SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 05-02-2003, 10:12 AM
Sage User

Local Cable Listings

How come i can go to the Zap2It website and pull up my local cable listing for my zipcode but SageTv wont give me the option to download the listing? The only download options i recieve are for Dishnetwork, DirectTv, and Local Broadcast. I am really interested in using this program instead of maually setting up my recording times for shows within my Hauppauge PVR250 software. Any info would be appreciated...thanx.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:37 AM
Sage

Please read this page on our website, it'll tell you more about that:

http://www.freytechnologies.com/service.html

If you're outside of the service area, you may be able to make use of an EPG plugin. Here's a thread that talks more about that:

http://sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43

Thanks

Thanks
Old 05-03-2003, 10:17 PM
Sage User

If SageTv gets its EPG information from Zap2it and my local cable is listed there then why cant i use it? I guess thats what im really looking for an answer to. Im currently testing SageRecorder and im very pleased with it and will be purchaseing it if its not possible to get the correct EPG data for SageTv. One more question which has nothing to do with the EPG...where can i find some information on setting up two PVR250 cards to record at the same time?
Old 05-03-2003, 10:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Wanderin - did you follow the links Jeff pointed you to? If you had, you would see that Frey has purchased a package of Service Regions that is somewhat less than their "full lineup". Presumably, this has saved Frey and their customers some money. Let's hope interest grows in Sage in order to allow Frey to extend their "subscription" to include your area...

In the meantime, there are a couple of options for you. One involves choosing a region which is currently supported and mapping the stations in common with your own area. The other option involves a plug-in which "scrapes" the listings from the Web (see references to "XMLTV").

Following these links, you should find all the info you need...
Old 05-04-2003, 10:18 AM
Sage

Wanderin, for using 2 cards. It's pretty easy, just install them and then they'll both appears as capture options in SageRecorder. I can give you more details if you have a specific question.