SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-06-2009, 12:17 AM

Sage TV new installation menu screen black?

Hello, I hope I am posting in the right forum. This is my first post. I am having trouble with a new installation. When I start the program the splash screen appears, several messages appear in the status bar at the bottom of the splash screen, the final message is, "user interface manager is initializing", then the splash screen closes, a window opens, Sage TV in the title bar, the contents of the window is black, and that is all I get. All I can do from here is exit the window. I tried to look at other posts and FAQ's first but I 'm not finding anything. Initially I installed the trial version, then purchased the program from online store. I have tried a "clean" install as recommmended in other posts, uninstall, delete the folder, then reinstall several times but the results are the same every time. From what I have read Sage TV is a pretty good program, I am anxious to get it working. Hope someone can help me, I have put in many hours trying to get this running and I am out of ideas.

Sean

Abit AV8, AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, 2GB PC3200, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS, Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM Combo, D-Link WDA-2320 RangeBooster G Desktop Adapter, VIA SATA RAID Controller, Memorex 52MAXX 3252AJ, PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D, Maxtor 60GB EIDE, Maxtor 120GB EIDE, Maxtor 300 GB SATA, Western Digital 1 Terabyte.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Make sure your DirectX installation & video card drivers are up to date. Check for a Java update too.

You can try disabling 3D acceleration by manually editing the sage.properties file w/a plain text editor & setting ui/accelerated_rendering=false. If that fixes it, then a DirectX or video card driver update should fix it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:42 PM

Andy, Thanks for responding so quickly. After reading through the forums I already did update Java, version "1.6.0_13" . I will check your other recommendations and apply as needed. Thanks again. Will post results shortly.

Sean
Old 06-06-2009, 06:49 PM

Andy, After playing around a bit with Java I figured out the display driver somehow got corrupted. I uninstalled the display adaptor, rebooted, let xp rediscover the adaptor, reinstalled the driver and problem solved. Thank you for your insight, it led me in the right direction. Now I will continue with the configuration...... Lets see other trouble I can get into. Thanks again

Sean
Abit AV8, AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, 2GB PC3200, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS, Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 , D-Link WDA-2320 RangeBooster G Desktop Adapter, VIA SATA RAID Controller, Memorex 52MAXX 3252AJ, PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D, Maxtor 60GB EIDE, Maxtor 120GB EIDE, Maxtor 300 GB SATA, Western Digital 1 Terabyte.XP PRO sp3, Antec case

Last edited by SeanMD; 06-06-2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Tags
black menu, installation