SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
I'm guessing these are imported videos, and if so you need to have BMT process them before they can be brought into the list.
All my tv shows except for a handful are from DVD box sets that I ripped by episode. Some seasons only a handful are showing up, trying to figure out why. If you look at the first screen shot, all the metadata has been created by BMI for each episode of Season 2 Supernatural

capture.JPG

Yet if you look at the screenshot I just took from TV Explorer only a few epsiodes for Season 2 are showing

capture1.JPG

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 08-03-2009, 12:44 PM
SageTVaholic

First, just to be sure all the metadata is imported, run the touch command from the BMT command line...
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --touch YOUR_FILE|YOUR_DIR
Second, can you post one of the properties files from the episodes that aren't working?
Old 08-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
First, just to be sure all the metadata is imported, run the touch command from the BMT command line...
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --touch YOUR_FILE|YOUR_DIR
Second, can you post one of the properties files from the episodes that aren't working?
So here is what I think the problem is. When BMI went through and created the .properties files two types were created. The tv shows that are not showing the .properties file looks like this (I can't even explain where BMI came up with the title):

Code:
MediaType=Movie
Title=Zone of the Enders: 2167 Idolo (2001)
MediaTitle=Zone of the Enders: 2167 Idolo
Actor=
ActorRoles=
Director=
Writer=
Genres=Animation;Sci-Fi;
Description=
Rated=
UserRating=7
ReleaseDate=24 September, 2002
MediaProviderDataID=imdb:0365965;theMovieDB:
TagLine=
Year=2001
RunTime=Japan:55 min
Awards=
AlsoKnownAs=Zone of the Enders: Idolo (USA);
I just reran BMI for this episode and now the .properties file looks correct, although it is still not being picked up by TV Explorer:

Code:
#Generator: Batch Metadata Tools (3.0-beta-9); MediaFile: file:////HPSERVER/Videos/TV%20Shows/SUPERNATURAL/SEASON%202/Supernatural%20-%20S02E16%20-%20Roadkill.mkv
#Mon Aug 03 15:34:28 EDT 2009
Actor=Jensen Ackles -- Dean Winchester;\nJared Padalecki -- Sam Winchester;\nMisha Collins -- Castiel;\nLauren Cohan -- Bela Talbot;\nKatie Cassidy -- Ruby;\nWinston Rekert -- Guest;\nDan Gauthier -- Guest;\nMaria Marlow -- Guest;\nTricia Helfer -- Guest;
Description=A woman named Molly and her husband are driving down the highway and swerve to miss a farmer who's walking down the road.  Their car hits a tree and when Molly wakes up her husband is missing.  Sam and Dean discover Molly and find out that the farmer haunts the highway and Molly is most likely his next victim.  Sam and Dean set off to stop the farmer before he can claim her.\nUser Rating\: 7\n
Director=Charles Beeson;
EpisodeNumber=16
EpisodeTitle=Roadkill
Genre=Action and Adventure
MediaProviderDataID=tvdb\:78901
MediaTitle=Supernatural
MediaType=TV
OriginalAirDate=2007-03-15
Rated=TV-14
RunningTime=3600000
SeasonNumber=2
Title=Supernatural - S02E16 - Roadkill
UserRating=7
Writer=Raelle Tucker;
Year=2007
x-Fanart-BackgroundUrl=http\://www.thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/78901-24.jpg
x-Fanart-BannerUrl=http\://www.thetvdb.com/banners/graphical/30144-g3.jpg
x-Fanart-PosterUrl=http\://www.thetvdb.com/banners/posters/78901-8.jpg
x-MetadataProviderDataUrl=78901;;;;SEASON\=02&EPISODE\=16
x-MetadataProviderId=tvdb
x-ser-Cast=0|Jensen Ackles|Dean Winchester|null;0|Jared Padalecki|Sam Winchester|null;0|Misha Collins|Castiel|null;0|Lauren Cohan|Bela Talbot|null;0|Katie Cassidy|Ruby|null;0|Winston Rekert|Guest|null;0|Dan Gauthier|Guest|null;0|Maria Marlow|Guest|null;0|Tricia Helfer|Guest|null;1|Raelle Tucker|Writer|null;2|Charles Beeson|Director|null
x-ser-Description=A woman named Molly and her husband are driving down the highway and swerve to miss a farmer who's walking down the road.  Their car hits a tree and when Molly wakes up her husband is missing.  Sam and Dean discover Molly and find out that the farmer haunts the highway and Molly is most likely his next victim.  Sam and Dean set off to stop the farmer before he can claim her.
x-ser-Genres=Action and Adventure;Drama;Fantasy

