SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
I haven't played with the scaling settings at all yet (it was slow enough that I only got the selection bar to the bottom after a few minutes of the initial screen loading, and after a few minutes beyond that I had to restart the service). My fanart was almost 100% collected by BMT, and is in whatever format that uses by default. I'll try turning on the scaling & poster scaling when I get home and see if that improves speed. I'd also be willing to bet I need to up the JVM heap size (can't remember if I did that after the last re-install), which would help with some other issues I've seen recently. Just wish WHS was 64-bit so it would use more than 4g of memory...
In your properties file set pluckyhd/SMWHomePage = false and pluckyhd/SMWScaleMenu = true

that will make it take you straight to the scaling menu on next load.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Pluckyhd - I love your Sage Movie Wall Plugin, thank you for all your efforts!

Can anyone suggest the best/easiest way for separating out my kids movies?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Dan
Old 06-30-2009, 12:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaverd View Post
Pluckyhd - I love your Sage Movie Wall Plugin, thank you for all your efforts!

Can anyone suggest the best/easiest way for separating out my kids movies?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Dan
Dan,

Thanks and glad you like it. The easiest way is probably put them in a folder of their own and create another menu item to map (using pathfiler expressions in dynamic menus) to the "kids" and make sure the other doesn't.

cheers
Old 06-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Plucky – unfortunately I don’t understand what you are recommending.
MY DVD collection is stored in a folder called offline within the offline folder I have folders that are named with the movie title then inside the movie title folder name I have the audio_TS and video_TS folders. Are you recommending that I add a folder inside of my offline folder named kids and then drag and drop the movie name folders into this directory?
I don’t understand this part: “create another menu item to map (using pathfiler expressions in dynamic menus)”. I have created new menu items - what is a pathfiler expression?

Will this new menu item still use Sage Movie Wall for the kids movies?
Thanks,
Dan
Old 06-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Sage Icon

Plucky,

I used mediscraper beta13 and i know use the newest bmt. What program did you use to generate your .properties?

From the looks of your screen scrapes, your movies are showing up appropriately with runtime, etc.

Sorry for all the bothersome questions.

~Mike
Old 06-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaverd View Post
I don’t understand this part: “create another menu item to map (using pathfiler expressions in dynamic menus)”. I have created new menu items - what is a pathfiler expression?
Take a look here:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=105

path filters are a way of filtering out (or in) items from the associated menu (in this case SMW... they also work in the default sagemc video libraries)

For example from my main screen i have DVD, Bluray, and Videos (everything else)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 06-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Sage Icon

Another method you can use if you like the category/genre splitting would be to use DVD Profiler. Using DVD Profiler information you could setup your genres to be Family for all the kids type movies. Sage will organize by 2 genres only. So you’ll have some crossover, for example Family/Animation. You’re basically just giving the movie a tag for a common lookup. DVD Profiler is the easiest way to do this. You can do some manipulation of these tags in the standard SageMC video library. I haven’t done much in there but it is possible in lieu of DVD Profiler.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

I put the Movie wall .xml in the STV folder in program files sagetv/sagetv/sagtv3/stv. Whnd I go to detailed setup advanced menu and change sageTv application package to from SageTV3.xml to the moviewall.xml I get a black screen. Any help would be great.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstretch View Post
I put the Movie wall .xml in the STV folder in program files sagetv/sagetv/sagtv3/stv. Whnd I go to detailed setup advanced menu and change sageTv application package to from SageTV3.xml to the moviewall.xml I get a black screen. Any help would be great.
Wrong spot, you load SMW from:

SageMC Setup -> Main -> Screen Specific Options -> Video Library -> Custom Video Library Screen

You will need to go back into your Sage.properties file and put SageTV3.xml back (unless someone knows another way)

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 06-30-2009, 04:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Wrong spot, you load SMW from:

SageMC Setup -> Main -> Screen Specific Options -> Video Library -> Custom Video Library Screen

You will need to go back into your Sage.properties file and put SageTV3.xml back (unless someone knows another way)
First and foremost u must import it into sagemc using stvi import

You saying you replaced sagetv3.XML makes me think you are running the default stv?
Old 06-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
First and foremost u must import it into sagemc using stvi import

You saying you replaced sagetv3.XML makes me think you are running the default stv?

Where do i find STVI import in Sage MC 6.5? Dbone I cant find the video library screen either. I go to setup in sage MC 6.5 and I do not see menu I see detailed setup only. Thanks guys.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstretch View Post
Where do i find STVI import in Sage MC 6.5? Dbone I cant find the video library screen either. I go to setup in sage MC 6.5 and I do not see menu I see detailed setup only. Thanks guys.
As PluckyHD mentioned I think you may be confusing SageTV with SageMC (SageTV is on 6.5.18, SageMC is on 6.3.9). Are you sure you loaded SageMC?

