SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyJer View Post
Hi razrsharpe. I'm loving TVExplorer. Thanks again.
After looking at some of the screenshots in preperation for V4, I'm hoping much of what you create (like most of the addin already) will be configurable.

I come from the school of design that says "just because you can doesn't mean you should" and "less is more".
this is usually my school of design as well "simplest, cleanest way to get the job done"

In the end i will probably have two separate views... one geared toward banners similar to the screenshot i posted earlier... and one "simple" interface more along the lines you posted.

that being said most (if not all) things will be configurable to customize it to your hearts content

Quote:
1) The ability to set the height of the show list and episode list independently.
yup i'm changing this... i realize that the whole same or double row height doesn't really work that well....
Quote:
2) The ability to manipulate the episode list with the same granularity currently given to the group list. (row height/font size/font count/etc.)
font count is configurable.. i assume you are referring to the "Title Length" option... under Episode and Group.. the other two yes they will be independently configurable in the next release

Quote:
Thanks man. This plugin is awesome!
your welcome and thanks
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Hi Razr et al.,
First of all, I wanted to say that after using this plugin for a little while, I don't know how I ever did without it. I appreciate and would perhaps use some of the suggestions for enhancements mentioned here, but if nothing changed, I would also be perfectly content with TVExplorer as is.
glad you like it... and like i just posted most/all of the UI will be configurable so you will be able to configure it however you want it.

Regarding screwy fanart display: is this by chance a client using mouse navigation? TVE is very mouse unfriendly and can screw up navigation and fanart display, etc... Keyboard/Remote navigation works fine

can you post some of the .properties files from the episodes that are not showing up properly?

Also i dont know what the "Fanart Title" is. Maybe someone can tell me what that correlates to in the .properties file.

But my guess is that is what is causing the issue... However, i dont know why the default SageMC TV interface would display it correctly and TVE incorrectly. They both use the same methods to display the background.

Quote:
Aside from what I've mentioned above, I've also deleted all the .properties files in my Recording directories but that appears to have no effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
So what your saying is, you delete the properties files, but BMT recreates them with the incorrect information?
I think when he says that it has no effect is that the metadata from within sage doesn't change after deleting the .properties files. This is expected behavior because simply deleting the .properties files doesn't revert the metadata. That is the BIGGEST issue i see with the BMT TV support ... there is no undo function. If rerunning BMT (after deleting the .properties files) will not update with the correct info you will have to manually update the metadata.. The easiest way i have found to manually update the metadata is with the webserver.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Sage Icon

Do these replies mean you're back from vacation/family?
Old 08-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the reply Evilpenguin & Razrsharpe

Evil-Yes, Razr is correct, that is what I meant, I just didn't express it as clearly

Razr-I've attached a .properties file to one of the episodes belonging to a show displaying incorrect fanart. Each show with incorrect fanart has several episodes, so I'm not sure if it matters which .properties file may help most. I looked through all of them, and they all pretty much look like the one I've attached here. Please let me know if you need any more.

As far as manually updating the metadata, can I do that from the web UI? I'm assuming you mean from the screen depicted in the third screencap I included. I've tried changing the data from there, but don't see a way to save it. I've been reading through the BMT thread, I suspect the answer for how to do that is there somewhere.

Again, thank you both for your help,

Cheers.
Attached Files
File Type: txt TheColbertReport-4157923-0.mpg.properties.txt (1.8 KB, 145 views)
Old 08-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Sage Icon

yup
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Razr-I've attached a .properties file to one of the episodes belonging to a show displaying incorrect fanart. Each show with incorrect fanart has several episodes, so I'm not sure if it matters which .properties file may help most. I looked through all of them, and they all pretty much look like the one I've attached here. Please let me know if you need any more.
Nothing looks amiss in that .properties file. For videos that are not imported into the sage recording db the MediaTitle needs to be correct and the MediaType = TV in the .properties file. For videos in the recording db the Title needs to be correct.

Quote:
As far as manually updating the metadata, can I do that from the web UI? I'm assuming you mean from the screen depicted in the third screencap I included. I've tried changing the data from there, but don't see a way to save it. I've been reading through the BMT thread, I suspect the answer for how to do that is there somewhere.
Updating the metadata from the BMT webui is currently not supported (sean has said he is adding this soon). I was referring to nielms webserver. You can manually update the metadata from there.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Sage Icon

Any chance you'll have some time to look at the errors I posted earlier? I'm not trying to rush you. I just wanted to make sure you didn't forget.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Updating the metadata from the BMT webui is currently not supported (sean has said he is adding this soon). I was referring to nielms webserver. You can manually update the metadata from there.
OK, that explains why I couldn't figure out how to save my changes. I'll see what I can do from neilm's webserver.

Thanks
Old 08-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Any chance you'll have some time to look at the errors I posted earlier? I'm not trying to rush you. I just wanted to make sure you didn't forget.
thanks for reminding me .

import the attached xml into an existing Sagemc xml with TVE installed. This will add some debugging info around the banner display. I'm at a loss for why its throwing exceptions though... i just deleted all my banners to confirm that it would recreate them ok (and not throw nulls). What version of the phoenix api are you running (TVE Options -> TVE Info)?
Attached Files
File Type: zip TVExplorer_1_00_BannerLogging1.zip (2.4 KB, 136 views)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Sage Icon

The Phoenix version is 1.36. I'll install this and report to you tomorrow afternoon.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Sage Icon

Here's the log file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (239.4 KB, 187 views)
Old 08-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Sage Icon

couple questions.

