SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Canada
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Canada SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from Canada - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Canada.

Old 04-05-2005, 03:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbundy
This was discussed previously although I couldn't find any solution. I got the EPG data to import successfully using the method described earlier in this post, however noticed that nearly every episode of every show is marked "First Run". I set Sage to record all First Runs of Simpsons and was shocked to see it schedule 10 episodes over the next two days, some other them 10 years old.

I thought it might be bad EPG data from zap2it, and a few people using Sage said they are having the same problem. But not very many (at least, that admit it). Opal sent me here and I think it might have something to do with the way we get EPG data using this method. It at least seems a big coincidence.

Is there any advice one this? I'm using Sage 2.2.7 and Cayar 17 (although when I disable Cayar, shows are all still First Run).
I haven't had much luck with this, what I do is set my favorite to only record the show from one channel or if that channel shows the same repeat many times a day I also tell it to only record a certain timeslot.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Setting it to aggressive has fixed many of the issues but some of them are still wrong. Though those seem to be centralized on certain channels. The Simpsons for example is correct on every channel but Fox (ironically), on Fox it's always listed as FirstRun. I think it's the episode number. On Fox they begin with SH, on all other channels it's EP.

Last edited by scbundy; 04-06-2005 at 08:00 AM.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbundy
Setting it to aggressive has fixed many of the issues but some of them are still wrong. Though those seem to be centralized on certain channels. The Simpsons for example is correct on every channel but Fox (ironically), on Fox it's always listed as FirstRun. I think it's the episode number. On Fox they begin with SH, on all other channels it's EP.
The Zap2it data provided to the plugin is not 100% correct because some stations either do not use proper episode numbers or do not use valid original air dates. If neither a valid episode number nor a valid original air date is available then there's not much the plugin can do. I'd suspect that the feed that Frey uses suffers from much the same problem.

In particular, SH ids are simply show ids which pertain to the entire show as a whole (a show being a series of episodes). So just having an SH id does not provide any visibility into whether something is a rerun or not. EP ids pertain to a particular episode of a show and thus allow the plugin to determine first run/ rerun status.

Cheers
Lester
English Proverb. Collected in: George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum (1651).
Old 04-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Sage Expert

edit: This is probably nothing, I reverted my java rte version and realized I may have never copied xerces.jar to ..\lib\ext when I upgrade to jre 1.5. Sorry.

Lester:

I think there *might* be a problem with your plugin and recent versions of SageTV:

I only recently upgraded to version 2.2.7, after many months of blissful use of version 2.0.19, and noticed there was an unusual amount of CPU activity. A quick log check and I noticed alot of java exceptions related to the plugin. Jeff agreed and told me it had to do with a composite in source for which I have no epg data (a security camera). I removed the source and the problem went away.

Now I can't even re-add the source since it hangs on trying to download a channel lineup for the source, even though I clicked "Do not use programming guide data for this source".

Just an FYI.

Thanks,

p

Last edited by pawn; 04-14-2005 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:41 PM
Sage Icon

Lester;

Since starting to use SageTV I've always chosen the SageMC STV and I experienced no problems. However recently I've been using various versions of the orginal STV and none of them will display the first run rerun status. Is there something I need to check? I am using the aggressive setting as it proved to be more accurate when using SageMC.

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Firstrun/rerun

Same problem for me using XMLTV plugin...

I think it is just a display problem. Looking at the STV code, the First-Run/Re-Run status is only shown if the originalAirDate>0... I don't know about the canadian EPG plugin, but the XMLTV plugin always sets this to zero...
Old 04-21-2005, 05:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

The Canadian EPG plugin does set the original air date correctly so this should not be the problem (of course this is provided that the Zap2it feed for your particular area includes this info). The only STVs I use are the OriginalV2 and OriginalV2 plus the nielm importable modules. In both cases the firstrun/rerun status is displayed correctly for me.

Wheemer, can you confirm that the you get the firstrun/rerun status displayed correctly when using the OriginalV2 plus nielm importable modules? If so, then I'd have to assume that there's something in the other STVs that's preventing the proper display of the status.

I'm not in a position to test other STVs right now so any info you can provide will be helpful.

