SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:44 AM
Sage Icon

IMDB Stopped working?

Is anyone else seeing IMDB not working? In 6.6.2.212 IMDB is no longer working as well as Yuotube and Google video, Google and YouTube say wrong file type and IMDB gives plugin error.

When I first upgraded to 6.6.2 things mostly worked for about a week, I say mostly as some videos and moveis would not work. And Some IMDB lookups would also not work, but most would.

I don't see alot of recent posts on this so I am thinging it's only me? I am running Sage as a service with HD100's as clients and SageMC 6.8.

Thanks,
Skybolt
Old 09-10-2009, 09:09 AM
SageTVaholic

IMDB is working for me with the latest sageTV/SageMC. However, it sounds like youre talking about two different things. Youtube and Google video playback (not related to IMDB lookups) have a bug where they will give unknown file type (and similar error messages) on extenders. I already reported this to sageTV support; however, at the time, sageTV support sounded like I was the only person with this problem. So, it may be a good idea to let them know its happening to you too.

As far as IMDB goes, I'm not sure what to tell you other than apply the latest sageMC full update to your setup (of course, backing up everything before doing that) and see what happens when you start it back up again.

Good luck..

-Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybolt View Post
Is anyone else seeing IMDB not working? In 6.6.2.212 IMDB is no longer working as well as Yuotube and Google video, Google and YouTube say wrong file type and IMDB gives plugin error.

When I first upgraded to 6.6.2 things mostly worked for about a week, I say mostly as some videos and moveis would not work. And Some IMDB lookups would also not work, but most would.

I don't see alot of recent posts on this so I am thinging it's only me? I am running Sage as a service with HD100's as clients and SageMC 6.8.

Thanks,
Skybolt

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
...it sounds like youre talking about two different things. ...
Yeah, I lumped two differant issues into one post, sorry. I realize IMDB and youtube/google video are differant - I should have post twice. It's just that they stopped working at the same time.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I shuld post a bug report.

-Skybolt
Old 09-11-2009, 04:48 AM
Sage Icon

Upgrading to the latest SageMC cured all my ailments. Thanks, everything is working fine now, including the YouTbubr and Googlr video issues.

I find that strange. I thought SageMC was merly a skin, areal nice one, but a skin. I did not realize that it took over functionality as well. I thought the core functionality of SageTv was maintained by Sage it self. Apparently not. Just when I though it safe to go outside, bame, another tree falls and knocks me out.