SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I used to use the custom groups a long time ago. Now I organize everything by folders and use the file system view.

Aloha,
Mike
Mike thanks for comment I am guessing that means I while stay away from them in SMW. File system and pathfilter expessions is also how I do it.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I used to use the custom groups a long time ago. Now I organize everything by folders and use the file system view.

Aloha,
Mike
I guess that would be a good way but my import directories span 3 hard drives and are not organized in a logical fashion. Of course, that doesn't mean that I can't organize them it's just that currently files are located based on need for space.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:59 PM
SageTVaholic

You can have duplicate folder names on multiple drives and Sage will still organize them properly.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
You can have duplicate folder names on multiple drives and Sage will still organize them properly.
What he said.

Just to clarify a little: If you have the same directory structure in two or more import directories, they will be combined in the file system view so that you will see one directory structure with all of the files. My movie collection spans 3 drives, so I love this feature.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-01-2009, 01:36 AM
SageTVaholic

I am planning on implementing some simple folder based organization, though I wish the Skip Fwd II and Skip Back II buttons in SMW would change either genre, or folder-set instead of DVD, Blu-Ray, Both, etc... Those options don't seem too useful for me in real life, as it really shouldn't matter what TYPE/SOURCE the file is, but should be focused more on what is in it. Categories/Genres would be ok, but we know there are problems with overlaps. Folders would work fine, though it would work best with minimal group numbers. More advanced FilterSets would be ideal, similar to how the Default STV's Malore 'alternate views' works. Allow us to set up any arbitrary number of views, each having a filter by category/sub-category, rating, folder, etc. This would be the most robust, and work for the most number of people. I use this grouping style currently for my tv shows, having one group that includes all shows that meet 'Children, Children-Animation, etc' and one that excludes the same categories. Works flawlessly for separating them out. When football season comes around, I create another group that has everything to do with football. Again, works wonders.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-01-2009, 04:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
As PluckyHD mentioned I think you may be confusing SageTV with SageMC (SageTV is on 6.5.18, SageMC is on 6.3.9). Are you sure you loaded SageMC?
Thanks I see the Sagetv 16.9 MC, I was confused with the SageTv saying media center when it opens. I got SageMC installed and it runs on my computer, but when I go to load the server on my HD200 it says starting extender and thats all it does. So I will try and see what is wrong with that.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I am planning on implementing some simple folder based organization, though I wish the Skip Fwd II and Skip Back II buttons in SMW would change either genre, or folder-set instead of DVD, Blu-Ray, Both, etc... Those options don't seem too useful for me in real life, as it really shouldn't matter what TYPE/SOURCE the file is, but should be focused more on what is in it. Categories/Genres would be ok, but we know there are problems with overlaps. Folders would work fine, though it would work best with minimal group numbers. More advanced FilterSets would be ideal, similar to how the Default STV's Malore 'alternate views' works. Allow us to set up any arbitrary number of views, each having a filter by category/sub-category, rating, folder, etc. This would be the most robust, and work for the most number of people. I use this grouping style currently for my tv shows, having one group that includes all shows that meet 'Children, Children-Animation, etc' and one that excludes the same categories. Works flawlessly for separating them out. When football season comes around, I create another group that has everything to do with football. Again, works wonders.
I am listening and agree there are better ways folder structure is still ideal for me. Never using the default stv I am not familair with the method you mention above but it sounds simple enough to add. Would love to hear some more opinions on ways people want this done. From what I am understanding from above that is just and advanced set of grouping where you select the categories, rating so on and so fourth you want in a view?

Just FYI you can apply multy filters from the homepage for instance you can select a year with the info button and then go to categories and it will only show ones in that year. You can also use info so set an actor and it updates dynamically the year/category all your current filters show inthe top left of the homescreen.

Cheers
Old 07-01-2009, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

My goal was actually to just have this as a feature direct in the wall. Instead of the skip buttons changing the filters between media types, they can cycle between custom made 'views'. That way you can avoid the multi-menu, exclude statements, and just set it all up in wall options.

