SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Channel Setup for Hauppague HVR 2250 just looses channels.

Ok, so why shouldn't I have another bizzaro inexplicable problem right?

So I've got my Hauppague HVR2250 setup, after adding an amp to get over the drop in signal strength from last week, and I removed and readded the tuners and scanned for channels. I then remapped the qam channels to the right channels in the FIOS TV listing for my area, i.e. Select Channel 3-1, click remap, click "Map different station to this physical channel", select 511 KYWDT from the list and continue on to the next channel. Then I did the same for the secondary tuner, and got as far as mapping the channel and found that this list for some reason doesn't have channels 495-529 listed. So I said something must have gone wrong and I remove them agian, scann for channels and this tiem look at the #2 tuner first, adn all of them allow me to map them properly. Giddy with joy, I go to the primary tuner and I run into the same problem. So I remove them both, readd them and run through the process agian and manage to get them both set up. Tonight, my STBs got reset by Verizon, so I wanted to make sure everything was still working OK. I went into the guide and put on some channels from the guide, and they worked OK from the STBs (connected to HDPVRs) and for some reason said 'lets tune to 3-1 and make sure we get something there. When I selected it one of the STBs went to channel 511. I went back into the setup, and it was still mapped, but wehn I went to 511 in the channel list, again I found nothing from 495-529 (or whatever exactly the range is).

Has anybody got ANY kind of idea why I'd be running into this??? Also, is there any other way to tell Sage that 3-1 is "KYWDT Philadelphia" rather than "KYWDT" so it knows what to list in the guide for this channel? The whole remappign thing seems a bit much just to get the right channel name.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:47 AM
Administrator

Check the note at the bottom of p. 47 in the v6.5 PDF manual, about the same station on multiple channels/lineups getting mergred into a single item listed in the Program Guide to see if that is what you are describing.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

It may be related, but this is actually when we setup the channels in teh source setup. At this point it seems like when I'm remapping the channel on the first tuner, that channel is no longer available to be remapped to the second tuner as well.

So i guess perhaps the question is; is remapping the right option for what I'm trying to accomplish, or should I be doing something else?

Again, the problem is that I have the dual tuner HDV-2250 and once I tell sage that channel 3-1 should be remapped to 511, when I go to setupo the second tuner I can't tell it that channel 3-1 on that should be mapped to 511 because i no longer appears in the list.

I'm also wondering if perhaps I'm doing something wrong in the step before this that is causing this behavior?

thanks as always!
Old 03-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Administrator

If both tuners are using the same lineup, then editing one lineup affects the other because they are using the same lineup.

If you want them to use the same channels, then you are fine; if you want them to use different channels then they have to use different lineups, or just makr a copy of an existing lineup when configuring the 2nd tuner.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.