SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Connecting to a NAS for imported media

I know this info is here somewhere, but I am having trouble locating an answer to my question.

I just set up a D-Link DNS-321 on my network where I plan to keep my mp3s, pictures and ripped DVDs. I will not be recording to the NAS.

I seem to be having trouble setting up my import directories to the NAS. If I create a mapped drive in XP, that drive will not show up in the drive list in Sage. If I try to navigate to the NAS through "Network" I can get to the NAS and the share but it says invalid directory inside the share name.

Obviously, I have no trouble when navigating to the share with xp and I can read/write to all folders inside the share.

I am using service mode in sage and I have turned it off and on again after making sure I can navigate to the folders inside the share with xp.

There is something I am probably missing here.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonen View Post
I am using service mode in sage...
Services cannot access mapped drive letters at all. You must use UNC paths (i.e. \\server\share).

Services that log in as LocalSystem cannot access network resources (hence the name "LocalSystem"). You must configure the SageTV service to log in as a user with appropriate network permissions in order to use UNC import directories.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

I think it depends on what you call your DLink on your network. Mine is called DLINK and here is my import directory listing (for Vista not XP)

\\DLINK\Volume_1-1\Media
Old 04-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the advice. Logging on as the user in the service control panel did the trick!