The malore view setup screens follow:
The malore recordings menu:

Options (ESC):

Filters:

Category Selection Screen (can choose to either include categories, or exclude them):

Properties in sage.properties (or sageclient.properties) for these filters (There are a LOT more entries than this, this is an example of how the settings are stored):
Code:
malore/sagetv_recordings/alt_view_name=No-Kids
malore/sagetv_recordings/double_height_rows=xOff
malore/sagetv_recordings/episode_name_style=xExtraInfo
malore/sagetv_recordings/finales=xFinaleAny
malore/sagetv_recordings/num_alt_views=2
malore/sagetv_recordings/premieres=xPremiereAny
malore/sagetv_recordings/specials=xSpecialsAny
malore/sagetv_recordings2/alt_view_name=Kids Only
malore/sagetv_recordings2/double_height_rows=xOff
malore/sagetv_recordings2/finales=xFinaleAny
malore/sagetv_recordings2/premieres=xPremiereAny
malore/sagetv_recordings2/specials=xSpecialsAny
sagetv_recordings2_filter=
sagetv_recordings2_filter2=
sagetv_recordings2_filter_category_in=true
sagetv_recordings2_filter_category_list=Children&Children-music&Children-special&Children-talk
sagetv_recordings2_filter_pretty=All
sagetv_recordings2_grouping=GetAiringTitle
sagetv_recordings2_grouping_pretty=Title
sagetv_recordings2_noduplicates=false
sagetv_recordings2_sort=GetShowExternalID
sagetv_recordings2_sort_group_reverse=false
sagetv_recordings2_sort_pretty=ShowID
sagetv_recordings2_sort_reverse=false
sagetv_recordings_filter=
sagetv_recordings_filter2=
sagetv_recordings_filter_category_in=false
sagetv_recordings_filter_category_list=Children&Children-music&Children-special&Children-talk
sagetv_recordings_filter_pretty=All
sagetv_recordings_filter_status=xAll
sagetv_recordings_group_method=xTitle
sagetv_recordings_grouping=GetAiringTitle
sagetv_recordings_grouping_pretty=Title
sagetv_recordings_noduplicates=false

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Fuzzy,

If I am not mistaken that is for tv correct? I don't know that I will take it that far to be honest that is allot of coding as you are the first who has even brought it up. I may come up with a system to "custom" group.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, that currently is for the recordings menu. Just an example of what is already there built into sage (might be able to actually 'borrow' a good amount of the coding). Obviously, a lot of the non-category flags are pointless for the movie wall, just an example of how the configuration menus are set.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, that currently is for the recordings menu. Just an example of what is already there built into sage (might be able to actually 'borrow' a good amount of the coding). Obviously, a lot of the non-category flags are pointless for the movie wall, just an example of how the configuration menus are set.
I will definately give it a look when I get there Currently I am tying up some lose ends as well as working on a couple of other imports.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey all I found an error in the code tonight allot of people were not getting the grey highlighter on their list view. I referenced an image I moved and didn't move the reference in the code. My apologies this will be fix with the next release.

Also I started a problems and request list for v3 it is the second post on the start of this thread if you have a request or notice a problem that is not listed please let me know as that is how I will keep track of them as well.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, that currently is for the recordings menu. Just an example of what is already there built into sage (might be able to actually 'borrow' a good amount of the coding)
You can borrow alot of the ideas but not so much of the actual code... I am working on make a malore like menu native to sagemc that supports fanart and has the sagemc look and feel to it. Its like windows explorer but just for tv (and 10 ft interface friendly)... Its actually coming along quite nicely and should have something to release soon. BUT.. back to the topic at hand... i looked extensively at the malore menus to get ideas but in the end it wasnt worth it to borrow the code because so much would have to change to make fit into sagemc that it was easier to just start from scratch.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Sage Icon

Not to sound rude razrsharpe - but Malore gave a lot of people permission to utilize his code in the past. Myself for one - all his menus are available in my STV.

It would seem selfish for someone to lay sole claim to his work this far down the road.

Nearly everyone I have worked with throughout this community has shared their code freely. I would hate to see this kind of mentality get too far out of hand.

