SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
I'm not sure what you mean but I've attached a screenshot of what the default Sagemc screen looks like before you enter into my screen. I also plan on making a change to this screen(screenshot screen) and removing all the grouped recordings, adding another button which links to another new screen which only displays grouped recordings (TV series in effect). These won't be labeled with text but with the banner art work instead (text if no image is available). So basically recordings will be slpit into two parts, Single and TV series.
I didn't realize that the plugin would use the default grouped list and then only change to your view when you dived into a grouped item. I love the change when you are in a list but I can't stand the default SMC list view. Malore's Multi-pane is just so much more efficient. I saw that someone asked for Malore's menu's to be a default option. I guess I should weigh in too.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
I didn't realize that the plugin would use the default grouped list and then only change to your view when you dived into a grouped item. I love the change when you are in a list but I can't stand the default SMC list view. Malore's Multi-pane is just so much more efficient. I saw that someone asked for Malore's menu's to be a default option. I guess I should weigh in too.
I've never tried Malore's Multi-pane. Perhaps I'll look into that and see how it works. I also just read your post here, does the menu also sort by season? So sorting goes from Series>Season>Episode?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Compress Show is under the "Send To..." Button in the normal screen.
What he said
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 04-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Oki, Thanks, I see it now. It doesn't actually belong in this screen but due to the way the import works you cannot get to the next screen which has this option. I'll take a quick look at adding it to the options but I don't think it will work out too well. You may just have to disable my import and make the changes then enable it afterwards if you want to. You can also change the filter in the previous screen to sort by date, make the changes then change the filter back to grouped so you can return to my screen.
That would be unfortunate. My wife and I use "Send to... Compress" all the time to transcode shows and drop them onto the Archos for viewing on the go. Please see if you can figure out a way to make it work - having to disable and re-enable the import everytime I want to watch a show on the portable would make it impractical for me to use.

Cheers,
Slipshod
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 04-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I've never tried Malore's Multi-pane. Perhaps I'll look into that and see how it works. I also just read your post here, does the menu also sort by season? So sorting goes from Series>Season>Episode?
It doesn't exactly sort by season but it can sort by Original Air Date so, in effect, it will list the episodes by season first and then episode. Here is an example of episodes listed in order of Original Air Date.

Beware though, once you go Malore, you may never be able to go back... I'm kidding.

Actually, no I'm not, they are that good. The multi-pane recording schedule is awesome too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Malore.jpg (191.8 KB, 217 views)
Old 04-30-2009, 09:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ben,

I know you are moving on to other things, but are you actively still working on this plugin/taking requests, or have you handed off development to MKANET? If you are still taking requests, I would ask for the display of the recording date in the episode title panel if that is possible.

Regards,
Brian
Old 05-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Sage Icon

I'm noticing that on some shows this is displaying the Season and Episode information while on others it is not. I've checked the .properties files for the recordings that don't display and they show the information in there. Where is this import trying to get the information from?
Old 05-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Ben,

I know you are moving on to other things, but are you actively still working on this plugin/taking requests, or have you handed off development to MKANET? If you are still taking requests, I would ask for the display of the recording date in the episode title panel if that is possible.
Yes sort of, I'm a bit pre-occupied at the moment but I do have another version ready with a few bug fixes. I'll release that in a few weeks when I'm sure their are no other bugs, or no one else has reported any. I've not had any messages from MKANET to say that he wants to take it over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I'm noticing that on some shows this is displaying the Season and Episode information while on others it is not. I've checked the .properties files for the recordings that don't display and they show the information in there. Where is this import trying to get the information from?
This panel will only work if you are using the custom metadata properties and you have gotten the data using the BMT or MediaScraper tools. If its not working and you have used one of these tools then the data thats included in the .properties file is wrong and can't be read by my import.

Are you using one of these tools? If you are can you tell me the show name/title of the file and I'll test it out my end.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I've not had any messages from MKANET to say that he wants to take it over.

Sorry misread the stuff in the Screenshot thread, I meant Bialio. He posted some screens that were similar to GRS. Keep up the awesome work!

Regards,
Brian
Old 05-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Sage Icon

I have tried with both MediaScraper and BMT. An example is: Scrubs-MyDreamJob-2051578-0.mpg. Thanks for looking at it.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have tried with both MediaScraper and BMT. An example is: Scrubs-MyDreamJob-2051578-0.mpg. Thanks for looking at it.
Tried my end and it didn't work the first time (auto scan) but did when I did a manual scan of the file using BMT.

Are you using the SageMC Stvi plugin with BMT? If you are try updating manually.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Works My End.jpg (162.7 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg Manual Update.jpg (122.0 KB, 175 views)
Old 05-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Sage Icon

That worked. One thing I just thought of is that I have Dirmon2 running MediaScraper against all my recordings because it seemed to do a better job when I first started it and the automatic BMT stuff didn't seem to work. Maybe I should try that again?
Old 05-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That worked. One thing I just thought of is that I have Dirmon2 running MediaScraper against all my recordings because it seemed to do a better job when I first started it and the automatic BMT stuff didn't seem to work. Maybe I should try that again?
I have to admit that I still use EP's scraper even though BMT is a really great tool, mainly because I haven't had the time to change it around.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Sage Icon

So we're both using EP's plugin. I realized that I don't have mediascraper generating .properties files. Could that be my problem?
Old 05-01-2009, 06:18 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm using BMT now, so that should tell you something
Old 05-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Sage Icon

Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh! I guess it's time to change full time to BMT. I just got EP's to work almost perfectly (other than the current issue).

@EP
Are you using the automatic update from the plugin?
Old 05-01-2009, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh! I guess it's time to change full time to BMT. I just got EP's to work almost perfectly (other than the current issue).
Well it won't magically stop working

Quote:
Are you using the automatic update from the plugin?
Not yet, I mostly just use it for manual updates on imported videos to grab fanart.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Sage Icon

So maybe doing a manual metadata search forces the information into the Sage database right away and the automatic needs to wait until the library is refreshed.

Are you actually getting the information from the Sage DB or are you looking at the .properties file?
Old 05-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Sage Expert

Are you going to be adding any options soon to adjust the width of the panels on the right side of the screen? It looks ok on my PC, but on my 60" big screen it seem to be too narrow and cust off alot of the show titles. Also, the icons on the bottom center of the screen are very small on my big screen TV. Any change of getting them larger????

Thanks for all of your had work, from looking at the code, it looks like you put alot of time into this plugin.....

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 05-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphipps View Post
Are you going to be adding any options soon to adjust the width of the panels on the right side of the screen? It looks ok on my PC, but on my 60" big screen it seem to be too narrow and cust off alot of the show titles. Also, the icons on the bottom center of the screen are very small on my big screen TV. Any change of getting them larger????

Thanks for all of your had work, from looking at the code, it looks like you put alot of time into this plugin.....
To be totally honest I'm not sure what I'm doing with this at the moment. As you may or may not know I've started a totally new project which will incorporate this screen to some degree along with all the other new ones I have in mind, so I don't really have the spare time to make massive changes. If you want to make the changes feel free, I don't have any issues with people changing my work. I think billao is also making some modifcations to the same SageMC screen which may be of use to you.