SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Need some "best way to..." help on DVD metadata/covers and fan art

I'm admittedly new to the SageTV scene and video streaming for matter but looking to learn quickly. I've been lurking on thea SageTV forum for a bit now and reading as many threads as possible to get a good understanding of what is the best approach for certain things but there seems to be several methodologies for gathering DVD metadata/cover thumbnails, etc. and several philosophies on where that data should be stored. Perhaps I asking for the holygrail, but my goal is to have DVD coverart and metadata come up with good, quick performance by the HD200. Same with fan art for the DVDs.

My questions:

1. What is the best way or method to gather metadata/cover art for ripped DVDs?

2. Where is the best place to store/save the metadata and cover art in order for it to be found and maintain quick performance by the HD200? I assume in each Video_TS folder but wanted to make sure.

3. Same questions for fan art. Best method to gather it up and best method/location to store the fan art files.

4. Lastly, will the data and artwork from MyMovies work?

My setup: I have ordered my HD200 and it arrives tomorrow. My setup is going to be a WHS (HP MediaSmart server) that will be running SageTV WHS Add-in and the WHS has all my DVD movies ripped to it in Video_TS folders with VOBs in each. The HD200 will be connected to my network and serve as an Extender. I plan to run SageMC on the HD200 and I like the iMovies add-in that gives it that AppleTV cover art flow. I will only be streaming ripped DVDs. No TV programs and no TV recording. Possibily music streaming from the WHS down the road but only DVDs for right now. No SageTV placeshifters or other SageTV clients on network (at least right now).

Thanks in advance for all help.

Last edited by Texas-Hansen; 02-10-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Sage User

Check out this thread here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38386