SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

YouTube and Google Video

Is there a way to increase the number of results that are returned when I SEARCH for something on YouTube or Google Video? Right now, when I search, I get about 15 or 20 hits and often times need to change my search to try and find the right hits.

Any ideas? I checked the sage.properties file and can't find anything that lists the number of hits...
Old 03-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Administrator

What version of SageTV are you using and are you using the latest SageMC? The latest SageMC should be calling the default STV for the online videos and there was a fix during the v6.5 beta to handle a change in how search operated with Google Videos so it could use multiple pages of results.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hey OPUS,

I am currently running Sage 6.5.9 (downloading 6.5.11 beta if I need it...),
and as for the "latest version" of SageMC... I don't think there's been a newer version that I can find... Properties window shows

SageMC STV - 6.3.8
SageMC JAR - 6.3.8

If there's a newer version, please let me know. If I am "up to speed" on the latest and still can't see more than a handful of YouTube results, please let me know... or if you need more info from me to help...

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Sage User

I'm on the newest version (non-beta) of both SageTV and SageMC, and i still only have one page of search results also..

Could this be fixed ?
Old 04-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Sage Icon

limitted results are show for me too in youtube...
Old 04-20-2009, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC just switches to the default STV for online video content, so if there is a problem the best course of action is probably to open a support ticket with SageTV.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-21-2009, 01:12 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah I understand that this is not a SageMC issue... Perhaps this thread should be moved.

I was responding here in hope of seeing a reply from Opus.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Administrator

I don't see any problem. YouTube search has never returned more than a single page of about 20 results and Google search still returns multiple pages for me.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Sage Icon

Well it might not be considered a problem. The OP asked if it can be changed, so maybe it should be considered a feature request.

Viewing youtube videos through the UI is worthless as is. I expect to be able to see the same results I see on youtube.com, which is a lot more that 15-20.

Also, the HD section has been on youtube.com for a long time now. Is that category eventually going to be added to the UI?

I would also like to be able to view the HQ or HD versions of videos... I thought this was already added, yet I've never seen a good quality video yet.