I understand if someone is creating a new thing and doesn't want to share - fine. But I think it's unreasonable for you to suggest that someone can't use code you didn't write.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Administrator

I'm not sure he was suggesting that the code couldn't be used, but just in case: the Studio license essentially says that anything created using Studio is freely usable & modifiable by anyone else -- see EULAstudio.txt in the SageTV installation directory.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I'm not sure he was suggesting that the code couldn't be used, but just in case: the Studio license essentially says that anything created using Studio is freely usable & modifiable by anyone else -- see EULAstudio.txt in the SageTV installation directory.

- Andy
I was searching all over for that exact phrase, but I couldn't find exactly where it was. I knew I read that somewhere!

Thanks so much for the clairification.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless View Post
I was searching all over for that exact phrase, but I couldn't find exactly where it was. I knew I read that somewhere!

Thanks so much for the clairification.
Wow I hate to speak foR razorsharp but I think you took that the completely wrong way and not sure how you did. He was simply stating you cannot simply copy the code into your stvi as it takes allot if changes to get it working correctly with your own code and stvi. Someone above mentioned that the grouping he wanted in smw should be easy as it was already coded. I am 90% sure razorsharp was just helping me state you can't just copy and paste. He isn't taking credit for the malore menus just stating it was easier for him to rewrite/recode them to fit his app rather than copy and paste and have to edit. I have gotten to know razor through helping each other with coding and ideas and he isn't one to take credit for something he didint do

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 07-02-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
I am working on make a malore like menu native to sagemc that supports fanart and has the sagemc look and feel to it. Its like windows explorer but just for tv (and 10 ft interface friendly)... Its actually coming along quite nicely and should have something to release soon.
This sounds great as I'm a big fan of Malore and that double paned explorer looks for searching through TV episodes. Unfortunately, I don't recall seeing any of the new fanart imports supporting Malore-like menus. Can't wait to see what you're working on.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

So for the pathfilter expressions - since I am using UNC paths is this how I callout the path?

\\\\Tower\\Offline\\HomeVideos

I am testing the pathfilters and I must be doing something wrong as I get the new menu item on the homepage but when I click on it - I still get all of the videos. Would this happen because I did not change my regular video menu item yet? I just tried adding home videos to test the pathfilters.

Thanks,

Dan
Old 07-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless View Post
Not to sound rude razrsharpe - but Malore gave a lot of people permission to utilize his code in the past. Myself for one - all his menus are available in my STV.

It would seem selfish for someone to lay sole claim to his work this far down the road.

Nearly everyone I have worked with throughout this community has shared their code freely. I would hate to see this kind of mentality get too far out of hand.

I understand if someone is creating a new thing and doesn't want to share - fine. But I think it's unreasonable for you to suggest that someone can't use code you didn't write.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post

- Andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Wow I hate to speak foR razorsharp but I think you took that the completely wrong way and not sure how you did. He was simply stating you cannot simply copy the code into your stvi as it takes allot if changes to get it working correctly with your own code and stvi. Someone above mentioned that the grouping he wanted in smw should be easy as it was already coded. I am 90% sure razorsharp was just helping me state you can't just copy and paste.
Wow, That's not how i meant that to be read at all... In absolutely no way was i stating you were forbidden from utilizing someones code. As Andy clearly pointed out (and i already knew) everything in the stv is open and freely modifiable by anyone who wants to open up studio and dig in.

Plucky is correct i was simply trying to convey the fact that he could not just copy and paste the filters and expect to get it up up and working in SMW because its already been written with a relevant example from my own coding experience. I would take him significant time to get it working and it would probably just be easier to look at malore menu code, figure out how it was done, then write his own filtering code from scratch.

Again, just to be 100% clear, in no way was i suggesting that you are forbidden from copying other parts of the stv for your own projects. Nor was i trying to take credit for anything other than the imports/projects i have/am contributing too. I too do not want to see this community lose its open and sharing mentality.

Ok sorry to derail the thread there for a little bit. Now... back to regularly scheduled programming
Check out TVExplorer