SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:52 AM
Sage User

Hauppauge 2250 Clear QAM Channels

bkavanaugh,

Tuning clear QAM channels with my 2250 did not work reliably until I updated the 2250 driver in addition to using the latest updates to SageTV. It has been working well now for a couple of months. I am currently using version 27223 of the 2250 driver.

Timmy
Old 10-26-2009, 05:13 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDaddy View Post
bkavanaugh,

Tuning clear QAM channels with my 2250 did not work reliably until I updated the 2250 driver in addition to using the latest updates to SageTV. It has been working well now for a couple of months. I am currently using version 27223 of the 2250 driver.

Timmy
ditto
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 10-26-2009, 05:20 AM
Sage User

Quote:
bkavanaugh,

Timmy
I will double-check when I get home this evening, but I'm pretty sure I installed the latest drivers available.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
bkavanaugh,

Timmy
That is the driver version I currently have installed as well.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:45 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm using TSSplitter v3.0.0.36 on a Windows 7 x64 machine with the Microsoft Mpeg2 and H.264 decoders. This patch made the H.264 decoder work, but introduced one major problem. Whenever I try to play back a file my computer freezes for a few seconds. My mouse cursor won't even move. Then, the computer recovers and playback begins. This happens for mpeg2 and H.264 recordings, and it didn't happen before using this patch.

I've included logs. I didn't create a native.log file, maybe because I was doing this on an existing recording, not a new one. I was also running it on just a client, so that's why I only included the sagetvclient_0.txt log.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV-log.zip (17.6 KB, 328 views)
Old 10-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie14 View Post
I'm using TSSplitter v3.0.0.36 on a Windows 7 x64 machine with the Microsoft Mpeg2 and H.264 decoders. This patch made the H.264 decoder work, but introduced one major problem. Whenever I try to play back a file my computer freezes for a few seconds. My mouse cursor won't even move. Then, the computer recovers and playback begins. This happens for mpeg2 and H.264 recordings, and it didn't happen before using this patch.

I've included logs. I didn't create a native.log file, maybe because I was doing this on an existing recording, not a new one. I was also running it on just a client, so that's why I only included the sagetvclient_0.txt log.
I have a same/similar problem on win7 x64...except it also does the same thing during recordings (every few seconds freezes). I'll run debug and post logs.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker View Post
I have a same/similar problem on win7 x64...except it also does the same thing during recordings (every few seconds freezes). I'll run debug and post logs.
I didn't let it run very long. I probably let it run maybe 10 seconds at most before I stopped playback. I'll try longer tests when I go home.

Out of curiosity, are you running this patch on a server, a client, or both? I'm just running it on my client. I didn't apply it to my server, which is a WinXP x32 box.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm using Windows 7 x64, and its h.264 decoder, with version 7 of this beta and I haven't had the freeze problems described here.

If it was just down to me I'd try the latest version out of curiosity, but I have the waf to consider, so I'm staying with my very stable home setup for now
Old 10-27-2009, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, it seems to be working fine. Maybe I just needed to restart my computer to get it to work correctly. The strange is, I don't think I ever did...

What I did do was immediately switch to the ffdshow decoder, then back to the Microsoft decoder. I have no idea if just switching away from the MS decoder and back to it could fix anything... It doesn't seem like it would.

I'll report back if I have any problems again.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Well, I think my problem was that I didn't run the "ts splitter.bat" file with enhanced privileges, and it never completed successfully for the newest file.

I had to enter "cmd" in the run box on Win 7, then hit ctrl, shift, enter to run the cmd box with elevated privileges. This seems to have fixed the pausing issue...
Old 10-28-2009, 09:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well, I think my problem was that I didn't run the "ts splitter.bat" file with enhanced privileges, and it never completed successfully for the newest file.

I had to enter "cmd" in the run box on Win 7, then hit ctrl, shift, enter to run the cmd box with elevated privileges. This seems to have fixed the pausing issue...
Another, possibly simpler option, is to type in cmd from the search bar, and when it shows you the cmd.exe in the results list, right click on it and choose 'run as administrator'.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Sage User

Hey guys,

New to SageTV and trying it out. Well anyway, I have a couple of questions about this patch.

1. Can't find the config file "SageTV.properties". I see a "SageTV.properties.default". I did a file search and nadda came up. Where would it be located on a default win7-64 setup?

2. Do you need to install the patch in order (RecordingNative01.zip then *02.zip...etc.) or just the latest?

3. This patch is pertinent to a HD-PVR setup, correct?

Thanks guys.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

1) C:\Users\(Login name)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SageTV (Edit folders in control panel to show hidden folders)
2) No, only the lastest patch
3) Yes, allows Microsoft's h.264 decoder to be used in Sage.

Last edited by jerryt; 10-28-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:20 PM
SageTVaholic

also, it's sage.properties, not sagetv.properties

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the help.

The patch did improve HD playback a lot. However, it still shudders and jumps. I had only the latest CoreAVC codex before and it was horrible.

I have a Client running on a Zotac IONITX-A-b (single core). It runs perfectly when streaming from my server to WMP, tested with a 1080p MKV movie and with a recording the SageTV server did. But not in the client however.

So my question now is does the Zotac have enough CPU power to run a SageTV client?

If yes. Ill have to start a thread instead of hijacking this one.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:21 PM
SageTVaholic

A single core Atom CPU is pretty much the slowest thing available, that said, the nvidia graphics on that ION platform should still allow it to perform fine as a client, with the right codecs. CoreAVC DOES support some level of hardware accelleration on nvidia GPUs (just recently), but I'm not sure it's the best option for you. I would try either Cyberlink's codecs (google HD Pack), or the Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder (part of Windows 7). Either would probably have better hardware support than core.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Update 10

http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/R...ngNative10.zip

-------- Update-10 --------
TSSplitter3.0.ax Version 3.0.0.40
DShowCapture.dll Version 3.0.0.20

Change log of 10/29/2009
1. Fix a crash bug on bad stream data
2. Fix missing QAM channels on scan
3. Fix Missing naked DVB-S channel on scan
4. Fix "no signal" problem on a stream has on more than 20 channls.
5. Fix missing very slow bit rate channel (DVB-S) on scan
6. Fix broken code on ITV HD channel or the same channel that H.264 stream is carried on a private stream.

The zip includes all patch file you need to upgrade in your server, the client end just needs MpegDeMux.ax DshowPlayer.dll.

Qian
Old 10-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Sage User

With Native Recording Patch and Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder / EVR renderer, I too am having playback issues in Sage. The video stutters every 10 or so seconds (audio remains smooth and unaffected).
With WMP12, the same files play back perfectly smooth (Hauppauge HDPVR @ 720p).

Has anyone else who has experienced the stuttering with the Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder been able to resolve the issue?

For now I can get by using the Arcsoft Video Decoder, which has acceptable video playback. But I'd love to be able to use the Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder, which "seems" to produce a better picture aside from the intermittent stuttering.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Sage Icon

I did some testing tonight and am seeing the same issue. Weird thing is that it's flawless w/ the ArcSoft/Cyberlink/MS decoders if I build the graph in GraphStudio, but it's jerky in Sage.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Arcsoft just release a new codec, is better then microsoft and also latest cyberlink, this version of codec: 2.27.278.98 ( sept 2009 version).