SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
That would be correct. I knew stuckless changed the actor API but I didn't want to change it in smw and break everyone who was not using that high of Phoenix API. As suggested by razor the best would be to go back Phoenix builds until I get to changing it.

I have a list of small fixes like this I plan on releasing a patch for but waiting for a couple of things to pan out.

Cheers
Thanks all. I will roll back through phoenix API versions and post what I find. On the other hand I'm much more interested in your MM and Ortus projects so don't think twice about this. I can live without David Hasselhof's mug on my screen... for now.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader View Post
What do you think needs upgrading:
SageTV: 6.6.2.218
Java: 1.6.0_18
SageMC STV: 6.3.9a
sagemc.jar: 6.38
df_sageutils.jar: 2.2
phoenix.jar: 1.43
make sure you running the latest sagemc prerelease and phoenix api v1.44 (before installing smw or anyother plugins). You can get them both here.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Sage User

FWIW when I drop phoenix.jar 1.44 into my config (a few posts above), I lose fanart posters on the wall. Please let us know if 1.44 works for you (particularly actor/director/writer images). I'm not opposed to rolling back other plugins. Thanks!
Old 03-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
make sure you running the latest sagemc prerelease and phoenix api v1.44 (before installing smw or anyother plugins). You can get them both here.
Done. Worked like a charm -- 'File System' sorting mode works.

I spent 20 mins clicking my remote and while it is fresh in memory I'll write down my notes (HP = SMW homepage, WS = movie wall screen (in any mode), DS = drill-down screen):
1. SortMode is nearly impossible to change -- from HP select another sortmode, you'll end up in WS, now press 'back' -- you'll end up in HP with previous value of sortmode set. :-) Maybe has something to do with WS style I am using ("wall" in my case)
2. Some of my movies have a "green tick" placed against title in 'List' WS -- what does it mean?
3. What happened to Groups? I can add movie to a custom group, but how to browse particular group in SMW? Are "tags" supposed to be a replacement for "groups" concept? If yes -- how I can tag a movie?
4. again about 'Back' button:
4.1. in FileSystem sortmode you can drill many levels down according to your directory structure. First level is served by WS, all subsequent levels -- by DS. But in DS if you press 'Back' -- you end up in WS at the top level. Inconvenient and confusing (especially if WS and DS work in the same mode)
4.2. if you press Enter on a movie -- it'll open some popup with info about that movie. Back button will close it and you'll stay where you were. Confusing, especially considering that when you pressed Enter -- you have not left your current screen -- up and down buttons still work with *that* screen, I have to explicitly press Stop to move focus to scrollable text in info area.
5. After I installed latest beta sagemc STV + phoenix api, my "Fanart" search button became replaced with "ref>>{STUCKLESS-7940}". I have a feeling that to sort that I'll need to install another beta -- this time BMT 4.0 :-) Can you confirm?
6. And final one -- it looks like I am getting better understanding of a 'vision' that lies in SMW's architecture. Please, correct me if I am wrong:
- SMW have three logical layers -- HP (where you look at your library as whole and setup filters), WS (where you have access to filtered movies and shows) and DS (where you could browse given show episodes)
- and therefore anything that does not fit this concept have to be hacked in with undesirable effects (in my case this is FileSystem sorting mode + my multi-level directory structure where movies live)
- to avoid problems it is better to put all movies to the same directory, allowing one extra level of subfolders for TV shows' episodes. But it is quite inconvenient for me -- I have many recordings that have no associated fanart (non-English video), if I follow this approach I end up with too many unnamed black DVD cases on my screen

Michael.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Sage User

Guys, any help with those questions above? I know magic word -- please!

Additional one:
7. I have a TV show on DVD (The Muppet Show) -- how I should name it (and place it) on disk for SMW to treat it as a show with seasons (one DVD per season)?
In fact question can be generalized -- how to organize on disk recordings that related to one theme and should be represented by one entry in SMW (with ability to drill down to individual ones once that entry is selected). Those recordings may or may nor share fanart (but normally do, I guess).

Michael.

Last edited by crusader; 03-18-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Done. Worked like a charm -- 'File System' sorting mode works.