• Is this a server/client/hd200?
  • Do any banners show up?
  • Are there banners and/or posters in the image cache directory. By Default: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\cache\imagefactory\TVExplorerBanners and ..\TVExplorerPosters.
  • Does the account running SageTV have permission to write to the image cache directory?
Also the new debugging calls arent in the log, maybe something got messed up in the import... Import the attached xml into a blank SageMC (without TVE installed) and send me the logs again. (This is the full TVE xml with the debugging calls already in it).
Attached Files
File Type: zip TVExplorer_1_00_BannerLoggingFull.zip (32.5 KB, 130 views)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Sage Icon

Answers to the questions first:

* Server (as a service)/HD200 environment
* Banners do show up.
* Both the banners and posters folders have contents.
* The account running the service is the built-in administrator on the server so it certainly should have permissions.

I'll have a log in about half an hour.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Sage Icon

Here's the revised log.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (259.2 KB, 176 views)
Old 08-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Sage Icon

Looking through the log i see it grabbing some cached banners (smallville, monk, eureka, etc). All the exceptions seem to be for one banner: Phineas and Ferb. Here's a snippit from the log:

Code:
Sat 8/8 15:00:57.947 [EventRouter-001d6a4c00a1@1f9eaae] Displaying Banner for GroupAiring 'Phineas and Ferb'
Sat 8/8 15:00:57.947 [EventRouter-001d6a4c00a1@1f9eaae] GetFanartBanner, GroupAiringBanner = 'C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\Phoenix\Fanart\TV\Phineas and Ferb\Banners\81848-g.jpg'
Sat 8/8 15:00:57.947 [EventRouter-001d6a4c00a1@1f9eaae] Banner exists, will display
Sat 8/8 15:00:57.948 [EventRouter-001d6a4c00a1@1f9eaae] Banner does not exist in cache, Creating Image
Sat 8/8 15:00:57.948 [EventRouter-001d6a4c00a1@1f9eaae] Creating Image
Sat 8/8 15:00:57.958 [EventRouter-001d6a4c00a1@1f9eaae] EXCEPTION in getValueAsObject:sage.a.e: Error in method reflection of phoenix_api_CreateImage of java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException for:phoenix_api_CreateImage( "TVExplorerBanners", GroupAiringBanner, "name:rounded,arcSize:40}", false)
Sat 8/8 15:00:57.963 [EventRouter-001d6a4c00a1@1f9eaae] CreateImage, GroupAiringBannerImage = 'null'
Sat 8/8 15:00:57.963 [EventRouter-001d6a4c00a1@1f9eaae] Done Displaying Banner for GroupAiring 'Phineas and Ferb'
Then a little bit farther down in the log there is this error for the Phineas and Ferb Background:
Code:
Sat 8/8 15:00:58.344 [Fork-HQKVS-38781@74e1a6] Error accessing image file C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\Phoenix\Fanart\TV\Phineas and Ferb\Backgrounds\81848-1.jpg of java.io.FileNotFoundException: Failed detecting file type for image, couldn't read header
So my guess is that something is screwy with the Phineas and Ferb fanart and banners. I would delete the entire Phineas and Ferb Fanart directory (copy it out) and redownload the fanart.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Sage Icon

Interesting. I checked the folder and it contained 0 byte jpg files. I noticed one other directory that had the same problem (Burn Notice). Could the problem be that the file exists, but doesn't have anything in it?

Edit: That also suggests I may have a problem with BMT. I'll work on how to get that fixed.

Last edited by toricred; 08-08-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Interesting. I checked the folder and it contained 0 byte jpg files. I noticed one other directory that had the same problem (Burn Notice). Could the problem be that the file exists, but doesn't have anything in it?

Edit: That also suggests I may have a problem with BMT. I'll work on how to get that fixed.
This is not the first time I have seen this and will retune errors. Thought there was discussion about an option in bmt to not download 0k size fanart but don't know if that option exist yet

Razr you could add an option to check file size but I don't do that and hopefully it will be fixed on bmts end
Old 08-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
yup i bet that is exactly the issue... my guess is you can just delete the offending 0byte files and everything will be ok (regarding the log anyway ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
This is not the first time I have seen this and will retune errors. Thought there was discussion about an option in bmt to not download 0k size fanart but don't know if that option exist yet
ya i seem to remember that discussion too... BMT beta 9 adds error checking around 0byte files http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...1&postcount=12

Quote:
Razr you could add an option to check file size but I don't do that and hopefully it will be fixed on bmts end
It looks like with beta 9 it wont be an issue anymore so I wont have to do error checking around file sizes...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Sage Icon

I'm actually using beta 9 so I don't think that's fixed it.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm actually using beta 9 so I don't think that's fixed it.
I would suspect that beta 9 will only remove the offending 0 byte files for bmt runs done with beta 9 or later... if any of the 0 byte files were downloaded with earlier versions of bmt then they will still be there. I would do a search of your windows directory and delete all the 0 byte .jpg files (this is what i just did... i had a couple movie posters).
Check out TVExplorer