SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckwell View Post
Rob,

Just wondering... A great addition to this plugin might be a favorite channel list as part of the guide... or maybe a limitation tot eh channels that appear in the guide, like a filter. filtered versus unfiltered - filtered being only those channels my wife wants to watch!

What do you think? how hard would it be?

I have no studio experience, but I wonder if I could tackle it? I am a VB programmer...
Good idea - way too many channels to scroll thru.
.... could you tackle it? - VB programmer has me beat. I'm just a poor MechEng with a single fortran class under my belt who's bumbled through the studio tutorial. It's a learning curve but patience with the tutorial goes a long way.

With that said, and if your up to the challenge, I'm willing to help out where I can. I imagine the best approach would be to look at BobP v4 favorite channel import and modify that for the v6 default (looks like he's done that in post #160 in his thread). If you get that import working, I think it would be simple to make my import use it. In general, my import simply uses (links directly to) the core guide with a different ui layout - very easy stuff.

rob
Old 07-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Sage User

Recently I've had a slight problem with this import. When in guide mode I can no longer jump to a specific channel by pressing the numbers on the remote. It only goes to the first number selected.

For example, if I enter the guide and push 278 it jumps to channel 2 then to channel 7 then to channel 8. It doesn't let me type in the whole channel before it jumps. It used to be able to do this, but in the latest release of sage (6.6) it no longer works. It still does this in the default stv guide.

Can this be fixed? I like the look of this guide over the one in the default stv, but this little hiccup has caused me to go back to the default.

Thanks in advance for any help.
-sean
Old 07-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean977 View Post
Recently I've had a slight problem with this import. When in guide mode I can no longer jump to a specific channel by pressing the numbers on the remote. It only goes to the first number selected.

For example, if I enter the guide and push 278 it jumps to channel 2 then to channel 7 then to channel 8. It doesn't let me type in the whole channel before it jumps. It used to be able to do this, but in the latest release of sage (6.6) it no longer works. It still does this in the default stv guide.

Can this be fixed? I like the look of this guide over the one in the default stv, but this little hiccup has caused me to go back to the default.

Thanks in advance for any help.
-sean
Just installed 6.6.1 and do not see the same problem. Is this issue during LiveTV playback (miniguide) or just in the full screen guide? Any other imports installed?

You might want to check the "Channel Entry Options" under Setup->Customize and insure you have the "Max Channel Digits" set to (3).
rob
Old 07-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Sage User

Thanks that fixed it! I went into the options and it was set for automatic 3. So I manually set it to 3 and it now reads custom 3 and works perfectly. Thanks for the help!
Old 09-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Any way to use the guide button to toggle on/off? I'm using a Harmony remote and prefer not to have to press the back button and display the OSD information.