SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
I have been hesitating on installing the new version of TVExplorer because of item 6 in the instructions. "Load an STV WITHOUT TVE installed. This is important. TVE will not import correctly if an earlier version exists." I am not sure exactly how to accomplish this as I only use SageMC. Can someone provide a bit more detail to this step?
Go to My Menu -> Settings -> Load STV -> Load the base SageMC STV (something like: SageMC_16x9.xml (if you are not running the latest pre release) or SageMC_6_3_9_b23.xml (if you are running the latest pre release). Then import TVE and SMW again (Go to My Menu -> Settings -> Import STVi).

Basically every time you import a STVi sage appends a number to the STV name (xxx-1.xml, xxx-2.xml, xxx-3.xml, etc). TVE (and most other imports) will not import correctly on top of a STV that includes a previous version of the import. Therefore you must load an stv first that doesnt have the import (ie the base SageMC STV).

Quote:
As a relatively new SageTV user, TVExplorer and Movie Wall were the 2 add ons that made the move from BTV a no-brainer. Thanks for all the great work!
Thanks and glad you like it . Let me know if you have any more questions
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 01-25-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the explanation razrsharpe. I had also been sitting on the fence for lack of a clear understanding of what a "virgin" STV. I had pictured this requiring a fresh install but your explanation makes it clear and much easier to accomplish.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
Thanks for the explanation razrsharpe. I had also been sitting on the fence for lack of a clear understanding of what a "virgin" STV. I had pictured this requiring a fresh install but your explanation makes it clear and much easier to accomplish.
no problem... I didnt realize that was hanging people up... I'll add a note to the install instructions with a link to my last post....
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Sage Expert

So I'm getting that "do we always have to upgrade to the latest version" look from my wife again....

I know it is something I'm missing, but I'm still getting the:

was it working: Yes (and very well thanks Razor)
was it broke: No
did you fix it (upgrade): Yes
you know the rest....

Before upgrading I had it set up to only show imported TV. We use it for the front end to all our ripped TV DVD series. After upgrading when I first opened TV Explorer there were no entries.

I have all the filters set on "No Filter", on the TV Explorer options panel under Imported TV it is set to "Enabled" and the metadata files for our ripped TV DVD's were created by BMT and they have MediaType=TV; however, all that shows up in TVExplorer is the sage recorded shows. What am I missing?
Old 01-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
So I'm getting that "do we always have to upgrade to the latest version" look from my wife again....

I know it is something I'm missing, but I'm still getting the:

was it working: Yes (and very well thanks Razor)
was it broke: No
did you fix it (upgrade): Yes
you know the rest....

Before upgrading I had it set up to only show imported TV. We use it for the front end to all our ripped TV DVD series. After upgrading when I first opened TV Explorer there were no entries.

I have all the filters set on "No Filter", on the TV Explorer options panel under Imported TV it is set to "Enabled" and the metadata files for our ripped TV DVD's were created by BMT and they have MediaType=TV; however, all that shows up in TVExplorer is the sage recorded shows. What am I missing?
Just to make sure we are the same page your goal is to have ONLY imported content displayed in TVE (not sage recorded tv)?

Make sure your settings are as follows:
-TVE Options -> Imported TV -> Display Imported TV -> Enabled (Default)
-Filters -> Imported TV -> Include
-TVE Options -> Main -> Clear filters on menu load -> Disabled (Default)

Those should be the only options you need to set. If you're still having trouble load the defaults (TVE Options -> Main -> Load Defaults) then check the options. I just double checked my setup (i loaded defaults first then changed / checked the options above) and its working for me... only imported tv is displayed. Granted i do not have any tv dvds (only single episode rips) but TVE should not care what the source video is... only that MediaType = TV in the properties file.

Having the Imported TV filter set to "No Filter" means exactly that their is no filtering done on the mediailes. Since TVE is primarily designed for displaying sage recorded TV these files are always be included unless explicitly filtered out in the filters menu. I would consider adding a separate menu item the enables displaying sage recorded content if there is enough interest...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Just to make sure we are the same page your goal is to have ONLY imported content displayed in TVE (not sage recorded tv)?
True.

