SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Sage User

ok then can you tell me if you have mkv and dvd and m2ts movie formats how to you get them to show without keep selecting the filter menu ie mkv and m2ts formats seem to show up only when i have selected non dvd and me ripped dvd only show when i select dvd or dvd and bluray so i want them all together without keep selecting the dam filter all the time
Old 12-22-2009, 11:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakey View Post
ok then can you tell me if you have mkv and dvd and m2ts movie formats how to you get them to show without keep selecting the filter menu ie mkv and m2ts formats seem to show up only when i have selected non dvd and me ripped dvd only show when i select dvd or dvd and bluray so i want them all together without keep selecting the dam filter all the time
as stated before a none filter will show them all. If you change the universal setting to not include tv then you are good to go.

You need to set the filter from the wall itself not the homepage and it will stick.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Sage Icon

the other option is to set up path filter expressions to only show movies that are from a particular import directory... this assumes that all your movies are under one import directory (say \\server\movies) and all your imported tv is another import directory (say \\server\importedtv) ... plucky's method is easier though
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-28-2009, 11:24 PM

Select not playing movies in SMW 4.01

I cannot seem to get a movie to play, or at least the Movie Info screen to come up with SMW. I have the option set to have select "play" and if I toggle it back to "Show Info", when i press enter, the Info bar shows and hides properly.

Navigation works well, I just cannot actually play a movie, which is kinda the point . Any thoughts?

-Sam
Old 12-29-2009, 06:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmclane View Post
I cannot seem to get a movie to play, or at least the Movie Info screen to come up with SMW. I have the option set to have select "play" and if I toggle it back to "Show Info", when i press enter, the Info bar shows and hides properly.

Navigation works well, I just cannot actually play a movie, which is kinda the point . Any thoughts?

-Sam
intersting try hitting play on a movie.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:51 AM

If you mean press the play button on the remote when a movie is high lighted, i have tried that, it does not work either. Neither from the real or web remote.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:24 AM
SageTVaholic

am guessing that a jar or something is not loaded right. I would re extract and make sure you restart the service and reimport on a blank sagemc stv
Old 12-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have been using SMW wall successfully for awhile, I really like it other than being slow to navigate through the screens. However I am now trying to play blu ray rips converted to MKV, so far I have only the one. But it is a test case and I have not been able to get it to play nice in Sage.

It plays perfectly in MPC however, so I configured SageMC to launch MPC for non dvd videos, now MPC launches for all video files regardless. I can live with that, but when I have SMW running it breaks the external program links. Any idea how to get them to coexist?
Old 12-30-2009, 01:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguebert View Post
I have been using SMW wall successfully for awhile, I really like it other than being slow to navigate through the screens. However I am now trying to play blu ray rips converted to MKV, so far I have only the one. But it is a test case and I have not been able to get it to play nice in Sage.

It plays perfectly in MPC however, so I configured SageMC to launch MPC for non dvd videos, now MPC launches for all video files regardless. I can live with that, but when I have SMW running it breaks the external program links. Any idea how to get them to coexist?
1. Slow to naviagate??? Something is right there what is your computer speed and more importantly java heap.

2. This is an issue someone mentioned along time ago and I forgot about it to be honest. please log it on the google code link on the second post of this and I will get it fixed.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
1. Slow to naviagate??? Something is right there what is your computer speed and more importantly java heap.

2. This is an issue someone mentioned along time ago and I forgot about it to be honest. please log it on the google code link on the second post of this and I will get it fixed.
It is a Zotac ION mobo, Atom 330. I did have the Java heap at stock amount so I increased it to 1024mb. I have not had a chance to try SMW again since then. It would all be a moot point if I could get Sage to play MKV rips smoothly. I just cannot get it to work.

2. Will do. Thanks.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Sage User

SMW Installation Help Wanted...

I have some issues with the SMW after installation and have already invested an incredible amount of time trying to work this out but I have to say UNCLE and hope I can find some guidance here (or at least point me in a new direction for material).

1) I have followed the posting in GeekTonic A Digital Home

2) I have the following Software levels:
Sage-6.6.2.218
Java 1.60_17
SageMC 6.3.9a
SageMC.jar 6.38
Phoenix.jar 1.44
SageMovieWall V4R1.01

I have back tracked my installation and believe I have placed the Jars where they belong and the STV's as well in the collect locations.
I am getting videos listed with fanart correctly.

What is not working is the following:

3) Video options screen does not show the following menu items: Add Custom Group/Add to playlist/Generate .my file (I turned the .my option on thinking that would do the trick but no luck)
4) OSD Options: I do NOT get a single item list just ref>>{PRQST-121078XX}
5) View Filter: I do NOT get Play/Search/ or Playlist
6) Edit Options: I do Not get a single item listed just ref>>{PRQST-1202579}
7) I have only 8 movies in the system to start out with but the counter on the bottom shows 3000+, I only have 150 recordings on the system.

This is a BIG request and I don't expect it to be resolved in one setting but if someone could help me with the first bite I think over time this elephant can be eaten.

Thanks in advance for our help and support.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscumming View Post
I have some issues with the SMW after installation and have already invested an incredible amount of time trying to work this out but I have to say UNCLE and hope I can find some guidance here (or at least point me in a new direction for material).

