SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
If there's an existing DirectShow filter that supports DVB subtitle decoding that we can utilize it would greatly increase the chances of us supporting that. So if any of you DVB users are aware of such a filter then it'd be a good idea to submit a new report with that information.
Hi Jeff

I’m not an expert in filters but I can tell you that if I record something in Sage, I can play that file using Dvbviewer and get DVB subtitles.

I've attached screen shots of the filters the Dvbviewer is using. I hope that can help.

Subs.jpg

filters.jpg

Rasmus
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980
Old 05-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
If there's an existing DirectShow filter that supports DVB subtitle decoding that we can utilize it would greatly increase the chances of us supporting that. So if any of you DVB users are aware of such a filter then it'd be a good idea to submit a new report with that information.
I have implemented not a DVB subtitle filter in directshow but a STVi plug-in that does playback DVB subtitles very nicely (I'm using it for 5 months on DVB MPEG2 and H264 HD, even on live recording works really great)

What I'm doing is very simple : I dump the DVB subtitle stream I'm interested in in a external file. The file format is a format i created (.isub) that does contains : time index, position and size of the images as well as the image data (png file)

So you can leverage the work I've done thus far: by creating the .isub file by decoding the subtitle stream (that's not a difficult task at all) and integrate the .isub playback support in V7

The only thing left to be done in SageTV would be to select the right DVB stream to decode.

Otherwise, there is no DVBSubtitle filter that I know of.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletop View Post
Is there any way that clear an unequivocal set of instructions could be created that explains what version of the server, client and extender will work with what decoders and, if necessary in what locale, with what service (e.g DVB-S and/or DVB-T as in NZ)?
DVB subtitles are not supported directly with SageTV yet, so there is no instructions to follow.

If you do want DVB subtitles now, your only option is the plug-in I have created (that does work with SageTV V7 by the way), but you're right it's fudgeware...

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Otherwise, there is no DVBSubtitle filter that I know of.
Just out of curiosity What is it that Dvbviewer is doing then? And wouldn’t it be possible for sage to implement the same sort of solution?

Rasmus
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Old 05-26-2010, 07:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtengvad View Post
Just out of curiosity What is it that Dvbviewer is doing then? And wouldn’t it be possible for sage to implement the same sort of solution?
If I remember correctly, DVBViewer doesn't use Directshow to display subtitles (TTX or DVB). So they are decoding the subs within DVBViewer and display them through their OSD (Thouhg their timing and sub colors is not perfect )

The same thing is done in SageTV with my plugin, except the subs get decoded in the recorder process when the recording is done. But rendering / displaying the sub is entirely done in the SageTV OSD.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the reply Stephane

How accurate is your plug-in? WAF? In case, is it possible to test it?

I do speak a bit of German, Italian and French but subtitles are still needed when watching film.

Rasmus

Old 05-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
How accurate is your plug-in? WAF? In case, is it possible to test it?
Playback of subtitles is as accurate as it can be: with SageTV V6 you'll have a little offset because of the way playback time is computed.

For instance : the recording was scheduled to start a 20:00:00 but the recording has really started at 20:00:02 => the offset is 2 sec. But as the offset is evenly distributed throughout the recording the delay from real subtitle time change during playback: that's why the plug-in use its own clock to avoid time shifting of subtitles.

So usually, you start playback there is a little delay, you use the Up / Down arrows on the remote to compensate and you are good to go for the whole show (unless you encounter a discontinuity)

In SageTV V7, I'll update the plug-in to get rid of the initial adjustment (because V7 does allow to get raw media time instead of this stretched time)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Exclamation

Narflex,
in case you have no power to support your European community regarding dvbs subtitle support, may be release API that we will manage to write parser that sagetv server can use to handle DVBS subtitles. many of us invested a lot into sagetv installations, i personally bought 6 extenders. please release API to handle subtitles or enhance support of subtitles to support DVBS ones!

thank you in advance.

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;

Last edited by bjkiller; 05-27-2010 at 06:04 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Stephane

Did you hear from Narflex ?

If not, I fear there will be no implementation of DVB subtitles directly in Sage since there seems to be no Directshow filters available.

Rasmus

Old 06-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Did you hear from Narflex ?
No.

Quote:
If not, I fear there will be no implementation of DVB subtitles directly in Sage since there seems to be no Directshow filters available.
I don't see why not. Directshow filter would only work on the Windows platform anyway... The STVi playback, as done by DVBViewer Recorder, is imho way better as it works everywhere SageTV can and allow adjustments (adjustments in a Directshow filter would be more difficult to handle).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

You are right. I look forward to try your plug-in when its ready

Rasmus

Old 06-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You are right. I look forward to try your plug-in when its ready
It is available since January 2010...
Old 06-03-2010, 12:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ahh yes I see that but I got the impression that it had to be updated... I'll try it tonight.

Thanks

Rasmus

Old 06-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Subtitle support

Sorry for my Q.

Is that plugin will let me use the regular Sage and see my online DVB broadcasting with subtitle support in real time?

And if so, what is the different from what we are asking Sage to implement in the software?

thanks
Old 06-09-2010, 02:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Question

Quote:
Hi StephaneM,

Do possible to use your subtitle plug-in with dvbe4sage?

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 06-09-2010, 05:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
Is that plugin will let me use the regular Sage and see my online DVB broadcasting with subtitle support in real time?
It depends on what is the meaning of "regular Sage". The plug-in allows you to view DVB Subs on Live TV and Recorded TV. It is though required that you use DVBViewer as the recording engine in SageTV through DVBViewer Recorder.

Quote:
And if so, what is the different from what we are asking Sage to implement in the software?
It's difficult to say something is identical or different when a comparaison point cannot be made: SageTV DVB Sub support doesn't exist, so how could I compare with what I am doing...

Though what is asked is DVB Sub support, with my plug-in you have DVB Sub support....

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkiller View Post
Do possible to use your subtitle plug-in with dvbe4sage?
No.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
No.

What is the difference between dvdb4sage and your plugin? are thay not the same?
Old 06-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
What is the difference between dvdb4sage and your plugin? are thay not the same?
DVBE4Sage is a standalone recording engine for SageTV that supports DVB-S free to air or encrypted channels;

while DVBViewer Recorder let you use DVBViewer (commercial application) as the recording engine for SageTV (and thus supporting all hardware that DVBViewer supports : DVB-S / DVB-T / DVB-C / DVB over IP and many CAM as well as some SoftCAM <= though not oficially supported)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
DVBE4Sage is a standalone recording engine for SageTV that supports DVB-S free to air or encrypted channels;

while DVBViewer Recorder let you use DVBViewer (commercial application) as the recording engine for SageTV (and thus supporting all hardware that DVBViewer supports : DVB-S / DVB-T / DVB-C / DVB over IP and many CAM as well as some SoftCAM <= though not oficially supported)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Thanks
Well tell me is it better to use DVBViewer then the original Sagetv recorder?
is it better?
is it fast and can give me the same features as the original sagetv recorder?

Thanks