHuluPopularAllTime=xPodcastBrowseHulu;external,UPnP2Podcast,PlayOn:Hulu:Popular Videos All Time:+2
If for some reason the queue was working for you then you have some STV issues. Make sure that all of your systems...

a) Have the Default STV up to date.
b) Don't import the old import file
c) Actually have the updated default STV loaded.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 10-14-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon vod, hulu, internet video streaming, netflix, online content, online services, online videos, playon