SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Okay you don't got to default setup (detailed) you go to sagetv options import stvi.
Ok, that makes sense! Thanks for the help.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Still plugging along got some questions

people had said in file system view they didn't like the default pulling the first folder and backgroud image from within the group.

I can change that in movie will but it will require two things.

You must have a fanart folder setup up for the main and each subfolder

example

\\tv\freinds
\season one
\season two

you must have matching fanart

\fanartfolder\tv
\friends
\posters
\backgrounds
\friends\season one\
\posters
\backgrounds
Is this what everyone really wants? it will take a little bit of work on my part but not too much

Also what about for the description do you want seperate descriptions for the main folder or do you want to just use the first element inside like it does not. BMT does not set a properties file for the main so you would have to set your own with the description you wanted

cheers
Old 07-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Still plugging along got some questions

\fanartfolder\tv
\friends
\posters
\backgrounds
\friends\season one\
\posters
\backgrounds
I'd like it to go to this level. I don't know how much work it would be, but I'd like to even have backgrounds for individual episodes in the season as well. It would also be neat if BMT would populate them from www.thetvdb.com.

\fanartfolder\tv
\friends
\posters
\backgrounds
\friends\season one\
\posters
\backgrounds
\friends\season one\E01S01\
\posters
\backgrounds

It is much easier for me to determine which episode we watched last (and therefore which one to watch next) using the background pictures. This is the only thing I miss from the default STV (since I had the backgrounds stored as folder.jpg for each episode of each series).

I understand not everyone may want this level, so it would be nice if what level to present was configurable (like everything else in your wall )

If this is too much work, feel free to tell me to take a hike. I love your add on as is, but you asked for input so I'm giving my 2 cents.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Rob great input indeed.

I could take it to that level but then you are really creating allot of manual work for yourself. the season main level is easy but taking it to the episode level wouldn't be that hard to code but would create allot of manual work for yourself.

No that being said it would be easy to get screencaps(thumbnails) for each episode.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Sage Expert

Just kind of thinking out loud here. I''ve only been using the tool a couple of weeks and right now I'm set up to use the main wall view and then when I open a tv series it opens in the list view and then when I select a season it opens in the list view. Maybe I should set it to open up the tv series in the wall view and then the episodes in wall view and then the thumbnails would work. Would that work and if so, where would I store the thumbnails so the wall could get them?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Rob great input indeed.

I could take it to that level but then you are really creating allot of manual work for yourself. the season main level is easy but taking it to the episode level wouldn't be that hard to code but would create allot of manual work for yourself.

No that being said it would be easy to get screencaps(thumbnails) for each episode.
I agree as it does seem to be a lot of manual work. What would you use as the background for each episode, the screencap? The quality on a lot of the screencaps is average at best (at least the ones I have), so I would wonder how much worse the screencaps would look stretched out as a background.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 07-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
The quality on a lot of the screencaps is average at best (at least the ones I have), so I would wonder how much worse the screencaps would look stretched out as a background.
I think your right about the quality...
Old 07-29-2009, 10:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Just kind of thinking out loud here. I''ve only been using the tool a couple of weeks and right now I'm set up to use the main wall view and then when I open a tv series it opens in the list view and then when I select a season it opens in the list view. Maybe I should set it to open up the tv series in the wall view and then the episodes in wall view and then the thumbnails would work. Would that work and if so, where would I store the thumbnails so the wall could get them?
That would work in it's current state yes (in v4 no as thumbnails are no longer supported on the wall)

Stretching them for the background would look terrible but I could make a thubmnail view for those that wanted to use it again I don't know how necessary this is as I use tv explorer now for all my tv. If people want to still use the wall for tv as well definately can look at this things.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:28 AM
SageTVaholic

At this point, I'd recommend instead of trying to take the SMW to the episode level, leave that to TV Explorer. I think the ideal solution would be those episodes showing up in the nice clean episode list of TVE, and not even visible in the SMW (even if they are 'imported'. ) At least I thought this was the preferred direction your guys were taking it.

