SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Arrow STV Import: Grouped Recording Screen

Currently in beta.

It gives me great pleasure to announce the release of my newest import, Grouped Recording Screen or GRS for those that like their acronyms.

Firstly this import is designed to work with a Remote/Keyboard, if you use a mouse it will break the animations so don't do it and then come to the forums to start complaining as I will ignore all post's relating to this. You can exit/enter the screen to reset the animations at anytime.

The import works fine as it is but their are some options which haven't been finished as their is no support for these via external plugins. For this reason I will keep this as a beta until its been decided if they can be added or not.

If you want all the extra details like episode/season numbers then you must use one of the scrapers available on these forums (need to add links).

The screen replaces the current SageMC grouped recording screen, therefore you must be viewing your recordings in grouped mode.

You must be running SageMC_6_3_9a_23 which adds an extra menu to allow the use of this import.

Download GRS here.

Install Instructions:
----------------------

Shut down the Sage UI.

BACKUP Before you continue.

Extract all files in this package into your SageTV folder (eg. C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV). Make sure to extract while preserving the directory structure.

Restart Sage UI.

In SageMC, goto My Menu -> Settings, and select "Import STVi" and import the "Grouped_Recording_Screen_V.1.0a_01.xml file.

Next goto My Menu -> Settings -> SageMC -> Main -> Screen Specific Options -> My TV -> Custom TV Sub Group Screen. Find "Grouped Recording Screen" in the list and select it.

Thanks goes to:

MeInMaui for his tireless work on SageMC, Stuckless and EvilPenguin for their excellent scrapers and import tools, babgvant for hosting/excellent beta testing, Gplasky,Brent & PluckyHD also for their testing skills.

Thankyou
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GRS Image One.jpg (495.4 KB, 986 views)
File Type: jpg GRS Image Two.jpg (527.0 KB, 869 views)
File Type: jpg GRS Image Three.jpg (100.0 KB, 792 views)

Last edited by jaminben; 04-18-2009 at 03:49 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Sage Icon

Known Issues and fixes:

When deleting the last 1 or 2 episodes the episode list doesn't refresh correctly - Fixed (for next release)

Left as Back doesn't work when detailed info is shown and not enough data is available to show scrollbar - Fixed (for next release) (temp solution, use back or close detailed info)

Last edited by jaminben; 04-21-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Nice to see this coming into play. Guess I should relase something as well

Seriously nice work and thanks

Old 04-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Sage Icon

Very nice work!!!!
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Awesome Ben!!! Great work! I'll be checking this out as soon as I get home!
Old 04-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

And I thought I was finally going to get a weekend where I relax and don't tinker with the sage server.

This looks great and I can't wait to try it.

Thanks for all your hard work on this.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Sage Icon

Looks good, and I have a few minutes before the wife and kids get home from the tee-ball game. Time to go play for a little bit!

thanks
matt
Old 04-18-2009, 05:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The screen replaces the current SageMC grouped recording screen, therefore you must be viewing your recordings in grouped mode.
I think I've answered my question by including your quote above, but is there any way to utilize the grouped view interface to view a show that has only a single recording?

When I select a single recording, I get the stock SageMC interface, which I think is very cluttered. Having that single recording show up with the grouped interface would be very nice.

Thanks (and nice job, by the way)
Old 04-18-2009, 06:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
I think I've answered my question by including your quote above, but is there any way to utilize the grouped view interface to view a show that has only a single recording?

When I select a single recording, I get the stock SageMC interface, which I think is very cluttered. Having that single recording show up with the grouped interface would be very nice.

Thanks (and nice job, by the way)
You are correct, it can only be used where there is more than one show available. This is why I'm not going to support TVIS anymore as I want the same look as this import for the single recording screen as well.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Sage Icon

A couple of minor things I found. One might be a bug unless it is intentional and the other is clearly a personal preference.

Preference: Is there any way to make the icons on the bottom (i.e., h.264, Dolby Digital) a little bigger? On my 37" screen I have a hard time seeing them.

Bug(?): When you have the information showing (I like having this all the time) I'm having a great deal of difficulty going back to the recording screen using the left arrow. Is there something I'm missing?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
You are correct, it can only be used where there is more than one show available. This is why I'm not going to support TVIS anymore as I want the same look as this import for the single recording screen as well.

Cool. So does that mean this one will get modified at some point to work for single recordings as well? Or will there be another one that just covers single recordings, but looks like this group import?

thanks again
Old 04-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Preference: Is there any way to make the icons on the bottom (i.e., h.264, Dolby Digital) a little bigger? On my 37" screen I have a hard time seeing them.
I'll make it scalable but not movable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Bug(?): When you have the information showing (I like having this all the time) I'm having a great deal of difficulty going back to the recording screen using the left arrow. Is there something I'm missing?
Added this as a bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
Cool. So does that mean this one will get modified at some point to work for single recordings as well? Or will there be another one that just covers single recordings, but looks like this group import?
I have plans to make a fresh one that follows this theme.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
I'll make it scalable but not movable.
That would be perfect. I like the position and I can live with it the way it is, but it would be nice if they were just a bit larger.

Quote:
Added this as a bug.
Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was the way you meant it.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Sage Icon

Having everything customizable as you have done in the AMIS is way better...
Old 04-18-2009, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer View Post
Having everything customizable as you have done in the AMIS is way better...
Way to be supportive, man. Nice.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:04 AM
Sage Icon

I'm saying that if you make something scalable why not make it moveable too...

Do my comments have to meet your approval first MeInMaui?
Old 04-19-2009, 01:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Perhaps I was a little oversensitive to a perceived lack of appreciation for jaminben's hard work.

Since I am a moderator here, I should probably choose my words more carefully. I apologize.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:12 AM
Sage Icon

I'll add that I love AMIS and I am hoping that some of it's features are merged into this new import.

I think new life was breathed into SageMC with jaminben's work.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:38 AM
Sage Icon

There's two reason's why its not really possible to have movable panels:

1. The animations don't allow it as you'd end up moving the panels into one of the options panels.

2. I've already spent 300+ hours making the import and I can't be arsed to spend another 100 adding movable panels and all the required properties.

I've tried to make something that's different but its not always possible to please everybody. As you can also see I do try to add extra features to please those that aren't happy with certain functions. You also have to remember that I'm not a programmer by trade and these things take me a long time to achieve and hence the reason for No.2.

I'm glad you like Amis and hopefully you will come to like this import as well. I'm going to be doing the same thing with all my imports in the future and not allow so many custom options like movable panels.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:19 AM
Sage Icon

Am I correct that fanart in PNG format isn't picked up? (at least as background art)

The option to save a screen capture is great for shows that don't have artwork online (or much of it.) at least I can capture a shot of the title frame or something. HOwever, I have to convert it to JPG for it to get picked up.

If this is correct, would it be possible to add PNG suppport? Alternatively, I can cover them to JPG (not very many of them, and I wouldn't be doing it all the time).

thanks
matt