SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug1124 View Post
I have a question on adding in custom Banners, Backgrounds, and Posters. If I wanted to add or remove banners, what is the process. Sorry if this question has been answered somewhere already.
TVExplorer reads banners from your central fanart folder (..\CENTRAL_FANART_FOLDER\TV\SHOWNAME\ ..\Banners, ..\Backgrounds, ..\Posters '). It uses the phoenix apis to handle all the heavy lifting (the same as sagemc, smw, fanart for the default stv, etc). To add/delete banners i find the easiest thing to do is navigate to your central fanart folder and add/delete images from the correct folder. TVE displays only the default banner and poster (which i believe is the first one when ordered lexically... by name... just rename it so it appears first in the list in windows explorer ie 0.jpg)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for this plug-in. You helped me complete the look I was going for with sagetv. Thanks again.
your welcome glad you like it
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-24-2009, 06:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Love the TVE!
Great new look and WAF through the roof!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
Love the TVE!
Phew, at first read I thought you said because of TVE you threw your Wife through the roof, that wasn't anywhere in razrsharpes changelog!!!

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 09-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
Love the TVE!
thankyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Phew, at first read I thought you said because of TVE you threw your Wife through the roof, that wasn't anywhere in razrsharpes changelog!!!
hehe.. dbone made a funny
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-26-2009, 07:38 AM
SageTVaholic

@razrsharpe: Just wanted to say I managed to install this without any issues whatsoever and it absolutely ROCKS! I can't believe I waited so long to install this. Easy to install, easy to configure and a very slick interface... what more could we ask for?
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 09-26-2009, 10:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
@razrsharpe: Just wanted to say I managed to install this without any issues whatsoever and it absolutely ROCKS! I can't believe I waited so long to install this. Easy to install, easy to configure and a very slick interface...
thanks... glad you like it and that its working for you

Quote:
what more could we ask for?
solutions to all the bugs and feature requests cataloged here
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Sage User

Duplicate Fanart on new recordings

I have looked everywhere and tried everything to fix this with no success. This just started a couple of days ago. Every show that records is using the same fanart data and images from the previous recorded show. I try to change it and update metadata in TVE and it wont let me select anything but the previous recorded show's fanart. I have looked in the fanart folder for each show and it does have the correct images.

Thank you.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbellush View Post
I have looked everywhere and tried everything to fix this with no success. This just started a couple of days ago. Every show that records is using the same fanart data and images from the previous recorded show. I try to change it and update metadata in TVE and it wont let me select anything but the previous recorded show's fanart. I have looked in the fanart folder for each show and it does have the correct images.

Thank you.
mmmm... havent seen this yet... questions
-sagetv version?
-sagemc version? (is it the the new one... 6.3.9_b12 ... there is some issues with sagemc/tve compatibility that i havent had time to track down yet... but i dont think it should effect fanart display
-bmt version?
-phoenix.api version?
-does the default vid library / tv screens exhibit the same behavior?

anybody else seeing this?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
mmmm... havent seen this yet... questions
-sagetv version?
-sagemc version? (is it the the new one... 6.3.9_b12 ... there is some issues with sagemc/tve compatibility that i havent had time to track down yet... but i dont think it should effect fanart display
-bmt version?
-phoenix.api version?
-does the default vid library / tv screens exhibit the same behavior?

anybody else seeing this?

I am using:
sagetv version 6.6.2.218
sagemc 6.3.9a
bmt version 3.1
phoenix.jar version 1.42

I am not sure what you mean by default vid library/tv screens? Are you talking default sagemc?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clip.jpg (220.9 KB, 230 views)
Old 09-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I am using:
sagetv version 6.6.2.218
sagemc 6.3.9a
bmt version 3.1
phoenix.jar version 1.42
all seems good (thats pretty much what im running too).. did you by happen install bmt 3.0.3 before 3.1? that bmt build had problems and corrupted metadata and fanart if the automatic plugin was enabled....
Quote:
I am not sure what you mean by default vid library/tv screens? Are you talking default sagemc?
yes, i mean the sagemc default video library (My Videos) and tv screens (My TV). is the fanart as expected in those menus?

Does the BMT web ui match the correct fanart to a particular media file? Use the browse feature... find a mediafile that is wrong in tve.. then look at its associated fanart... is that correct?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-27-2009, 10:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Is there a way to show the episode number in the episode list?

If it's not, is it on the "todo" list? The reason I'd find this useful is when we take some time off from a series and forget where we left off, we're usually left wondering whether or not we have all the episodes, in sequence. With the frequent gaps between episodes/seasons, simply seeing the airing date may not be telling you the entire story.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Sage User

[QUOTE=yes, i mean the sagemc default video library (My Videos) and tv screens (My TV). is the fanart as expected in those menus?
[/QUOTE]

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I get back to the default sagemc as referenced above?

