SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Blueray backup, only one title?

Sorry for the vague title to this post, but I did not know the correct term for this problem. I purchased Watchmen directors Cut today and backed it up to my server with ANYDVD HD. When I play it on the HD200 in extender mode, all it shows is the directors cut. Is there a way to choose which title I want to watch?

Basically I would like to watch it the first time without (director) interruptions.

Perhaps this is a known issue already.

Last edited by simonen; 07-21-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:20 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't believe there is in raw rip form. The Blu-Ray rip playback is limited as is, and simply plays what it determines to be the main feature. In the meantime, you'r best bet might be to use TSMuxer or similar to remux the stream you want into another container, and just play it back as a file. Save some space, if you aren't going to be using the special features/menus on the disk anyways.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-22-2009, 03:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

It sounds like you may be getting the wrong default audio track selected.

Have you tried playing it and then pressing the options button, and from there selecting a different audio track?

You should be able to select the DTS one - I see you have an AV receiver. As long as you have the optical cable going from your HD200 to the receiver you should be able to hear it.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Well, it is not the audio track that is the problem. About every 2-5 minutes, the movie switches over to the director (video and audio).

I am trying to use Ripbot264 to isolate the stream I am looking for, but that isn't working for me.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

So I guess the correct terminology would be that Sage is choosing the wrong playlist for this movie. I assume that it looks for the one with the longest run time, but in this case, it is not the main movie. I was able to use Tsmuxer to isolate the correct stream and merge all the m2ts files into one. It might be nice if Sage could give the option to choose the playlist you wish to use.

Maybe I will keep only the right playlist in the folder and see what happens, just for curiosities sake.

UPDATE: Leaving only the one playlist did the trick.

Last edited by simonen; 07-22-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had the same problem as well with Watchmen. I ended up using BDinfo to pick the right playlist and then used ClownBD which essentially uses eac3to and tsmuxer to just extract the playlist you want. ClownBD works well with the blurays that have multiple streams as it joins it automatically.
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD
Old 08-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Sage Expert

Lately, I've been using anydvd to rip to the harddrive and then using BD Info against the ripped to identify the playlist and m2ts files to keep. Then I just delete all the other playlist files and m2ts files from the rip on my hardrive.

The results all play fine on my HD100s.