SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Were you entering OBC values higher than 63, or repeating the values yourself? Is the "OBC>63" box checked on the setup page next to the device you are using? I'm not sure why you have the same values for different buttons, but that is why SageTV sees them as being the same code.

Are there really more than 64 buttons you are assigning values to? If so, then use a 2nd device with the same system code on the Setup page & check the "OBC>63" box only for the 2nd one -- you will then be able to enter values from 64 to 127 in the OBC field.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

For some reason when I enter a number above 32ish it starts back to 0 again. I think I will try another protocol, something like RCA just as first guess. That one let me type any number I wanted for the whole list (~50 commands). I will see if that works with IRman and SageTV when I get home.
Thank You

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 07-15-2004, 12:57 PM
Administrator

I just updated my RM to version 0.99 & looked at your posted image -- you've got the OBC>63 option checked, so it is expecting those values to be > 63 and will not let you enter lower numbers. If you do, it will map them to the upper range instead. Do not check that box unless you want to use the values 64-127. If you want to use values 0-127, you have to have 2 devices on the setup page:

Device 1 - Some system code value (28 in your case) and DO NOT check the OBC>63 box.

Device 2 - The same system code value and DO check the OBC>63 box.

Then, on the Functions page, you can choose which device to use when you want to use the 0-63 or 64-127 ranges of OBC values.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ahh! I see you have to change the device in the Functions page too! Ahh! I am seeing the light!
Lets give that a try then. Thanks again

Old 07-16-2004, 05:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK Opus4. I tried it out last night and everything works like a charm now. WAF up 2 points!
Thank you for your assistance

Old 12-25-2004, 11:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

mx-700 help

I just got my mx-700 for christmas and I am having a little difficulty with the programing

I followed you instructions and the remot works but I dont understand how to add commands. I am not able to bring up the guide or the menu could you please explain how to set the menu button to bring up the menu on sage as an example or if you have an updated setup for your mx-700 could i have it. I would appreciate any help you could give me

Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2004, 04:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

ok after my wife left me alone for a little while I think I got it I did not think the learning would work but so far so good
Old 12-25-2004, 11:00 PM
Administrator

BTW: I think that original MX-700 file used keystroke commands -- you might want to look into converting the ini file to send event codes via Windows messages, as described in this post. Obviously, you won't be able to use the ini files attached there, but you could use the info in them to customize your current ini file. It is so much nicer to be able to control SageTV regardles of focus.

Oh -- and don't forget to make a backup copy of your ini, since it could be overwritten if you reinstall the Hauppauge IR software or SageTV.

- Andy
Old 12-26-2004, 07:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

thanks I will give it shot
Old 01-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Way to modify the irremote.ini instead of the actual remote control?

Any information on modifying the System Code to something other than 31?

I have a One For All remote that is pretty old and doesn't have a JP1 port. Would there be a way to set the VCR button to something like "Sony" and then change the system code in irremote.ini to the number that Sony uses?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:04 PM
Administrator

The instructions/docs for irremote.ini already talk about how to use other RC5 system codes. But, the IR receiver is not a universal receiver, so it can only decode the RC5 protocol (and RC6 for some of the newer cards).

If a remote is emitting RC% but you don't know the system code number (0-31), then you would ahve to do some trial & error. I believe how to do that is covered in the docs too.

- Andy
Old 05-11-2006, 01:03 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
-Opus 4
I have a Sony tv with a remote that lets me control dvd players and sat/cable boxes. I am not sure if it sends RC5 commands. I do know that I can program the DVD button for Phllips devices if that means anything. Do you know off hand if I am wasting my time trying to get this remote to work with the hauppauge reciever?
Old 05-11-2006, 07:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Phillips DVD players usually use RC-6 signals for their remote controls. Sony universal remotes probably have the capability to send RC-5. The trick is how you plan on getting that information IN the remote. JP1, for instance, allows you to configure the remote for protocols and signals. Without that, I'm not sure how you'd plan on programming your remote.

Just to be sure, post the model of the TV and the remote. Can do more research knowing that, at least. Still might be able to help.

If of interest to anyone, including latest JP1 and IRRemote.ini files. Many have thanked me for the files, and figured I'd share them since I'm here. Also, always a good idea to have an offsite backup, even though some of devices aren't mine any more.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20060511-JP1-ToonGal.zip (13.9 KB, 975 views)
File Type: zip 20060511-Irremote-ToonGal.zip (7.4 KB, 732 views)
Old 05-11-2006, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
I have a Sony tv with a remote that lets me control dvd players and sat/cable boxes. I am not sure if it sends RC5 commands. I do know that I can program the DVD button for Phllips devices if that means anything. Do you know off hand if I am wasting my time trying to get this remote to work with the hauppauge reciever?
I would have no idea. The only way to know for sure is to do a whole bunch of trial and error w/various device codes while debug.txt is loaded in Notepad & in focus. I think I cover that in the irremote.ini docs. (As long as the remote doesn't have a limit regarding how many times it will let you change a device code...)

- Andy
Old 05-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Sage Icon

The TV is the KDF-60XS955, the remote for it is RM-Y915.

As far as using the debug.txt and irremote.ini files; I read thru the docs, but one thing I am not sure about is adding the remote to the .ini file in the 1st place. Other remotes are defined in that .ini file. Do I not have to somehow define my remote to start with, or can I just open the debug.txt file with my irremote.ini file the way it is and just try codes?
Old 05-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Administrator

The ini docs zip file (from link #1 in mysig lines) contains a files named "How to extend irremote-ini.txt". Towards the bottom of the file is a set of steps for trying to use a non-programmable universal remote.

- Andy
Old 05-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
The ini docs zip file (from link #1 in mysig lines) contains a files named "How to extend irremote-ini.txt". Towards the bottom of the file is a set of steps for trying to use a non-programmable universal remote.

- Andy
Ok, thanks. It has been awhile since I have read everything so I either forgot that part or somehow missed it. I'll give it another read thru tonight. I really hope I can get it to work!
Old 12-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal View Post
If of interest to anyone, including latest JP1 and IRRemote.ini files. Many have thanked me for the files, and figured I'd share them since I'm here. Also, always a good idea to have an offsite backup, even though some of devices aren't mine any more.
ToonGal, are you still using your JP1 remote? I recently bought a couple and am using your upgrade files that you so graciously posted a while back. Thank you!

Your upgrade is working very well for me with one exception.

I have two URC-8820 remotes that I am using to control SageTV through IR.exe and the Hauppage IR reciever that came with my HVR-1600. I am using the other with a MediaMVP. Your upgrade works perfectly with my MediaMVP.

However, when using the upgrade on the remote to control SAGETV on my PC, the "Guide" button seems to repeat as if I had pushed the button twice. It does not do this with each press but it seems to randomly happen about 50% of the time. This does not seem to happen with the MediaMVP.

Do you have any idea what's going on or how to fix this?