SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Questions about Comskip Plugin

After finally getting my Sage installation straightened out and the media server working properly, I decided to start adding features.

This is on my Sage server with TV Shows on a local directory, most everything else is on a file server (dvds, avi, music, etc)

My only slight issue before was in watching and then deleting several recorded shows (ie: watch, delete, watch, delete, etc) Sage would crash every so often upon trying to delete. Restart it and the show would show watched and delete ok.

1) I then installed Comskip using ComskipMonitor. Comskip works fine and is quite accurate. However, it seem almost every time I hit "delete now" when I finish watching a show, Sage will crash. If I do not delete immediately when the playback finishes I can delete from the list w/o a crash. Anyone experience this?

2) I only installed Comskip on the server so far. Do plugins have to be installed on the clients also? I would assume just the plugin and not Comskip monitor since only the server records.

3) Does Comskip monitor delete the Comskip files auto. like DirMon does, or do you have to "delete Comskip files" before you "delete this recording"?
Old 08-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

If you are using a PC client or the HD100/200 then you also need to load the stvi plugin file but not the monitor. Comskip monitor will delete the log, txt, edl files when no corressponfing mpg file is found. I just set this up a few days ago myself.

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime