SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Make sure after updating the drivers you switch off the HD-PVR, reboot the entire server and switch the HD-PVR as the server is coming up. I ran the update to 1.5.6 and did this and had no issues. Recording from a Comcast STB using SPDIF and AC3 for audio.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
....had nothing but grief with this driver install.
Just to be clear, I am not having any errors with the 1.5.6 drivers. They are working fine for me now with AC3 via S/PDIF. It was just the initial install that whacked my system for some reason. I did shut down the entire system after the install as I always do.

Even the brief No Signal message I get when first tuning a channel doesn't generate an error in SageTV. And the drivers have been stable in my system for over a week now.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 05-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Brent, had nothing but grief with this driver install. It killed even my OTA HDTV tuners.

I ended up saveing my wiz.bin, uninstalled Sage, deleted the SageTV folder and did a a fresh install of 6.5.14 beta. Did all the first time setup config (language, weather zip etc).

Then I set up one of the HD-PVRs as a source and got it to work (it seemed to take a long time to pick up a signal). Did my channel lineup anew. Tested that. That worked so added second HD-PVR and that worked. Added my three OTA tuners and setup channel lineup. Exited Sage. Copied my wiz.bin into the new SageTV\SageTV folder and everything has been working fine since then.

I do notice that when I watch live TV I get the NO Signal message on the HD-PVR channels for a few seconds, but then it clears and the video/audio comes up.

The only maybe pertinent thing I can think of here is that the fresh install set up a new properties file.
when you get "NO Signal" for a few seconds, do you see the 'bouncing blue light'? it seems to start up (light on, lose lock/sync-light off, then the light goes on again) erratically here............this has been there since the beginning with me

also, in another thread you mentioned being careful with what usb port you used.........any more detail or suggestions regarding the usb?

thx
Old 05-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
when you get "NO Signal" for a few seconds, do you see the 'bouncing blue light'? it seems to start up (light on, lose lock/sync-light off, then the light goes on again) erratically here............this has been there since the beginning with me
I don't have the blue "bling" lights around the top of my C2 HD-PVRs. But the first time I select a channel to view on either of the HD-PVRs (and get the No Signal messasge), my red record light on the front goes on-off-on-off-on and then stays on solid after that third on. I checked this on both HD-PVRs. I power down my system daily and it only happens the first time they are used each day i.e. if you stop watching a channel (red light light goes off) and select another channel from the guide to watch the red light comes on and stays on without the on/off cycle.
EDIT: I only get the No Signal on the first use each day for each HD-PVR and assume there's a reason for the on/off sequence.

Quote:
also, in another thread you mentioned being careful with what usb port you used.........any more detail or suggestions regarding the usb?
I have two USB headers built onto my motherboard, each with two ports. I couldn't get my two HD-PVRs to work reliably when they were both plugged into one header. So I have one HD-PVR on one of the headers and the other HD-PVR on the other header. I did this back in August with the drivers that were out then so don't know if the same still holds true, but I've left mine that way. Don't want bad juju.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT

Last edited by HelenWeathers; 05-03-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Sage Expert

"Upgraded" to the new drivers. Before I got lock-ups maybe once or twice a week. Now I'm getting four or five a day.

Perversely, this actually gives me hope that it's not a hardware issue; if it can be made worse with a driver it may be fixable with a driver.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscic View Post
"Upgraded" to the new drivers. Before I got lock-ups maybe once or twice a week. Now I'm getting four or five a day.

Perversely, this actually gives me hope that it's not a hardware issue; if it can be made worse with a driver it may be fixable with a driver.
Now that's what I call a glass-half-full kind of guy.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:02 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I don't have the blue "bling" lights around the top of my C2 HD-PVRs. But the first time I select a channel to view on either of the HD-PVRs (and get the No Signal messasge), my red record light on the front goes on-off-on-off-on and then stays on solid after that third on. I checked this on both HD-PVRs. I power down my system daily and it only happens the first time they are used each day i.e. if you stop watching a channel (red light light goes off) and select another channel from the guide to watch the red light comes on and stays on without the on/off cycle.
EDIT: I only get the No Signal on the first use each day for each HD-PVR and assume there's a reason for the on/off sequence.