Quote:
Make sure your settings are as follows:
-TVE Options -> Imported TV -> Display Imported TV -> Enabled (Default)
-Filters -> Imported TV -> Include
-TVE Options -> Main -> Clear filters on menu load -> Disabled (Default)

....If you're still having trouble load the defaults (TVE Options -> Main -> Load Defaults) then check the options....
I will double check tonight. I'm sure I tried it with the first two above set as you describe, but I need to check the "Clear filters on menu load" setting.

I do know that I tried loading the defaults from TVE Options -> Main -> Load Defaults. Before I made this change it was showing nothing (probably because my setup before I upgraded was filtering out everything except imported TV). Once I made this change, the sage recordings started showing up, but still no imported TV.

I'll Post back after I recheck tonight. Thanks for your help and for the awsome work on this STVi.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I will double check tonight. I'm sure I tried it with the first two above set as you describe, but I need to check the "Clear filters on menu load" setting.
the default setting for "Clear filters on menu load" should be correct... but its probably good to double check. From your original post you said "I have all the filters set on "No Filter"" that's why i suggested that the Imported TV filter should be set to "Include". All other filters should be set to "No Filter"

Quote:
I do know that I tried loading the defaults from TVE Options -> Main -> Load Defaults. Before I made this change it was showing nothing (probably because my setup before I upgraded was filtering out everything except imported TV).
upgrading should have reset all the property items (same thing as setting load defaults)... (at least it does for me )

Quote:
I'll Post back after I recheck tonight. Thanks for your help and for the awsome work on this STVi.
please do and your welcome
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Sage Expert

I'm still getting no imported TV. Here is what I tried:

First did TVE Options -> Main -> Load Defaults

Then validated TVE Options -> Imported TV -> Display Imported TV -> Enabled and it is.

Then validated TVE Options -> Main -> Clear filters on menu load -> Disabled and it is.

At this point I see Sage Recordings, but no imported TV

Then I set Filters -> Imported TV -> Include and now there is nothing.

Here is one of my .property files (24.S01E01.properties) created by BMT (I removed the Actor=, Description= and all the lines starting with "x-" to make it reasonably postable):

#Sage Video Metadata for file:/w:/24/24%20-%20Seaqson%20One/24.S01E01/
#Fri Jul 17 20:21:09 CDT 2009
EpisodeNumber=1
EpisodeTitle=Day 1 - 12\:00 A.M.-1\:00 A.M.
Genre=Action and Adventure
MediaProviderDataID=tvdb\:76290
MediaTitle=24
MediaType=TV
OriginalAirDate=2001-11-06
Rated=TV-14
RunningTime=3600000
SeasonNumber=1
Title=24 - S01E01 - Day 1 - 12\:00 A.M.-1\:00 A.M.
UserRating=7
Writer=Robert Cochran;Joel Surnow;
Year=2001
Old 01-27-2010, 06:39 PM
Sage Icon

mmm everything seems correct, property file looks good... Is this a client or HD100/200? Can you also check TVE Options -> Imported TV -> Limit Search Paths -> Do Not Limit. And stupid question but the video is visible in the default My Videos screens of SageMC?

When you installed sagetv did you make sure sage was completely shutdown (client shutdown if installing on a pc client, service shut down if installing on the server)?

Next can you turn on the sage Debug log (if its not already), stop/restart client, then enter the TVE menu, shut down client, and zip and post the log (Sagetvclient_0.txt in the sagetv root install directory)?

EDIT: have you tried restarting the server/client?
Go to: TVE Options -> TVE Info -> Is a MAC Address listed? and Client Name?
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 01-27-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
mmm everything seems correct, property file looks good... Is this a client or HD100/200? Can you also check TVE Options -> Imported TV -> Limit Search Paths -> Do Not Limit. And stupid question but the video is visible in the default My Videos screens of SageMC?
This is on both my server and on my HD200s.

"Do not limit" is set and the videos show in My Videos of SageMC and they show in SMW 4.1 when the filter there is set to "TV Shows".

Also, users of cool STVi's for sage (me) might ask stupid questions, but developers of those cool STVi's don't ask stupid questions. I hate thinking that your burning your time helping me when in the end it is likely something stupid I did.

