SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:48 PM
SageTVaholic

sorry for the misunderstanding.. I was not intending it to check for these files every time. I was talking about a seperate routine (one-time) that would run and move/copy those folder.jpg's into the central fanart structure, so that it could be used in the normal method.. I was meaning it to be an easier option than coding a completely different stvi for those media files.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-21-2009, 08:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
sorry for the misunderstanding.. I was not intending it to check for these files every time. I was talking about a seperate routine (one-time) that would run and move/copy those folder.jpg's into the central fanart structure, so that it could be used in the normal method.. I was meaning it to be an easier option than coding a completely different stvi for those media files.
sorry if I came off harsh sometimes I get overwhelmed

The problem with above is that you would still need a check for new folder jpegs or thumbnails.

My other issue is thumbnails don't look right in my views and believe it or not it is proba my easier to make a different view or stvi for "home videos" or the such

Again sorry if I came off harsh I do like your suggestions and have implemented some of them (tags)
Old 07-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

There are many "settings" if you are asking about the
Sage movie wall universal options
I have the "select" setting set to "program info screen"
the "Fanart options" that might pertain from the program info screen are
cycle fanart backgrounds "enable"
display time 10
background transition animation "enabled"

Let me know if you need any others
Old 07-21-2009, 08:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by veger69 View Post
There are many "settings" if you are asking about the
Sage movie wall universal options
I have the "select" setting set to "program info screen"
the "Fanart options" that might pertain from the program info screen are
cycle fanart backgrounds "enable"
display time 10
background transition animation "enabled"

Let me know if you need any others
Do you use amis or the default info screen?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
sorry if I came off harsh sometimes I get overwhelmed

The problem with above is that you would still need a check for new folder jpegs or thumbnails.

My other issue is thumbnails don't look right in my views and believe it or not it is proba my easier to make a different view or stvi for "home videos" or the such

Again sorry if I came off harsh I do like your suggestions and have implemented some of them (tags)
I was thinking the target audience that has these folder.jpgs were simply people that had been using that method for previously archived media, an that this was more of a method of allowing them the newing interfaces. I can't think of a reason to create folder.jpg with the current state of things, instead of simply creating them in the central fanart structure.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Tv is also doable and probably easier than above but I know of an app coming out soon that does tv way better than the wall as that is what it is meant for (not my app)
Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Will the other app be for DVD tv series (what I'm talking about)?
way to give it away plucky ... jk ... im writing the new app (im calling it TVExplorer because its similar to windows explorer) it is similar to the Malore menus (in that it has an explorer like interface (groupings on the left, episodes on the right)) but supports fanart and imho looks way better than the malore menus do. IT is designed to be a compete replacement for the default SageMC My TV screen. In addition though, it also supports video import folders and will group imported tv shows with your SageTV recorded TV. The imported TV does not need to be imported into the sage tv db, but it does need metadata (either from mediascraper or bmt) to do all the grouping/etc. I dont think it would work well with tv show dvd's that havent been ripped into seperate episodes. The app is really designed for each episode to be a seperate file regardless where it came from (sagetv recorded, downloaded, or tv dvd ripped into episode)

it would probably already be released but im away on business and have a couple minor things left to finish.. Hopefully by the end of the week or weekend unfortunately i cant get to my sage setup to post a screenshot...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
way to give it away plucky ... jk ... im writing the new app (im calling it TVExplorer because its similar to windows explorer) it is similar to the Malore menus (in that it has an explorer like interface (groupings on the left, episodes on the right)) but supports fanart and imho looks way better than the malore menus do. IT is designed to be a compete replacement for the default SageMC My TV screen. In addition though, it also supports video import folders and will group imported tv shows with your SageTV recorded TV. The imported TV does not need to be imported into the sage tv db, but it does need metadata (either from mediascraper or bmt) to do all the grouping/etc. I dont think it would work well with tv show dvd's that havent been ripped into seperate episodes. The app is really designed for each episode to be a seperate file regardless where it came from (sagetv recorded, downloaded, or tv dvd ripped into episode)

it would probably already be released but im away on business and have a couple minor things left to finish.. Hopefully by the end of the week or weekend unfortunately i cant get to my sage setup to post a screenshot...
Sounds exciting. Will it be able to sort by season?
Old 07-22-2009, 05:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
way to give it away plucky ... jk
I think you mentioned it a time or to back in this thread You definately will suprise people I believe with this great addition it and movie wall really are starting to make my sage feel complete.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I was thinking the target audience that has these folder.jpgs were simply people that had been using that method for previously archived media, an that this was more of a method of allowing them the newing interfaces. I can't think of a reason to create folder.jpg with the current state of things, instead of simply creating them in the central fanart structure.
After much thinking this is possible but I think it would slow down the interface (not sure) but you would basically have to string together the path and then call the fanart check and then either show or create the fanart for the item. You would have to do this everytime the ui is loaded on a item with no fanart. This really would only put fanart in the cached folder you still would not have any fanart in the actually fanart folder. ( I am not going to start putting things in there that is BMT's area I don't want to be responsible for screwing up the great fanart system created by stuckless)

Cheers
Old 07-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Do you use amis or the default info screen?
I use the SageMC movie info screen
Old 07-23-2009, 06:22 AM
Sage User

Quote:

I like the sound of this! I can't wait.

MeinMaui - SageMC ** stuckless - Phoenix & BMT ** PLUCKYHD - Sage Movie Wall ** razrsharpe - TVExplorer ** Slugger - SJQ, SRE and SageAlert ** bialio - Advanced Mini Guide
Old 07-23-2009, 07:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I use the SageMC movie info screen
hmmm I am not seeing this in the current beta build so let me know when version 4 is released if you still have the issue
Old 07-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok new Problem some movies even though there are not 2 have white text over the folder stating "2:videos" which is something I have seen when in View/filter / sort:File system mode. However Im in Sort:all videos. I tried going to Sort:File system and the screen blacks out all the movies disappear. Tried reloading from the Base SageMC and all stvi's with no changes to the 2 video problem. Any suggestions?
Old 07-24-2009, 07:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok new Problem some movies even though there are not 2 have white text over the folder stating "2:videos" which is something I have seen when in View/filter / sort:File system mode. However Im in Sort:all videos. I tried going to Sort:File system and the screen blacks out all the movies disappear. Tried reloading from the Base SageMC and all stvi's with no changes to the 2 video problem. Any suggestions?
You must have that movie in there twice (two folders or double the same video in the same folder) that is where I would start.

How does it show in the default sagemc video library?
Old 07-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well before the install of the wall addon it was fine however I replaced the link to the mc video library with the move wall home page so I will have to see how to get back to it.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Well before the install of the wall addon it was fine however I replaced the link to the mc video library with the move wall home page so I will have to see how to get back to it.
add this to your sagemc_menu.xml file in your Program Files Folder

Code:
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="SageMC Video Library">
     <evalExpression> </evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-24-2009, 08:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
add this to your sagemc_menu.xml file in your Program Files Folder

Code:
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="SageMC Video Library">
     <evalExpression> </evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
Or you can just change the option back in sagemc settings
set it to blank and that will make it default
Old 07-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Or you can just change the option back in sagemc settings
set it to blank and that will make it default
oh ya i forgot about that... i guess it all depends on how you set it up...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-25-2009, 09:54 AM
Sage Icon

For those reading this thread interested in TVExplorer. It's been released . Check it out: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43199
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-25-2009, 10:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
For those reading this thread interested in TVExplorer. It's been released . Check it out: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43199
Crap...looks like I got something else to play with today, gotta hide from the family

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net