SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is it possible to record a show into SageRecordings? I would envision this coming into play with the Live PlayOn plugin-but i guess even archived shows on Hulu, CBS ...
Old 10-01-2009, 03:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Nope, these shows are strictly for streaming.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Is it a technical issue or a violation of the Terms of Use? I didn't think of copying them but doesn't Sage let you record downloaded streams?
Old 10-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
My opinion is to leave this topic alone. We don't want to ruin a good thing. I for one thing enjoy having access to the hulu content and wouldn't want the networks to pull out, because people found a way to archive the content. Just my opinion.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Is it a technical issue or a violation of the Terms of Use? I didn't think of copying them but doesn't Sage let you record downloaded streams?
I'd also prefer not to discuss that topic. Any content that you'd be allowed to archive already has easier ways of doing it.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
My wife wants me to add a channel for HGTV. I’ve been messing around in the properties and can’t seem to get it worked out. My problem is knowing how PlayOn or Hulu or both interpret the titles of shows.

I’ve been trying to look at the syntax and model my custom feed after some others in the properties file. Where I’m kind of stuck is knowing how to title it… For example, (unrelated) on comedy central there’s “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” that’s how the title shows up in Hulu. The feed listed in properties displays DailyShow.

Is this a matter of trial and error or is there an easy way to determine how to enter the title as it is needed?
I am trying with a number of plugins. I also have a PS3 so I know that the plugins are working and I thought that I had the correct syntax. In any case this is what I entered into my "links" file and "text" file respectively

#FoodNetwork
xFeedPodcastCustom/FNDishwithBruce=xPodcastFNShows;"PlayOn:FoodNetwork:FN Dish with Bruce:+1"

Source/xPodcastFNShows/LongName=FoodNetwork
Source/xPodcastFNShows/ShortName=FoodNetwork

For what it is worth the FoodNetwork did not even show up as a category under online content. I also tried this with a +2 with no effect. Happy to get any help I can

Edit:

Possibly this fellow could help us out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Hey gang. I think I've gotten the handle of editing the custom online video files to show new plugin feeds. I tested the Food Network feeds and I managed to add three shows. I may complete the rest and if I do I will share to save someone else time. Its not that they are hard to write its just tedious, hats off to you EP for all your work!

Just wanted to suggest that we all share our custom feeds if we install plugins to save each other some time. I wanted to explore the PBS plugin to see if it was worth it compared to the Online Videos that Sage already provides but I couldn't sniff any feeds once I installed the plugin. Maybe it isn't compatible with the current version of PlayOn.

Last edited by ldavis; 10-01-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis View Post
I am trying with a number of plugins. I also have a PS3 so I know that the plugins are working and I thought that I had the correct syntax. In any case this is what I entered into my "links" file and "text" file respectively

#FoodNetwork
xFeedPodcastCustom/FNDishwithBruce=xPodcastFNShows;"PlayOn:FoodNetwork:FN Dish with Bruce:+1"

For what it is worth the FoodNetwork did not even show up as a category under online content. I also tried this with a +2 with no effect. Happy to get any help I can
You have to add an Item to the CustomSources in the CustomOnlineVideoLinks for it to show up on the online menus. I believe in your case you have to add this xPodcastFNShows
Old 10-01-2009, 05:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
You have to add an Item to the CustomSources in the CustomOnlineVideoLinks for it to show up on the online menus. I believe in your case you have to add this xPodcastFNShows
Also, you need that to be +2, not +1.

I wish I could be more help with these plug-in's but i'm still wrestling with the built in content. On the plus side, I've got a few scripts written that should really make bulk adding feeds much easier for me.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis View Post

#FoodNetwork

Edit:

Possibly this fellow could help us out:
Here's what worked for me:

CustomeOnlineVideoLinks file:
Code:
CustomSources=xPodcastAmazonVOD,xPodcastESPN,xPodcastCNN,xPodcastMovies,xPodcastNBCTVShows,xPodcastABCTVShows,xPodcastFoxTVShows,xPodcastUSATVShows,xPodcastComCenTVShows,xPodcastAnimeTVShows,xPodcastCBSTVShows,xPodcastHulu,xPodcastFoodNetwork

#Food Network

xFeedPodcastCustom/CookingforReal=xPodcastFoodNetwork;Playon:FoodNetwork:^Cooking for Real$:+2
xFeedPodcastCustom/EverydayItalian=xPodcastFoodNetwork;Playon:FoodNetwork:^Everyday Italian$:+2
xFeedPodcastCustom/Diners=xPodcastFoodNetwork;Playon:FoodNetwork:^Diners, Drives-ins and Dives$:+2
Custome OnlineVideoUIText File:
Code:
xPodcastESPN,xPodcastCNN,xPodcastMovies,xPodcastNBCTVShows,xPodcastABCTVShows,xPodcastFoxTVShows,xPodcastUSATVShows,xPodcastComCenTVShows,xPodcastAnimeTVShows,xPodcastCBSTVShows,xPodcastFoodNetwork