I spent 20 mins clicking my remote and while it is fresh in memory I'll write down my notes (HP = SMW homepage, WS = movie wall screen (in any mode), DS = drill-down screen):
1. SortMode is nearly impossible to change -- from HP select another sortmode, you'll end up in WS, now press 'back' -- you'll end up in HP with previous value of sortmode set. :-) Maybe has something to do with WS style I am using ("wall" in my case)
Sort Modes are not set from the wall screen. If you set a sort/filter from the wall screen it is only valid for that visit to the wall. To change a sort permanently it must be doen from the options menu in the wall itself.
Quote:
2. Some of my movies have a "green tick" placed against title in 'List' WS -- what does it mean?
Watched
Quote:
3. What happened to Groups? I can add movie to a custom group, but how to browse particular group in SMW? Are "tags" supposed to be a replacement for "groups" concept? If yes -- how I can tag a movie?
Tags are setup from within the home screen option menu there is a tagging menu you can use and then use the tag menu item on the homescreen to see those tags.
Quote:
4. again about 'Back' button:
Don't know what you are wanting here back button behaves according to sage's back button behavior.
[/QUOTE]
4.1. in FileSystem sortmode you can drill many levels down according to your directory structure. First level is served by WS, all subsequent levels -- by DS. But in DS if you press 'Back' -- you end up in WS at the top level. Inconvenient and confusing (especially if WS and DS work in the same mode)
[QUOTE]
Don't know what you want here again this is the design of the back button. If you are drilling down multiple times it goes back one folder at a time.
Quote:
4.2. if you press Enter on a movie -- it'll open some popup with info about that movie. Back button will close it and you'll stay where you were. Confusing, especially considering that when you pressed Enter -- you have not left your current screen -- up and down buttons still work with *that* screen, I have to explicitly press Stop to move focus to scrollable text in info area.
That is called info view you can change what the select button does in the options menu. It can play a movie throw up a scrollable info or go into the default or AMIS info view.
Quote:
5. After I installed latest beta sagemc STV + phoenix api, my "Fanart" search button became replaced with "ref>>{STUCKLESS-7940}". I have a feeling that to sort that I'll need to install another beta -- this time BMT 4.0 :-) Can you confirm?
That simple means you don't have the stvi imported for BMT before importing SMW. The latest 4.0 beta is not required and in fact doesn't any longer support the stvi.
Quote:
6. And final one -- it looks like I am getting better understanding of a 'vision' that lies in SMW's architecture. Please, correct me if I am wrong:
- SMW have three logical layers -- HP (where you look at your library as whole and setup filters), WS (where you have access to filtered movies and shows) and DS (where you could browse given show episodes)
- and therefore anything that does not fit this concept have to be hacked in with undesirable effects (in my case this is FileSystem sorting mode + my multi-level directory structure where movies live)
- to avoid problems it is better to put all movies to the same directory, allowing one extra level of subfolders for TV shows' episodes. But it is quite inconvenient for me -- I have many recordings that have no associated fanart (non-English video), if I follow this approach I end up with too many unnamed black DVD cases on my screen
File-system view works as desired for me and many others sorry you don't like it.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:26 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Don't know what you want here again this is the design of the back button. If you are drilling down multiple times it goes back one folder at a time.
Just checked again -- my wall mode is 'wall', drilloing mode -- 'List', sortmode 'FileSytem'. Drilled down to some depth (3 or 4 levels). One stroke of back button brings me back to wall at highest level. Using latest beta.

Quote:
File-system view works as desired for me and many others sorry you don't like it.
:-) It is working very good, my only problem is back button behavior (can it be some glitch that happens only to me?).

Quote:
Better words would be "I do not understand it". How do you structure your recordings on disk? Do you have a directory with all files/dvd images or you have multiple-level subdirectories?

Quote:
That simple means you don't have the stvi imported for BMT before importing SMW.
Hmm... I'lll try to repeat installation steps. I could swear BMT stvi was installed... :-)

Michael.

Last edited by crusader; 03-20-2010 at 01:51 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having a strange problem with SMW. I installed SMW a few months ago when I was trying SageTV, but I moved on for a while. I never got to use SMW on my SageTV client installation as I moved on before I really worked on my client install. I reinstalled SageTV a couple days ago and installed SMW again. I followed the directions as outlined on the SageTV server and it works fine. I did it again on a client and that is where I am having this issue.

On the client, file system view doesn't work. I have my movie folders setup like:

Animated\<movie title>\<movie title>.<ext>
Documentaries\<movie title>\<movie title>.<ext>
HD\<movie title>\<movie title>.<ext>
Images\<movie title>\ripped disc image files (vob/m2ts/mts/etc)
SD\<movie title>\<movie title>.<ext>

In SMW on the client, if I choose the file system view, I see 5 folders but of the 1st movie in that diretory and clicking it takes me to the movie instead of a list of all the movies in the folder.