Thanks
Old 09-27-2009, 11:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance, but how do I get back to the default sagemc as referenced above?

Thanks
Go to the Advanced or Settings screen in SageMC, then you want SageTV Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Advanced. On the right, you'll most likely see "Reload last custom STV: SageMC_169.xml". Click "Reload", answer "Yes", and you should be back to stock SageMC.

On the off chance that the last custom STV listed is NOT SageMC, then under "SageTV Application Package", click where it says "SageTV3.xml" and then browse to the original SageMC file you first imported (most likely SageMC_169.xml, as I mentioned earlier). Answer "Yes" when prompted and you should be good to go.

An easier method is to edit the Sage.properties or Sageclient.properites (if running client/server config) where it says:

Code:
STV=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMC_169-3.xml
In your properties file, just change the filename at the end to SageMC_169.xml and you'll be good to go.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Go to the Advanced or Settings screen in SageMC, then you want SageTV Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Advanced. On the right, you'll most likely see "Reload last custom STV: SageMC_169.xml". Click "Reload", answer "Yes", and you should be back to stock SageMC.

On the off chance that the last custom STV listed is NOT SageMC, then under "SageTV Application Package", click where it says "SageTV3.xml" and then browse to the original SageMC file you first imported (most likely SageMC_169.xml, as I mentioned earlier). Answer "Yes" when prompted and you should be good to go.

An easier method is to edit the Sage.properties or Sageclient.properites (if running client/server config) where it says:

Code:
STV=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMC_169-3.xml
In your properties file, just change the filename at the end to SageMC_169.xml and you'll be good to go.
Thanks for the response. When I do that, I get the following (see attachement) when I go to TV Explorer. Do I need to somehow edit sage menu property file?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clip.jpg (184.2 KB, 208 views)
Old 09-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks for the response. When I do that, I get the following (see attachement) when I go to TV Explorer. Do I need to somehow edit sage menu property file?
yes thats because you loaded the default sagemc and tvexplorer is not imported yet, so its expected that it won't find TV Explorer. Yes you can edit the Sagemc_menu.xml file to add back in My TV or try one of the options below:

1. go back to your customized stv.
  2. Getting to the stock tv screens you have the following choices
    1. navigate to TVE Options -> Links -> My TV
    2. use the link in your menu if you have not deleted it.
    3. add the My TV Link back to your customized sagemc_menu.xml
    4. restore the sagemc_menu.xml to the original. make a backup of your current one, and copy the one from the sagemc install zip
option 3 and 4 require you to restart sagetv
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 09-27-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Is there a way to show the episode number in the episode list?

If it's not, is it on the "todo" list? The reason I'd find this useful is when we take some time off from a series and forget where we left off, we're usually left wondering whether or not we have all the episodes, in sequence. With the frequent gaps between episodes/seasons, simply seeing the airing date may not be telling you the entire story.
navigate to TVE Options -> Episode -> Season/Episode Display -> Always

TVE will then display the season/episode number if and only if they exist. The EPG (at least in the US) does not include the season episode number... the easiest way to get them is use BMT and update the mediafile's metadata.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-27-2009, 09:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
navigate to TVE Options -> Episode -> Season/Episode Display -> Always

TVE will then display the season/episode number if and only if they exist. The EPG (at least in the US) does not include the season episode number... the easiest way to get them is use BMT and update the mediafile's metadata.
Woo-Hoo! Awesome! I looked everywhere for this and nothing sounded like what I was searching for. Perhaps adding just a little "#" symbol might help: Season/Episode # Display? Or, in the description might be better: Display Season/Episode # information (SxE) when available. Now that you told me, it makes perfect sense and I can't believe I didn't get it, but I read that during my search and it just didn't hit me for some reason.

Maybe I'm just dense. LOL! Thanks for the hand-holding!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Woo-Hoo! Awesome! I looked everywhere for this and nothing sounded like what I was searching for. Perhaps adding just a little "#" symbol might help: Season/Episode # Display? Or, in the description might be better: Display Season/Episode # information (SxE) when available. Now that you told me, it makes perfect sense and I can't believe I didn't get it, but I read that during my search and it just didn't hit me for some reason.

Maybe I'm just dense. LOL! Thanks for the hand-holding!
no worries... this is what happens when the programmer self documents everything... things are explained badly, etc... ill add it the feature requests so i don't forget
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-28-2009, 02:09 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm now having issues getting imported TV to show up in TVE. BMT has the metadata populated perfectly. I believe I turned on all the options which were required to get the imported shows to display in TVE, but I either missed something or screwed something up during install. Any ideas?