Quote:
When you installed sagetv did you make sure sage was completely shutdown (client shutdown if installing on a pc client, service shut down if installing on the server)?
Yes, I'm nearly certain I remember shutting it down and the service too.

Quote:
Next can you turn on the sage Debug log (if its not already), stop/restart client, then enter the TVE menu, shut down client, and zip and post the log (Sagetvclient_0.txt in the sagetv root install directory)?
Hopefully I attached the .zip file correctly.

Thanks for your help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetvclient_0.zip (11.4 KB, 268 views)
Old 01-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Sage Icon

thanks for posting that log... unfortunately its not showing me anything useful ... everything looks good (the ortus.api is getting initialized properly, there are no exceptions, i can see the settings are right... it should be displaying imported TV... ) ... i think I need to add some debug logging to the api to try and track this one down...

In the mean time(unfortunately i cant get to adding the debug logging tonight... i should have time tomorrow nite or this weekend though)... lets try something else:

-TVE Options -> Imported TV -> Limit Search Paths -> Property Item
-TVE Options -> Imported TV -> Search Path -> Set this to the import path where your imported tv is. Set this EXACTLY (including case... use the Specify options) as it is shown in SageTV Options -> Detailed Setup -> General Media Center Import Directories.

when you use one of the two types of path filtering TVE will display ALL the items in that import path, it does not check to make sure that the mediatype = tv... so this should definitely work (as long as the path is correct...)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Sage Expert

I set the import directory to one of my two TV drives and the media on that drive now shows up in TVE (as you knew it would). It is not grouping and sorting (24 shows as the only banner and the episode list on the right shows all the 24, CSI, Bewitched (my daughter) episodes that exist on the drive); however, I have not played with the grouping or sorting menues to see what is up.

Please let me know if I can help with any testing once you've added the debugging to the api.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I set the import directory to one of my two TV drives and the media on that drive now shows up in TVE (as you knew it would). It is not grouping and sorting (24 shows as the only banner and the episode list on the right shows all the 24, CSI, Bewitched (my daughter) episodes that exist on the drive); however, I have not played with the grouping or sorting menues to see what is up.
mmmm.... that's very strange... it should group correctly as long as the metadata is correct... something weird is going on with the metadata.... from the BMT web UI does the metadata look correct? Check on the web ui not the properties file...

Also do me a favor and restart the sage service... from the log it looks like everything is correct but you never know

Also what is your phoenix.api and sagex.api version numbers (TVE Options -> TVE Info)?
Quote:
Please let me know if I can help with any testing once you've added the debugging to the api.
Unzip the attached zip to your stv folder (usually C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3) and then Import TVEXplorer_1_01_025a Patches 1_01_025.xml) into your existing stv file.

Set TVE Options -> Imported TV -> Limit Search Paths back to none

Shutdown/restart the sage client
Enter the TVE menu
and zip and post the logs again...

Note: This is a debug log update to try and track down robs problem and should not / does not need to be installed by other users (unless you're also experiencing issues)...
Attached Files
File Type: zip TVExplorer_1_01_025a Patches 1_01_025.zip (2.2 KB, 250 views)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
from the BMT web UI does the metadata look correct? Check on the web ui not the properties file...
I agree it seems to be metadata related; however, the BMT webapp appears to show the metadata for 24 and for CSI correctly.

Quote:
Also do me a favor and restart the sage service... from the log it looks like everything is correct but you never know

Also what is your phoenix.api and sagex.api version numbers (TVE Options -> TVE Info)?
Stopping and restarting the service did not change anything.

Sagex is 6.6.1
Phoenix is 1.44

The new log is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetvclient_0.zip (11.7 KB, 229 views)
Old 01-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I agree it seems to be metadata related; however, the BMT webapp appears to show the metadata for 24 and for CSI correctly.
oki doki... its werid though that no one else is having an issue with imported tv....

Quote:
Stopping and restarting the service did not change anything.