Old 08-03-2009, 01:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, that's prolly the problem. TVExplorer needs the following lines to be correct so it can filter out the non-TV and combine them with recorded TV...
Code:
MediaType=TV
MediaTitle=Supernatural
Just give Sage a bit to process your new properties files and then TVExplorer should see without any issue. It it still doesn't run the touch command and then kick off a library import.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 08-03-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Ok, that's prolly the problem. TVExplorer needs the following lines to be correct so it can filter out the non-TV and combine them with recorded TV...
Code:
MediaType=TV
MediaTitle=Supernatural
Just give Sage a bit to process your new properties files and then TVExplorer should see without any issue. It it still doesn't run the touch command and then kick off a library import.
EP - greatly appreciate the help.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Code:
MediaType=TV
MediaTitle=Supernatural
yup that's exactly the issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
EP - greatly appreciate the help.
EP - Big thanks for handling it
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

razrsharpe - so far everything has been working smooth for me with TV Explorer (aside from some of the metadata issues but that is related to BMT and hopefully I have sorted out). Just posted some screenshots over on my blog, excellent job so far mate!!!

http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/2009/0...tv-screen.html

Old 08-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Sage User

Movies

Hello Guys,

As I know the possibility to have all movies grouped will be available in the next TVE release, correct ?.

Thx.
Asus P5N-D, C2Q Q9400, 4 GB mem, 6 TB HDD in FreeNAS, ATI HD5750, PVR-150, LG Blu-ray / HD DVD Combo Drive, TVA HDTV, Harmony 555, Speakers JBL e Infinity, Yamaha RX-V3900, Samsumg 19" LCD, Samsumg Plasma 42", SageTV HD200, Arcsoft TMT, KL mega codec pack, EventGhost, Windows 7
Old 08-05-2009, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbherculano View Post
Hello Guys,

As I know the possibility to have all movies grouped will be available in the next TVE release, correct ?.

Thx.
yes should be.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

Great import.

I'm having a problem where the menus are cut off. I am seeing this problem on a client machine.

Resolution is 1280x1024
Sage 6.6.2
Latest SageMC
Serenity theme

Attached is a picture of what I am seeing.

Is this related to the theme?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TVexplorer - settings cut.JPG (71.4 KB, 188 views)
Old 08-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbherculano View Post
Hello Guys,

Thx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
yes should be.
yup plucky beat me too it.. but yes Movie Grouping will be an option in the next TVE release
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
razrsharpe - so far everything has been working smooth for me with TV Explorer (aside from some of the metadata issues but that is related to BMT and hopefully I have sorted out). Just posted some screenshots over on my blog, excellent job so far mate!!!

http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/2009/0...tv-screen.html
Excellent glad you like it and thanks for the nice writeup/screenshots on your blog
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Great import.

I'm having a problem where the menus are cut off. I am seeing this problem on a client machine.

Resolution is 1280x1024
Sage 6.6.2
Latest SageMC
Serenity theme

Attached is a picture of what I am seeing.

Is this related to the theme?
Its actually related to the 4x3 aspect ratio of your UI. Enabling the following option should fix the issue: TVE Options -> Main -> 4x3 Optimization.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-07-2009, 02:19 AM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks, that fixed it.

