SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:25 AM
Sage User

help

hi just got a dvb s2 sat card to go along side my dvb t which is only one tunner this is my issuses hope it can be done anyway here is my issuses when i have tunned both cards i can see channels twice coz freesat also has some freeview channels aswell so when i goto the guide i see this eg:BBC ONE which is the freeview card also BBC 1 London which is on freesat card Now i dont want duplicate names in the tv guide i only want say BBC ONE and combine the freesat cards freeview channels to the freeview cards freeview channels in the tv guide any idea
Old 05-15-2009, 06:58 AM

this thread might help...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17566
Old 05-16-2009, 04:52 AM
Sage User

thanks but its no good can not be done in sagetv its a same that everythink i wanted to do i cant in this software eg can have tv series setup like seasons and episode with banner like on theTVDB cant play m2ts files with dolby true hd u must convert it to ac3 can have two differnt tunner ie freeview and freesat and combine the same channels together for tv guide hmm i ask the same questions on the mediaportal fourm and they said yes to everythink so i think i try that sage at the mo has nothink going for it same
Old 05-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakey View Post
thanks but its no good can not be done in sagetv... can have two differnt tunner ie freeview and freesat and combine the same channels together for tv guide
Yes it can, read that link. Lots of us have this working, in my case 4xDVBT tuners, 2xDVB-S, all presented in a combined EPG.

Quote:
can have tv series setup like seasons and episode with banner like on theTVDB
Recording seasons/episodes is exactly what its for and again works perfectly well. Your problem is the quality of guide data. Over-the-air or Radio Times data is not great. Read the thread on Digiguide in the UK forum, their data is excellent.

Quote:
cant play m2ts files with dolby true hd u must convert it to ac3
Don't know about that one. I rip blu-ray to ISO and playback in Powerdvd, launched from Sage.

Mediaportal is pretty good but last time I looked, it was nowhere near as stable as Sage.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Sage User

thx for clearing up about the guide issuses i have can u help me with the tv series setup coz i have riped my dvd box sets of smallville to avi's i would like to see banners and seasons cover art ect in sagetv like the mediaportal plugin is this possible?
Old 05-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Sage User

hi markss just read that link, like and i cant get it to work where i have freesat card nova dvb s2 freeview channels maped to the nova 500t its channels in the tvguide u have 4 dvbt tunners and 2 dvbs tunners so u have say bbc one six times in the all the cards freq files so do u have bbc one in your guide six times? coz i cant get it to work anyway thx for your help
Old 05-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
..... so u have say bbc one six times in the all the cards freq files so do u have bbc one in your guide six times? ...
No, only once. Essentially, even if you have 6 tuners with the same channel, if the channel name and number are exactly the same, the channel only appears once in the EPG.

After doing the scans you end up with say BBC on 56 on card and BBC on 34 on another.

You will also have BBC on 101 from the EPG xmltv data.

What you have to do is go to channel setup for each tuner and remap the BBC from 56 to 101 and from 34 to 101 respectively. This will give you BBC on 101.