EDIT: Plucky beat me too it it seems

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-29-2009, 10:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
At this point, I'd recommend instead of trying to take the SMW to the episode level, leave that to TV Explorer. I think the ideal solution would be those episodes showing up in the nice clean episode list of TVE, and not even visible in the SMW (even if they are 'imported'. ) At least I thought this was the preferred direction your guys were taking it.
Yes and the direction I would like to go(version 4 filters out all tv with an option checked)

I started this discussion for more about folder lever backgrounds as I know some people have

lord of the rings
lord of the rings 1
lord of the rings 2
lord of the rings 3

but also know some people won't like the one screen interface of tv explorer (don't know why I love it myself) and prefer it. Some people may like drill down that is why I am asking me and razor really are trying hard not to repeat each others work. My app is definately geared and pushed towards movies while his is geared and pushed towards tv.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Sage Expert

ok, so I was waiting on the next version of the wall to come out to tackle adding on the TVE. Maybe I should explore it.

Are you saing that the imported series like CSI that I have will no longer show on the SMW it will be on the TVE instead? Will the TVE mix sage recorded shows with ripped tv series?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Yes, if the metadata is correct, it will show the recorded and ripped shows in the same grouped structure).. If you haven't seen the TVE screens, or used the malore menus, this might sound cumbersome, but it really is, IMO, the best way to do it.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-29-2009, 10:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
ok, so I was waiting on the next version of the wall to come out to tackle adding on the TVE. Maybe I should explore it.

Are you saing that the imported series like CSI that I have will no longer show on the SMW it will be on the TVE instead? Will the TVE mix sage recorded shows with ripped tv series?
CSI can still show on the wall that is your option in version 4 you can remove it or leave it.

And yes tv will mix with recorded shows or not completely your option. YOu can have it mix or have it just show you tv from your video folders
Old 07-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Sage Expert

I like having all my ripped material show in the wall and the drill down to episode with thumbnails would be neat, but I certainly don't want to cause duplicate effort between SMW and TVE. Obviously it is time for me to explore the TVE.

Did not mean to side track this thread. Just saw the example of "friends" above and ran with it.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I like having all my ripped material show in the wall and the drill down to episode with thumbnails would be neat, but I certainly don't want to cause duplicate effort between SMW and TVE. Obviously it is time for me to explore the TVE.

Did not mean to side track this thread. Just saw the example of "friends" above and ran with it.
Yeah I shouldn't have given a tv example

Let me know your thoughts of TVE if you still want a drilldown I may get to a better thumbnail view at some point in time. I think you will love tve though.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Sage Expert

ok, so maybe I can get thoughts on another idea I've been having. When I sit down to watch a movie, I don't usually search through the wall for a movie to watch. I typically have already decided before I sit down. This is because every few weeks or so I go through my movies and make up a list of ones I want to watch. I use to review them on the server, but now I'll be using your wall . It is kind of like going to the movie theater and looking at the wall that shows the movies that are "coming soon".

Anyway, instead of keeping this list on the side, is there a way to keep it in the movie wall. There may be a way of doing this already that I just don't know about. If not, maybe there could be an option from the movie wall and/or list view that lets you tag a movie as "coming soon". Then there could be a coming soon theme or wall or a filter that shows only the movies that have been tagged. Would also be nice if when a new movie is ripped it automatically is tagged as coming soon.

Thoughts?
Old 07-29-2009, 11:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
ok, so maybe I can get thoughts on another idea I've

Thoughts?
There is no watched/unwatched for dvds But you can filter by dateadded which should show news one first

as for tagging the new tagging option will allow easy tagging for whatever you want to call it. and it will group like categories does currently.

the only downfall is you will have to untag it after watching it.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Sage Expert

Sounds good.

I'm looking forward to your new release.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Rob

SageMC has a queue function that works well for what you want to do, but not sure how that will translate into the SMW.

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro
Old 07-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Quote:
Yes and the direction I would like to go(version 4 filters out all tv with an option checked)
it looks like im late to this party but just wanted to chime in here that yes that is the direction I would like to go. TVE takes care of TV (recorded and imported) and SMW takes care of movies ...
Check out TVExplorer