Is there a way to see recent recordings or "what's new"?
Old 08-07-2009, 04:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks, that fixed it.

Click on the first icon in the menu stack. (The Recordings icon)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks, that fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Click on the first icon in the menu stack. (The Recordings icon)

Gerry
that will actually switch to the "scheduled Recordings" (what will be recorded in the future) . To see recent recordings (already recorded) set the grouping to Title - Date Recorded and enable the Reverse Sort for Title - Date Recorded. Then the beginning (top) of the list will be the last recorded show.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-07-2009, 07:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
that will actually switch to the "scheduled Recordings" (what will be recorded in the future) . To see recent recordings (already recorded) set the grouping to Title - Date Recorded and enable the Reverse Sort for Title - Date Recorded. Then the beginning (top) of the list will be the last recorded show.
Right,right,right. Sorry 'bout that. It was too early in the morning to be replying to posts.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi razrsharpe. I'm loving TVExplorer. Thanks again.
After looking at some of the screenshots in preperation for V4, I'm hoping much of what you create (like most of the addin already) will be configurable.

I come from the school of design that says "just because you can doesn't mean you should" and "less is more".

Here's how I'm currently have TVExplorer configured:

No cover, no banners, just a background. I've increased the size of the program list to something like 60%. My wife and I really enjoy how it looks.

Besides little bug fixes that I know you're working on, my wishlist for the next release is pretty small.
1) The ability to set the height of the show list and episode list independently.
2) The ability to manipulate the episode list with the same granularity currently given to the group list. (row height/font size/font count/etc.)

Thanks man. This plugin is awesome!
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 08-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Razr et al.,
First of all, I wanted to say that after using this plugin for a little while, I don't know how I ever did without it. I appreciate and would perhaps use some of the suggestions for enhancements mentioned here, but if nothing changed, I would also be perfectly content with TVExplorer as is.

That being said, I'm experiencing an issue that was no doubt of my own doing, but I don't know what to do to correct it. I originally posted my issue in BMT, but since I'm not sure whether it is a BMT or TVExplorer issue, I thought I would post it here as well. My original post is here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=1382

I've also quoted it below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Please forgive me if this issue has been posted elsewhere. I've searched but am not sure if I'm using good keywords for this. Also, this problem seems to involve TV Exporer as well, but since I was messing with BMT when I got myself into this pickle, I thought I would post it here.

I had not had a chance to really spend some time with the web UI, and thought I would explore a bit. I probably should have read a little more of this thread before I did that. I ended up doing a scan from there, and I believe I had Recordings checked. When I returned to the TV Explorer screen, I found that some of my fanart has been repeated incorrectly i.e. Eureka fanart is showing up on 4 or 5 different shows that are not Eureka. If I try and update fanart for those shows using metadata tools plugin, then that show will correct itself, but then duplicate its fanart to various other shows. The first two screenshot I included here shows what this looks like.

If I look at the properties of a particular show that has incorrect fanart showing from the web ui, I can see that the display title is correct, but the fanart title is not. The episode title also appears to be incorrect. Screenshot three shows what this looks like.

I tried running metadatatools from the commandline on my tv directories using the overwrite argument, but that didn't seem to change anything.

I should also note that all tv shows appear with correct fanart in the standard SageMC TV menu.

I am running the newly released SageMC 6.3.9a along with BMT ver 3.0 Beta 9 on with TVExplorer ver 1.0 on Sage ver 6.6.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachment 8872

Attachment 8873

Attachment 8874
Aside from what I've mentioned above, I've also deleted all the .properties files in my Recording directories but that appears to have no effect.

Any suggestions as to what else I could try?

Thanks and cheers!
Old 08-07-2009, 06:28 PM
SageTVaholic

So what your saying is, you delete the properties files, but BMT recreates them with the incorrect information?