SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-25-2009, 07:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Moving Recorded TV files with Sage Transcoder

I am using the SJQ plugin to transcode childrens TV shows and to move them to folders in my Video Library based on the name of the TV show. Surprisingly, these shows are still showing up in SageTV Recordings even though the new filenname does NOT include the Show ID number.

For Example SageTV records a show and creates a file called \\server\TVshows\DoraTheExplorer-Boo-1234567.mpg.

I use SJQ, which calls the Sage Transcoder task to convert my file to MPEG-4 Good Quality Deinterlaced and rename the file to: \\server\videos\Dora\Boo.avi. (Note that the output file format, file path and file name are passed as parameters to Sage Transcoder)

Yet the file still shows up in Recorded TV, which is a posititve from my perspective. Why is this case? Is this because wiz.bin knows about the files since the file move was performed by SageTV?
Old 02-25-2009, 08:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I am using the SJQ plugin to transcode childrens TV shows and to move them to folders in my Video Library based on the name of the TV show. Surprisingly, these shows are still showing up in SageTV Recordings even though the new filenname does NOT include the Show ID number.

For Example SageTV records a show and creates a file called \\server\TVshows\DoraTheExplorer-Boo-1234567.mpg.

I use SJQ, which calls the Sage Transcoder task to convert my file to MPEG-4 Good Quality Deinterlaced and rename the file to: \\server\videos\Dora\Boo.avi. (Note that the output file format, file path and file name are passed as parameters to Sage Transcoder)

Yet the file still shows up in Recorded TV, which is a posititve from my perspective. Why is this case? Is this because wiz.bin knows about the files since the file move was performed by SageTV?
Clicking on the show in the recording directory actually play back the AVI? Or does it come up as a missing file?
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 02-26-2009, 03:12 PM
SageTVaholic

The show plays fine from within Sage Recorded TV - under file info it shows the path and filename which is the new name. As part of the transcode I have it delete the original file.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:52 PM
SageTVaholic

The Sage transcoder registers the target of the transcode job, even if you specify a target outside of any registered media directories - or at least that's what I saw when testing this feature in SJQ. If you decide not to delete the source then you'll end up with two entries in your recorded tv list for the file (the original + the result of the transcode). Deleting the source is equivalent to replacing the source with the target inside of wiz.bin, regardless of the target dir specified.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...