SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
I think that looks okay, so long as it doesn't hide too much of the fanart. That's what drew me to the overlay instead. The thick bars plucky is showing seem too big for my taste. I also quickly noted that there weren't any fanart images on that shot. (Freudian slip? j/k) Then again, too thin and you won't be able to see the line. I could see a bright yellow line being used to ensure it's visible, but I could also see someone looking at it and thinking that the fanart image had a glitch!
Yeah no fanart that was just an example of a line (a big one I agree). Yellow would definitely be a glitch look. Another idea is a circle/pie filled to the extend of what you have watched that could easily be placed small and bearable on the fanart.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
TVE doesn't group using the show prefix at all.... its purely a "Show Title" string group. Perhaps BMT or something else is doing something weird when its a certain type of show (import, recorded, etc).... but from TVE's standpoint it doesn't care.
I think that I figured this out. I believe it had to do with the file name. Although the media shows as movie under BMT when I looked at the file names they followed this format Movie Name-Movie Name-string of numbers. In looking at other files it seems that this is the naming convention for tv shows whereas Movie will only have Movie Name-string of numbers. Renaming the files to delete the Movie Name in the middle and the rescanning got rid of them in the TVE screen without any other changes needed to the filters.

I still have the issue where if I Exclude Movies then quite a few of the tv shows do not appear any longer but that is another issue for another day. For now I do not mind the Movie subfolder at the top of the list although it only picks a percentage of the total recorded movies in the library.
Main Server: Intel Core i5 Processor i5-670, MSI Motherboard H57M-ED65, Corsair 4 GB PC3-12800, Intel 320 Series 160 GB SSD, Western Digital 150 GB VelociRaptor, LIAN-LI PC-C36B Case, Vista 64 Home Premium, JavaHeap = 1,200. +Network Encoder.
Storage: HP487 with 37.5TB of storage.
Extenders: x2 HD300 x6 HD200.
Tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1950 USB x3, USBIRT.
Adds-in:Many!.
Others: Sony BDVE500W, OPPO HM-31 dvanced HDMI 1.3 1080p Switch, Harmony One.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Live TV starts on it's own?

Often when stopping a video launched from TVE live TV starts up on it's own.

Has anyone else noticed this? Any thoughts?
Old 05-05-2010, 01:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_ferrets View Post

That's a really odd one. I've never seen this and I use TVE almost nightly. It really doesn't sound like something in TVE, but, are you running the latest version? When you imported TVE, did you ensure it wasn't an STV which already had a previous version imported? Assuming all of that checks out, is there a chance your remote is causing this somehow? Perhaps try changing the shortcut or remote code(s) for the stop button and see if the issue goes away.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 05-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

ya both my roommate and I use it daily and I've never seen it do this (even during development)... It always returns to the TVE screen.... if you collect the sagetv debug logs from this happening I can take a look at them (who knows if there is anything useful in them but you never know)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

I have just started to notice this as well. The only thing I've changed recently is trying out BMT 4. Not say that is the cause, but are you using BMT 4?
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 05-05-2010, 01:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
I have just started to notice this as well. The only thing I've changed recently is trying out BMT 4. Not say that is the cause, but are you using BMT 4?
I am. Was using BMT 3 previously, too, and never saw it there either.

Just pure speculation here, but is it possible the show was being recorded at the time you started watching it and, for some reason, it kept playing back the same channel?

Also, the OP said "video". Was it an imported recording (i.e. download) or something that SageTV recorded? What are the exact steps you're using to launch the video (keys being pressed or remote buttons pushed, plus icon/menus being selected in SageTV)?
Old 05-05-2010, 01:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
ya both my roommate and I use it daily
Quote:
I use TVE almost nightly.

Man you guys need to get outside more
Old 05-05-2010, 05:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Man you guys need to get outside more
LOL! You're probably right, but this is how we relax after work... with a show or two.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
LOL! You're probably right, but this is how we relax after work... with a show or two.
Man I remember when I could do that before the kiddo...Now it is like going to work to relax.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Man I remember when I could do that before the kiddo...Now it is like going to work to relax.
Yeah, I go to work for some peace and quiet

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 05-07-2010, 07:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks to the folks who replied. I also use TVE almost nightly... :-) and it just happened again last night. Watching a recording (recorded by SageTV) that I launched from TVE. Here are some details, perhaps relevant, perhaps not.

-Recordings have been done by SageTV and are viewed on HD200 extenders
-Using HD200 remote with latest version of TVE, BMT 3.+, Phoenix 1.56
-I have TVE navigation set up to go to the the episode list on group select and to go to the info screen on selecting an episode.
-I am launching the video by selecting the 'Play' button on the episode info screen, i.e., I put remote focus on the play button on the screen and press the select button.
-The behaviour I see is that LiveTV is launched inside the TVE screen NOT that it goes to full screen liveTV.
-I'm thinking it's likely that it's tied to the flow I'm using to stop the video. It seems to happen more often when exiting the video from the pop-up screen that appears when the video comes to an end. I press the stop button which returns to the TVE screen and this seems to launch liveTV -- though again not full screen but rather in the area designated on the TVE screen.