I have two USB headers built onto my motherboard, each with two ports. I couldn't get my two HD-PVRs to work reliably when they were both plugged into one header. So I have one HD-PVR on one of the headers and the other HD-PVR on the other header. I did this back in August with the drivers that were out then so don't know if the same still holds true, but I've left mine that way. Don't want bad juju.
thanks........yea, i meant red light (not blue).............however i get it almost all the time before it stays on solid..........what is really really interesting is i never get the bouncing light at startup with TME..........so what info does TME have that hauppauge hasn't shared with 3rd party integrators??????????????
Old 05-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Sage Icon

I assumed the "bouncing" light was a result of Sage's adjustable delay in the properties file. It started happening the same time I first set that property.

S
Old 05-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm not sure why I messed with a good setup, but after upgrading to these drivers, I started getting lockups after 5-10 minutes. Rolled back to the 1.0.3.53 beta drivers I was using before. Everything is back to normal, no more lockups.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:36 AM
Sage Icon

I'm still using 1.0.3.46 which I think may be the original drivers and I never have lockups. I just keep the covers off my HDPVRs. I won't even attempt any newer drivers until much testing has been done. Especially since newer drivers don't seem to work at all on Vista x64. I am kind of amazed with Hauppauge on the lack of stable drivers for the HDPVR.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet View Post
Yeah, I'm not quite rebooting once a day, but I am thinking of going back to the analog audio to see if my intermittent problems go away (one lock-up and a couple instances of stop motion video). I don't watch movie channels via the HD-PVR, so I'm not sure the AC3 audio is buying me all that much, anyway (listening to analog with PLII had always seemed pretty good to me).
FWIW, I switched back from optical to analog about 2 weeks ago and haven't had any lockups with the new drivers
Old 05-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Sage Expert

Simonen, are you using the digital sound, or just stereo?

ToxMox, assume you're only stereo, since you're on original drivers.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

They seem to be the only ones that have ever worked for me. Yes, I am using the S/PDIF connection

Last edited by simonen; 05-08-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscic View Post
ToxMox, assume you're only stereo, since you're on original drivers.
Correct
Old 05-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Sage User

Did anyone notice that the "Date" for the driver posted on the website changed to May 15, 2009 sometime in the past few weeks?

File name: hdpvr_1.5.6.0_beta.zip
Date: May 15, 2009
File size: 4 MB

I have an hdpvr_1.5.6.0_beta.zip that I downloaded from May 13th. Name and contents of zip file appear to be the same except for one small difference.

The May 13th one I dowloaded and extracted:
HcwDriverInstall.exe
This file has a file version of 2.9.26242.0

And the May 15th one I just downloaded tonight:
HcwDriverInstall.exe
This file has a file version of 2.9.26059.0

File # versions appear to be different and lower for the more current one.

Just an observation.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:05 AM

Beta works for me!

I even played a bit with Windows 7 MCE, and DVBLink....The IRBlaster Remote is buggy with 7MCE.
So far working well with SageTV 6.5. Remote is a little slow, but it works.
AC3 5.1.....its' all good

Brad
Old 06-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Sage User

Has anyone tried to install this version on Vista 64 bit? When it was a beta there was a note stating that it was not supported in 64 bit OS systems. Now the official version says that it supports both 32 and 64 bit.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradslinux View Post
I even played a bit with Windows 7 MCE, and DVBLink....The IRBlaster Remote is buggy with 7MCE.

Brad
Edit...........My IR blaster just went all screwy AAARGH
Old 06-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradslinux View Post

Brad
What steps did you take to get it to work in Win 7. So far I haven't been able to get it to work with Sage (current release). I downloaded the driver, I downloaded the current release of DVBLink (as of today obviously) as well as the current HD-PVR driver.

Cheers, Joe

Last edited by shewhorn; 06-24-2009 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Wrong version mentioned
Old 07-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

What is the status of this driver as of today? Are there still problems? I have an H21 Directv receiver connected to an HD PVR running analog stereo. I have been running this setup for 6 to 8 months and have never had a lockup that I see talked about here. Not even one. I would like to change it to DD5.1 but I am reluctant given the problems talked about here. I noticed that a new update to ArcSoft TME is now available also. Does this help with the DD5.1 problem?

Central Sage Server Win 10 64 Bit, Two HD200, Three HD300, & One PC Client 21 TB storage. SageTv 64 Bit