SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellweber View Post
I think I am running all the latest versions of Sage, SageMC and BMT but for some reason I cannot seem to select any of the options except "Close" in the TVE Options screen. Also, as you can see in the attached, it looks wierd too.
Indeed that does look "strange". What SageMC theme are you running? Any other STVi's or customizations. Can you do me a favor and load up a completely blank SageMC (default), running the default theme and try that? Indeed the options menu does not look right. When you highlight the left pane of options (Main, Fanart, Browser, etc) does the text on the right change at all. A lot of the code for the options menu relies on the SageMC option code... It is conceivable that another import could have mucked with that (although i think unlikely)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the quick response. I have loaded the default theme and only TVE STVi added to SageMC and I see the same bogus options display. As I move through the left pane items I see various entries (but only one at a time) in the right pane, probably the first item in each catagory. I can move through the right pane items in some cased but I am unable to select any of them.

I did have some trouble with figuring out how to partition BMT between my server and client so I suspect I have something missing on the client but I can't figure out what it is.

My default configuration uses a variant of Sage Pro MC theme and I also use for SageMC_MaloreMenus, Netflix_SageMC, Toolbar_SageMC and iMovies STVis.

Client: Sage 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_15, Win XP Pro sp3, Asus A8N5X, Athlon 64 3500+, 1 GB RAM, Asus Silent nVidia 8400GS, WD 250 GB SATA for OS and local storage, Sanyo PLV-Z4 1280x720 LCD

Sage HD300 with Sony KDL40XBR9 and Sony HTCT100 Soundbar
Old 08-17-2009, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

can you send me the full .xml so i can take a look (default plus TVE)?

looking at your software versions again... one possible culprit could be the java version... I notice you are on version 6 update 4. The current release is version 6 update 14. I cant say for sure that is the problem (ive only tested on v6u13 and v6u14), but its probably worth a system backup, uninstall java, and reinstall the latest version.

If you zip up the .xml i can see how it runs on my system.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

pm sent, file zipped!

Thanks!

Client: Sage 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_15, Win XP Pro sp3, Asus A8N5X, Athlon 64 3500+, 1 GB RAM, Asus Silent nVidia 8400GS, WD 250 GB SATA for OS and local storage, Sanyo PLV-Z4 1280x720 LCD

Sage HD300 with Sony KDL40XBR9 and Sony HTCT100 Soundbar
Old 08-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Sage Icon

Any chance there's a new version coming with some of the bug fixes you've probably made? I'm addicted to this import even though I always hated malore's menus. I gotta have my fix.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Any chance there's a new version coming with some of the bug fixes you've probably made? I'm addicted to this import even though I always hated malore's menus. I gotta have my fix.
Rather then doing the little bug fixes and releasing an intermediate build i went all out and started reworking the menu, etc. As you can imagine thats alot easier said then done and im still have alot to go. Also between vacation, summer, and work I haven't been coding that much recently. So in short there is definitely a new version in the works and its coming along nicely, but there is no ETA yet about when it will be released.

ps - I will probably release an intermediary build before i have all the advanced filtering/searching worked out that includes the new UI and some of the bug fixes that have been identified.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the update. I guess I'll have to get my fix on new customizations elsewhere for now. I'll still be looking for this one though. There's just so much good stuff coming with Phoenix, Ortus, SMW and this. I just love using Sage these days.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
ps - I will probably release an intermediary build before i have all the advanced filtering/searching worked out that includes the new UI and some of the bug fixes that have been identified.
Any chance of posting a screencap of the new UI once you've got it to a state where you can do that?

Don't want to sound desperate or anything...
Old 08-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Any chance of posting a screencap of the new UI once you've got it to a state where you can do that?
Ask and you shall receive
still a work in progress... Its pretty similar to the last screen shot i posted a while back. still working out all the navigation to the "options" menu etc...

Info can be expanded for long descriptions... still working out the navigation for displaying the "other" information... File, Airing info, etc

I have the create and start a playlist working... seems to work really well. You have the option to:
  • play the whole group (from the first element - top of the table, in the order of the episode list)
  • play from the focused group (in the order of the episode list)
  • play from the last watched.. figures out the last watched episode in the episode list and plays from there (or the next one if that episode is watched() ).. sorted by original airing date
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TVE sneak peak 1.jpg (114.4 KB, 363 views)
File Type: jpg TVE sneak peak 2.jpg (121.4 KB, 363 views)
File Type: jpg TVE sneak peak 3.jpg (142.4 KB, 339 views)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
still a work in progress...
Those screens look awesome! Nice Work.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

That looks great! I'm loving the new play screen with the added group play ability.

Does the "Season" sidebar also scroll up and down for those shows with lots of seasons?

Can't wait to try this out.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Fantastic screen shots. Cant wait to try it out.
Is there any way to filter so that it only includes imported Videos and not recorded TV?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 08-19-2009, 05:34 AM
Sage Icon

@Peter_h - Yes the season sidebar scrolls for big tables

@redman - yes you can filter out recorded TV. To do that in TVE1.0 go to Filters (on options panel) -> Filters -> Imported TV -> Include -> Set & Close. All the filters are exclusive filters so by including Imported TV you are excluding all other TV. To make the filter choice stick (when reentering TVE) go to TVE Options -> Main -> Clear Filters on menu load -> Disabled.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Wow! Thanks for the screencaps razr. That's a quick response! It looks great. Now I can at least visualize what I'm excited about.

It looks great. Keep up the good work, and let me know if I can be of any assistance.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Any chance of getting this ported to the default STV? I'm willing to help....

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Any chance of getting this ported to the default STV? I'm willing to help....
Right now i don't have plans to. I rely on SageMC in quite a few places (options menu, icon display, menu links, options menus, and a bunch of other places,) so a fair amount of it would need to be relinked or hard coded. Not to mention the fact of the headaches involved in maintaining two separate installations. That being said, an enterprising person could give porting it over a whirl and I will offer assistance/help/etc.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Sage User

Great work on 1.0, the next release looks even better! One thing i must bring up is sorting imported tv. Unless i am missing something, it is randomly sorting my imported tv. Its definately not sorting them in numerical order.

Is there something i am missing? If not, possible feature?
Old 08-24-2009, 05:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdcursed View Post
Great work on 1.0, the next release looks even better! One thing i must bring up is sorting imported tv. Unless i am missing something, it is randomly sorting my imported tv. Its definately not sorting them in numerical order.

You must be using BMT to get the metadata for imported tv. It should be pulling the original airing date which is what TVE sorts by if you have your sorting set to that or it can sort by season and episode number also pulled by bmt.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdcursed View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
You must be using BMT to get the metadata for imported tv. It should be pulling the original airing date which is what TVE sorts by if you have your sorting set to that or it can sort by season and episode number also pulled by bmt.
I assume BMT is setup correctly and pulling down season/episode and original air date information. If you are sorting by original air date or season/episode there is a bug in 1.0 where if two or more episodes originally aired on the same day those episodes could end up being sorted wrong. (Is that what you are seeing???) This is already fixed in my dev code. The season/episode sort sorts the episodes in the exact same manner as Original Air Date hence the bug is in both. The bug only effects imported TV, Sage recorded TV is not effected.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hey razrsharpe,

Is there a way for it to put the double digit seasons after the single digits? Right now, when I sort by season-episode, it displays the order as, 1, 10, 11, 2, 3, .... I would like it to be 1, 2, 3, ...10, 11.

Thanks,
Peter