So for example, on the SageTV server (no problem), in SMW I see:

Animated
Documentaries
HD
Images
SD

and clicking on any of these gives me a list of all the movie folders in that directory. For example, if I click Animated I see:

9 (2009)
A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
A Scooby-Doo! Christmas (2004)
Afro Samurai (2007)
Afro Samurai Resurrection (2009)
Akira (1988)
Aladdin (1992)
Appleseed (Appurushido) (2004)

On the client, upon opening SMW I see:

9 (2009)
An Inconvenient Truth (2006)
27 Dresses (2008)
300 (2006)
45 (2006)

and clicking one of these just gives me the screen for that movie.

Any idea why this is? I am using the newest SageMC pre-release (v24) and the phoenix from that (1.44) which I got here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38221.

Thanks!

Last edited by lash; 03-20-2010 at 08:36 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-21-2010, 01:29 AM
Sage User

lash, something similar happened to me -- had to install latest betas of sagemc and WMC.

I've got another problem plaguing me -- in file system view if all recordings inside a folder have metadata associated with them -- SMW refuses to go inside. It behaves as if this directory is a single recording. O_o

I kind of found a way to workaround this -- reindex entire library. But then, if I regenerate any metadata using BMT stvi -- that particular folder becomes ill again.

Last edited by crusader; 03-21-2010 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Crusader! Quick question what is WMC? I am already running the lastest SageMC, I believe. Pre-release 24 is the latest, right?
Old 03-21-2010, 03:38 AM
Sage User

Oops, time to bed, I guess -- WMC = SMW :-)... mistype
Old 03-21-2010, 04:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Lol . Where can I find the beta version? I am using 4R1.01, is there a newer version?
Old 03-22-2010, 01:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Tried a full reindex via BMT web interface but that didn't fix it. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Sage User

lash, I have re-read your problem -- you've got the same thing... On extender some folders in filesystem mode can't be drilled down. It did help me to reindex everything (via BMT's webUI). But next time I have modified fanart in one of directories using BMT STVi -- that part became ill again. I have no idea what to do with that. :-(
Old 03-22-2010, 06:28 PM
SageTVaholic

does the same problem exist in the default sagemc video library?

Are you guys sure you are running the correct version on the extender?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Sage User

Just checked it:
- on extender
- with SageMC 6.3.9b-24 (latest beta afaik)
- with latest SMW
- SageMovieWallV4R1.01.xml
- folder name "Studio Ghibli" looks fine and can be drilled after executing full library rescan
- then I invoke fanart stvi to find metadata for "Grave of Fireflies" movie inside this directory
- name of movie gets changed to title in Japanese
- then I go up, "Studio Ghibli" changes it's name to aforementioned Japanese name
- and stops being "drillable" -- it behaves as if it *is* that movie

In BMT 'display title' field looks like:
Studio Ghibli/Grave of the Fireflies (1988)/Hotaru no haka

I wonder if this additional slash has something to do with the problem.

P.S. Additional question -- how to use tags in SMW? I understand you could mark movies with tags -- but how to define those tags? right now when I select any of movies in tags screen -- only choice I have is "nothing" and "Movie".

Last edited by crusader; 03-22-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yup sounds like we have a similar problem Crusader.

Thanks for the reply PluckyHD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
does the same problem exist in the default sagemc video library?
No the default library I can't "drill down" fine and I see my folders:

Animated
Documentaries
HD
Images
SD

instead of the first movie in each folder.

Quote:
Are you guys sure you are running the correct version on the extender?
Here is where Crusader and I differ. I am not using an extender, I am using SagevTV client.

Thank you!
Old 03-23-2010, 04:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok I fixed the problem . It required renaming all the main movie folders and running a reindex. I change the names to:

Animated Movies
Documentary Movies
HD Movies
Disc Images
SD Movies.

This allows me to "drill down" and everything behaves as it should . As a bonus, SMW doesn't have the problem I posted about here. So I can have my folder names again .

I did loose all my watched flags, but its a very small price to pay .

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2010, 05:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
P.S. Additional question -- how to use tags in SMW? I understand you could mark movies with tags -- but how to define those tags? right now when I select any of movies in tags screen -- only choice I have is "nothing" and "Movie".
Now your checking my memory

I believe you need to pull up the option menu and give your current tag a name and then start tagging or you can use the search to tag in list type view.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash View Post
Ok I fixed the problem . It required renaming all the main movie folders and running a reindex. I change the names to:

Animated Movies
Documentary Movies
HD Movies
Disc Images
SD Movies.

This allows me to "drill down" and everything behaves as it should . As a bonus, SMW doesn't have the problem I posted about here. So I can have my folder names again .

I did loose all my watched flags, but its a very small price to pay .

Thanks!
Glad to hear you got it working.