I will try and see if I can identify a way to reliably reproduce this behavior. Glad to see I'm not the only one seeing this as hopefully that means it will be easier to figured out what's going on!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Sage Icon

was the recording you started watching still being recorded when you started watching it? If so then that is probably by design because when you start watching a show that is still being recorded sage will continue to record live tv (after the program ends) if it can so that after the show ends you can keep watching the channel if you want....

if you enable debug logging on the server and get me the sagetv_0.txt log file from when this happens ill see if there is anything in there... or in terms of trouble shooting is probably your best bet too... to look over the log files...

I can tell you that TVE never launches Live TV... personally I hate Live TV (and actually removed all references to it from the stv) so for TVE to launch Live TV there must be some really large gremlins in there

What happens when you do this from the default sagemc video screens (same conditions for the test... ie is the recording fully recorded or still in progress...)?

If you start playback from the Program Info Screen (which if i understand is how you have it setup)... then when you stop playback doesn't it go back to the program info screen and not TVE (IIRC it should)?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
was the recording you started watching still being recorded when you started watching it?
No these are all completed recordings (that have finished and fully processed by comskip).

I will debug and collect more information according to your suggestions. I don't seem to see this behavior when I watch videos from the video library (movies in my case) but I'll have to verify that as I haven't watched much from there lately. I'm still trying to catch up on FlashForward... :-)
Old 05-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just an update on this.

After a bit of playing I still can't create repeatable steps that trigger the described behavior. But I'm suspecting that it is not caused by TVE as I did indeed have it happen after watching a movie launched from the My Videos screen. So perhaps is it's a SageMC issue?

I can confirm that launching the tv video from the program info screen then stopping it does return me to the program info screen, as it should.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:00 PM
SageTVaholic

I've got some good news for dead ferrets (btw.. what a morbid screen name ) and ChaOConnor. I just had the live TV issue pop up and I can reproduce it every time. For me, this is happening on an apparently bad recording. I'm getting a playback error pop up. After I click OK, SageTV starts playing back live TV for some reason.

@razrsharpe: Let me know what you'd like me to provide for you to see if this is caused by TVE.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Sage Icon

@skirge: lets see if have the steps right:
  1. Wou're watching a already completed recording that sage does not like at some point in its playback (ie corrupted recording)
  2. You get the playback error popup and click ok
  3. Sagemc takes you back to TVE and live tv was started
If I had to venture a guess that is coming from some logic in the mediaplayer and that error popup. Since its repeatable what happens if you remove TVE from the equation (launch the video from the default sagemc tv/video screens)?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-16-2010, 11:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
@skirge: lets see if have the steps right:
  1. Wou're watching a already completed recording that sage does not like at some point in its playback (ie corrupted recording)
  2. You get the playback error popup and click ok
  3. Sagemc takes you back to TVE and live tv was started
If I had to venture a guess that is coming from some logic in the mediaplayer and that error popup. Since its repeatable what happens if you remove TVE from the equation (launch the video from the default sagemc tv/video screens)?
Actually SageMC doesn't take me back to TVE, it simply starts playing live TV. I did as suggested and tried a stock SageMC beta23 and beta24, both of which exhibited the behavior. I then reverted to the stock STV, which did not begin playing back live TV. It would appear that this is a SageMC issue. Considering how rare a problem this is, I don't know that it's even worth Mike's time to try and fix it.

I did notice one other side effect when this issue occurs, just in case anyone else notices and wonders: SageTV's volume mysteriously drops down to zero. Since I use a receiver for volume control, I was stumped as to why I had no sound. But, I used the keyboard shortcuts to raise the volume back up and everything was fine.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Sage Icon

with the release of the SageTV v7 beta i figured I should post about my plans for the future of TVE.

TVE v1 will die with sagemc and v6. The old animation system is... welll... old and cludgy and converting everything to properly use the new animation system is just not practical. Not to mention TVE is littered with a lot of SageMC code throughout its UI, converting all this to work with v7 is really just not practical. I kept going back and forth on whether to port tve for v7 or rewrite it from scratch and actually spent a fair amount of time on trying to get an acceptable port for v7. In the end it just didn't make sense.

However, all hope is not lost There will be a TVE v2 that will be similar yet different from TVE v1. It will also borrow some of the navigation and ui features from v7.... amongst other pie in the sky plans of mine that I'm not ready to publicize yet No I do not have a timeframe for when something will be ready for public consumption but it won't probably be ready until the late summer/fall.

In the meantime enjoy the new v7 ui (and all the rest of the good stuff). Once you get used to the new UI, it works quite well
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 05-20-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Sage Expert

Excellent news. I can't live without TVExplorer!