1) I have followed the posting in GeekTonic A Digital Home

2) I have the following Software levels:
Sage-6.6.2.218
Java 1.60_17
SageMC 6.3.9a
SageMC.jar 6.38
Phoenix.jar 1.44
SageMovieWall V4R1.01

I have back tracked my installation and believe I have placed the Jars where they belong and the STV's as well in the collect locations.
I am getting videos listed with fanart correctly.

What is not working is the following:

3) Video options screen does not show the following menu items: Add Custom Group/Add to playlist/Generate .my file (I turned the .my option on thinking that would do the trick but no luck)
4) OSD Options: I do NOT get a single item list just ref>>{PRQST-121078XX}
5) View Filter: I do NOT get Play/Search/ or Playlist
6) Edit Options: I do Not get a single item listed just ref>>{PRQST-1202579}
7) I have only 8 movies in the system to start out with but the counter on the bottom shows 3000+, I only have 150 recordings on the system.

This is a BIG request and I don't expect it to be resolved in one setting but if someone could help me with the first bite I think over time this elephant can be eaten.

Thanks in advance for our help and support.
Hey hang in there this one is actually easy you are missing the gkunsick jar from my zip re extract my zip and reload smw import from the blank sagemc stv and you should be good to go
Old 01-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Sage User

Folder View issue with SMW

Hi Pluckyhd,

First of all my compliments on SMW, coming from VMC it's excellent to come across such a great addon for my videos! As soon as the family saw me testing SMW I wasn't allowed to remove it, even though I hadn't even finished setting it up. Great job!

I think I've worked through most issues, my biggest issue was nothing showing up for "folder view". I updated BMT and made sure I had the latest of everything and I now have my folder view (for Movies & TV) but I seem to be missing the first character of every movie or series (folders and files). Changing the filter to "all videos" instead of "folder view" and everything displays fine. Funny enough the movies and series are all sorted according to their new shorter names as well.

Would you have any idea where I might look to fix this?

I have the following versions installed.
Phoenix 1.56, sagex.api 6.6.2, BMT 3.0 Beta 3, SageMC 6.3.9a and SageTV 6.6.2.218.

Thanks,

Ron
Old 01-04-2010, 10:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfield View Post
Hi Pluckyhd,

First of all my compliments on SMW, coming from VMC it's excellent to come across such a great addon for my videos! As soon as the family saw me testing SMW I wasn't allowed to remove it, even though I hadn't even finished setting it up. Great job!

I think I've worked through most issues, my biggest issue was nothing showing up for "folder view". I updated BMT and made sure I had the latest of everything and I now have my folder view (for Movies & TV) but I seem to be missing the first character of every movie or series (folders and files). Changing the filter to "all videos" instead of "folder view" and everything displays fine. Funny enough the movies and series are all sorted according to their new shorter names as well.

Would you have any idea where I might look to fix this?

I have the following versions installed.
Phoenix 1.56, sagex.api 6.6.2, BMT 3.0 Beta 3, SageMC 6.3.9a and SageTV 6.6.2.218.

Thanks,

Ron
Ron,

Try updating your sagemc to the latest version. I have seen that in the past but not recently.

Also coming from media center you will really like something I have coming
Old 01-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Sage User

PluckyHD,

Thanks for the quick response. Just before I posted my request for help I did update the GLUNSICK jar (to an August level) during my back track and thought that would help me out but no so it may be the part about loading from a blank MC. Ok, I am still confused by this statement even after reading your step by step directions.

I am on sageMC-13 now which does not have a "-1,-2, -n" extention (13-1, 13-2, 13-n) so is my blank MC the "-13"? Or, is the blank the sageMC without numbers, which makes sense to me? I did try the sageMC one time (before changing the GLUNSICK.jar and had to reload the NetFlix plug-in back into the extras page.

Thanks a bunch for your help!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Ron,

Try updating your sagemc to the latest version. I have seen that in the past but not recently.

Also coming from media center you will really like something I have coming
Thank you for the quick reply!

I'll see if I can locate a newer sagemc. I think I've seen a 6.3.9a_46 out there and I'm pretty sure I'm running 6.3.9a_42 (currently at work). I'll let you know how I make out.

I can't wait to see what's coming! I'm sure it will be impressive.

Thanks,

Ron
Old 01-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfield View Post
I'll see if I can locate a newer sagemc.
SageMC 6.3.9b_23 is the newest (released 12/30/09). Can be found here
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
SageMC 6.3.9b_23 is the newest (released 12/30/09). Can be found here
Excellent, Thank you!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Sage User

GKUNSICK Jar'd Me

PluckyHD,

Thanks a bunch, I reloaded from the blank SageMC with the GKUNSICK jar in place (I confirmed it was already there) and that did the trick! I need to take more care with the instructions because each step counts!

Steve
Old 01-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Sage User

Thought I'd post an Update,

I updated sagemc and installed a newer Phoenix jar 1.44. Then I updated BMT to 3.1.

My "folder view" still had the missing first character on the titles. I then manually updated a movie through BMT and the first character appeared. Odd, as the first character appears fine in other views (likely using a different field for the display).

I then did a full scan and library refresh which temporarily fixes the issues but then they all return to missing the first character.

When looking at BMT the metadata field "Display Title" for the items which are not working appear as follows.

"movie name/movie name"

When I do a "Find Metadata" the field changes to "Movie name" and displays properly with all characters, for a while. When I check again later the "Movie name/Movie name" has returned.

I realise that this is now getting completely away from being an issue with SMW as it looks like it's related my BMT.

I think I'll have to dig further into BMT.

Thanks for your help.

Ron