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 06-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Another method you can use if you like the category/genre splitting would be to use DVD Profiler. Using DVD Profiler information you could setup your genres to be Family for all the kids type movies. Sage will organize by 2 genres only. So you’ll have some crossover, for example Family/Animation. You’re basically just giving the movie a tag for a common lookup. DVD Profiler is the easiest way to do this. You can do some manipulation of these tags in the standard SageMC video library. I haven’t done much in there but it is possible in lieu of DVD Profiler.
I asked this question at Geektonic but I'm still not sure why it's harder than it maybe should be. Why can't we just use the SageMC custom groups? I see we still have access to sending movies to those groups but there are no Custom Group view or filters available. Personally, I find Genre grouping to be unnecessary as we like to group movies by person in my family. Plus, I have more movies that have no genre associated with them that I would have to edit an awful lot of them.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
I asked this question at Geektonic but I'm still not sure why it's harder than it maybe should be. Why can't we just use the SageMC custom groups? I see we still have access to sending movies to those groups but there are no Custom Group view or filters available. Personally, I find Genre grouping to be unnecessary as we like to group movies by person in my family. Plus, I have more movies that have no genre associated with them that I would have to edit an awful lot of them.
Not really hard than it should be just the simple fact I chose not to honor the groups for the simple reason that I believe this is a sagemc grouping and won't be reconized in others stv's (phoenix). I know that is 6 months out but I am trying to avoid as many sagemc calls as possible for easy conversion to phoenix once it is out as well as the default stv and other stvs...

Now Mike or someone can chime in if I am wrong and it is not a sagemc thing (again I am not sure i never used them)

It is really easy to use categories with a program like dvd profiler.

All that being said you are the first person who has said anything (so I am guessing many don't use it) If there are more out there I will be willing to look at adding it as an additional view like category.

cheers
Old 06-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Good question. IDK... You raise a good point.

Genre grouping can be cumbersome if you have to do a lot of blanks. For me, at the rate I buy movies one here and one there it’s not a problem to keep up with adding genre info when I add my movie to my DVD Profiler database. Most of the time I don’t change the genres that DVD Profiler automatically adds…

Personally I like DVD Profiler as a means to manage my collection. It’s quick and easy. One could probably go through a hundred titles and add genres to each in 15-20 minutes…

I was just throwing the idea out there as to another way to accomplish managing collections. I do the path expressions too, which is a really nice way to slice down movies from non-movies(home movies)…
Old 06-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Not really hard than it should be just the simple fact I chose not to honor the groups for the simple reason that I believe this is a sagemc grouping and won't be reconized in others stv's (phoenix). I know that is 6 months out but I am trying to avoid as many sagemc calls as possible for easy conversion to phoenix once it is out as well as the default stv and other stvs...

Now Mike or someone can chime in if I am wrong and it is not a sagemc thing (again I am not sure i never used them)

It is really easy to use categories with a program like dvd profiler.

All that being said you are the first person who has said anything (so I am guessing many don't use it) If there are more out there I will be willing to look at adding it as an additional view like category.

cheers
I imagine that SageMC groups are specific as I don't recall seeing them anywhere in the default STV. I noticed that Genre Grouping seems to be popular but maybe I'm just set in my ways. Custom Groups and Malore menu's just seem to be perfect for my way of organization.

Part of the reason is that I segregate movies for my kids that may be in the same genre as my movies but I wouldn't want my young'ins to watch. For example, while anime is animation, I think my daughter would prefer to watch Disney over high action stuff like Appleseed or Vexille. Then there's family videos that don't have any Genre but are neatly organized in my custom group.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I imagine that SageMC groups are specific as I don't recall seeing them anywhere in the default STV. I noticed that Genre Grouping seems to be popular but maybe I'm just set in my ways. Custom Groups and Malore menu's just seem to be perfect for my way of organization.

Part of the reason is that I segregate movies for my kids that may be in the same genre as my movies but I wouldn't want my young'ins to watch. For example, while anime is animation, I think my daughter would prefer to watch Disney over high action stuff like Appleseed or Vexille. Then there's family videos that don't have any Genre but are neatly organized in my custom group.
If your willing to test I am willing to code it in
Old 06-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Good question. IDK... You raise a good point.

Genre grouping can be cumbersome if you have to do a lot of blanks. For me, at the rate I buy movies one here and one there it’s not a problem to keep up with adding genre info when I add my movie to my DVD Profiler database. Most of the time I don’t change the genres that DVD Profiler automatically adds…

Personally I like DVD Profiler as a means to manage my collection. It’s quick and easy. One could probably go through a hundred titles and add genres to each in 15-20 minutes…

I was just throwing the idea out there as to another way to accomplish managing collections. I do the path expressions too, which is a really nice way to slice down movies from non-movies(home movies)…
I recall trying DVD Profiler a while back and I couldn't get into a groove with it. I remember that the DVD folder names had to be exact or something and I had to search through the XML database to get them to match the exact DVD Profiler name or something. Can't recall the exact issue but I don't recall it being as simple as I liked and there were a lot of kids stuff missing from their database. Maybe I was doing something wrong.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
If your willing to test I am willing to code it in
Sure am but maybe I'm in the minority here. Hate to see you adjust your development plans on my account.

Informal Poll: Does anyone else use Custom Groups to organize videos/movies?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Informal Poll: Does anyone else use Custom Groups to organize videos/movies?
I used to use the custom groups a long time ago. Now I organize everything by folders and use the file system view.

Aloha,
Mike