Source/xPodcastFoodNetwork/LongName=Food Network
Source/xPodcastFoodNetwork/ShortName=Food Network

# Food Network

Category/EverydayItalian/LongName=Everyday Italian
Category/EverydayItalian/ShortName=Everyday Italian

Category/CookingforReal/LongName=Cooking for Real
Category/CookingforReal/ShortName=Cooking for Real

Category/Diners/LongName=Diners, Drives-ins and Dives
Category/Diners/ShortName=Diners, Drives-ins and Dives
Hope this helps.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'd also prefer not to discuss that topic. Any content that you'd be allowed to archive already has easier ways of doing it.
So if you told us you'd have to kill us?

No problem, EP you've thrown a great party here so we'll be good. Might have to change your nickname to GoodPenguin though.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks guys,

I had tried the +2 but it was the CustomSources that got me. To be clear for those who follow - That parameter is in both of the files
Old 10-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Unfortunately for Sage, the mainstream users are either not able or not going to want to be learning how to mod and add links for shows they want to watch so making sage work out of the box more easily with Playon should be high on their list as this thread alone is evidence for the demand.

I've been on the fence for upgrading my 100 to a 200 but at this point doesnt make alot of sense for the small difference in what I get.

EP did you define what exactly your parameters of +2 $ etc do in this post so people trying to make their own links can tweak them some more? I didnt see it if so but this thread is getting pretty long.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Everyone,

I started a new thread for discussions of customizing the feed files...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44517

-EP
Old 10-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
This plugin is really god sent. It is right up there with neilm's web server in term of bad@ssness. The HD200 works great with it.

But I got a few problems:

I haven't been able to get the HD100 to work with this plugin. Not sure why, I imported the STVI and it says that it is loaded, but no nothing shows up in the Hulu list, or any other lists (CBS, ABC, FOX, NBC, etc). How do I trouble shoot this?

How do I refresh a list once it is already loaded? Lets say I loaded the Hulu user queue list, then I go to a web browser and added a few new shows to the list, then back to SageTV, how to I update the list so that the newly added shows are listed? Do I power cycle the HD200 off and on?

What about Hulu subscriptions? Is there a way to process these into RSS also?
Did you load the STV on the HD-100? It does work because I have it running on my HD-100.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 10-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Hey, so as long as you extract the files into the right place, you should see the new Online Services menu items (NBC, CBS, etc.) (just not the videos), even if you haven't loaded the STVi yet..

Check to make sure that these two files exist in this location...
  • If the files aren't there then you didn't extract the zip file correctly. Download/install 7zip, right click the zip file and select "extract to...", and for the path enter "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\"
  • If the files are there, you need to make sure that you are running at least SageTV v6.6 with the most recent version of the default STV.
Thanks for responding. The Custom* files were in the correct location. I am running SageTV 6.6.2.218 with the STV file 2009091601.

Just for a sanity check, I extracted the Custom* files from the stickied "How to add Custom Online Video feed definitions" and that worked. I'll go back to the Custom* files from this plugin after tonight's recordings are done!

I think I've narrowed down where the problem is and I'll report back if I'm still having problems in a couple of hours.

Regards,

Brad
Old 10-01-2009, 11:29 PM
Sage User

Well I guess I wasn't completely correct in my original post. The first screenshot shows the Online Services without the Custom* files from this plugin. The second screenshot shows Online Services with the Custom* files.

I was expecting the second screenshot to look like the third screenshot (from page 1 of this thread) and it doesn't. ABC, CBS, NBC, Hulu, etc. are missing. Even Back to the Main Menu is missing.

Is there a limit to the number of "buttons" that appear on this screen? I would have expected scroll bars to appear. I guess I'm still confused as to why my second screenshot isn't a lot closer to the one on page 1. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Brad

Original.jpg

Custom.jpg

Attachment 9098
Old 10-01-2009, 11:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Try scrolling down a bit
Old 10-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Sage User

I knew it was something stupid. I guess a picture is worth a thousand words!

Thanks,

Brad
Old 10-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Confused?

OK I have been using sage for years now. I use SageMC and for the life of me I do not understand the directions for setting this up. What is meant by rename your custom sage file name to sagetv3. If you rename anything in place of the original sagetv3 you loose a lot of menu's. Setting would no longer work for example if you replace the original sagetv3 file. Am I missing something? I just don't get it I guess?
Old 10-02-2009, 05:44 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not really sure how to explain it much better.

Normally,
Quote:
SageTV3.xml = the most recent version of the default STV
To run this plug-in via SageMC you need
Quote:
SageTV3.xml = the most recent version of the default STV + this import
The way to do that is to load SageTV3.xml, import this plug-in, and then save that STV as SageTV3.xml.
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon vod, hulu, internet video streaming, netflix, online content, online services, online videos, playon