Sagex is 6.6.1
Phoenix is 1.44
versions look good and didn't hold high hopes that stopping/restarting the service would help but you never knew
Quote:
The new log is attached.
bah... something must be going on with the difference generator that the patch doesnt work... i do not see the new logging calls....

try this one instead (its a full tve 1.01.025a rather then a patch)... do the following:
unzip to your STV folder (same folder from earlier)
load an stv without tve (like the base sagemc)
import the stv unzipped in step 1 (tvexplorer_1_01_025a)
go to the tve menu and make sure all the relevant options are as they should be...
then shut down/restart the client, enter the tve menu, and zip up and post the log...

sorry about this... im actually quite baffled. SMW is picking up and BMT is displaying the correct metadata so im throughly confused why tve is not....
Attached Files
File Type: zip TVExplorer_1_01_025a.zip (40.9 KB, 233 views)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

I was having the same issue before I upgraded to the most recent version. Funnily enough, it was only happening on one of my two HD-200s. I had the same exact settings on both, but only one showed Imported.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 01-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Sage User

razrsharpe - first, nice work on the new version. I like the layout much better.

Using the new version, I noticed a possible bug. With my cursor/bar sitting on the third group of programs, if I hit the Delete key, I am asked if I want to delete the first group of programs - not the group I currently have highlighted.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
I was having the same issue before I upgraded to the most recent version. Funnily enough, it was only happening on one of my two HD-200s. I had the same exact settings on both, but only one showed Imported.
wait...
HD200 1 -> worked fine
HD200 2 -> would not show importedtv but would show recorded tv

with the settings the same? and 1.01.025 does not have this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJohnny View Post
razrsharpe - first, nice work on the new version. I like the layout much better.
thanks

Quote:
Using the new version, I noticed a possible bug. With my cursor/bar sitting on the third group of programs, if I hit the Delete key, I am asked if I want to delete the first group of programs - not the group I currently have highlighted.
mmmm... thats interesting i will take a look... thanks for the heads up... sometime's i have noticed something similar that stems from how you navigate to that group (ie getting TVE confused about where it is and what is/should be focused).... try this:
-enter tve
-arrow right to the group panel
-arrow down to the 3 panel
-options
-delete

does it still ask you to delete the first group? And do you have the movie grouping enabled?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
im actually quite baffled. SMW is picking up and BMT is displaying the correct metadata so im throughly confused why tve is not....
The new log is attached. I wonder if the debug is not showing because I am testig on my server and not the HD200, yet I've been providing you the Sageclient log? Anyway, just in case, I attached the Sageclient log and the SageTV log this time.

I know we have been thinking it is metadata releated, but I'm realizing the metadata is the same as it was before I upgraded to the new TVE. Since the metadata has not changed, since SMW and BMT seem to like the metadata fine, and since I am the only one having problems, I am now thinking that it must have to do with something I messed up during the install.

Thanks for all your help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetvclient_0.zip (11.7 KB, 241 views)
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (15.6 KB, 225 views)
Old 01-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The new log is attached. I wonder if the debug is not showing because I am testig on my server and not the HD200, yet I've been providing you the Sageclient log? Anyway, just in case, I attached the Sageclient log and the SageTV log this time.
sageclient is the right log... even though you are on the server it runs a client instance of the ui when you are using the service. the sage log is for the service (the hd200 logs end up here...) checking on the server and sending me the client logs is correct

I know we have been thinking it is metadata releated, but I'm realizing the metadata is the same as it was before I upgraded to the new TVE. Since the metadata has not changed, since SMW and BMT seem to like the metadata fine, and since I am the only one having problems, I am now thinking that it must have to do with something I messed up during the install.[/quote]
well I'm doing something slightly different then in v1 and also then smw... but it all relies on the same backend data so it shouldn't matter... anyway from the log i can see it finds files (1279 of them in fact) then it filters them all out for some reason...

try this jar with some more debug logging in it.
-shut down service
-unzip the attached folder to your sage JARS folder (sagehomedir\JARS)
-open sageclient.properties, change ortus/debug_log_level to 6
-start service
-enter tve menu
-shutdown client
-zip up and post the client log
Attached Files
File Type: zip sageortus.zip (22 Bytes, 224 views)
Check out TVExplorer