Cheers
Lester
Old 04-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Sage Icon

No it doesn't work with orignalV2 in any version...
Old 04-22-2005, 01:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
No it doesn't work with orignalV2 in any version...
I'll take a look when I get back. Should be able to report something on this in a couple of weeks or so.

Lester
Old 04-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks
Old 04-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Lester -

Thanks for your plugin. Invaluable is the word...

Could you (and anyone else, of course) check my discussion with myself in this thread: http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...8435#post98435

It's regarding the rerunlogic flag. I'd like to hear your feedback if you have any.

Thanks
Old 04-30-2005, 08:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom
Lester -

Thanks for your plugin. Invaluable is the word...

Could you (and anyone else, of course) check my discussion with myself in this thread: http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...8435#post98435

It's regarding the rerunlogic flag. I'd like to hear your feedback if you have any.

Thanks
Done.

Cheers
Lester
Old 05-09-2005, 08:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Jacobs
I'll take a look when I get back. Should be able to report something on this in a couple of weeks or so.

Lester

Ok, I'm back from vacation and I've taken a look at the first run/rerun display problem. I used the OriginalV2 STV with the nielm importable modules and appear to get the first run/rerun status displayed correctly for me. Namely:

1) In the detailed info for most shows it displays the category and then whether it's a first run or rerun (i.e. Drama - First Run)

2) In nielm's dynamic main menu, in the upcoming recordings section I see the first run symbol (red circle with a white "F" superimposed) for all first runs.

I'm using the Canadian plugin with Rerun Logic set to "Aggressive".

For those who were having problems with this (Wheemer especially) ae you saying that you definitely do not get the results I obtained in 1 & 2 above?

Lester
Old 05-09-2005, 08:21 AM
Sage Icon

Yes that's exactly what I am saying. I only see firstrun rerun distinction with SageMC, the originalv2 skips this...
Old 05-09-2005, 08:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yes that's exactly what I am saying. I only see firstrun rerun distinction with SageMC, the originalv2 skips this...
Ok, that's very strange. If SageMC displays it, and I can get displayed for me then it doesn't appear to be a problem with the plugin code itself (at least from what I can see).

Can you send me an stv that you are using that exhibits the problem so I can try it on my development machine? This way I can make certain that we are both working from the same slate.

Thx
Lester
Old 05-09-2005, 08:34 AM
Sage Icon

OK... I'm sorry about my misinformation... But after more investigation it seems that some of the show are indeed showing this info. Is there are reason why it should show for all of them?

Quote:
2) In nielm's dynamic main menu, in the upcoming recordings section I see the first run symbol (red circle with a white "F" superimposed) for all first runs.
This however has never showed up for me...
Old 05-09-2005, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
OK... I'm sorry about my misinformation... But after more investigation it seems that some of the show are indeed showing this info. Is there are reason why it should show for all of them?
I brought this up somewhere else before, but... do you have category information for the shows where you do not see first run/rerun status? Currently, if there is no category, first run/rerun status is not displayed.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, it seem that I have category information for all the show...
Old 08-21-2005, 03:14 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Hardtarget Send a message via AIM to Hardtarget Send a message via Yahoo to Hardtarget
so i've got a weird problem. Been happily using thsi plugin on sage 2.2.8 for almost 4 months. As of about a week ago all of a sudden the channel data stopped updating. I just get "no data" for everything. I have no idea what is going on. Can anybody help.

Is there a way to just "press" a button to force sagetv to get all the show info? I have no idea what is going on.

edit - this is my zap2it log, it seems fine to me, i don't get it.

2005-08-10T03:10:01Z Opening connection to http://datadirect.webservices.zap2it...gs/xtvdService
2005-08-10T03:10:01Z Sending first request for digest nonce
2005-08-10T03:10:02Z Setting username to Hardtarget
2005-08-10T03:10:02Z Setting password.
2005-08-10T03:10:02Z Sending authorisation response
2005-08-10T03:10:03Z startTime 2005-08-09T03:10:01Z
2005-08-10T03:10:03Z endTime 2005-08-12T03:10:01Z
2005-08-10T03:10:03Z SOAP Request
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/' xmlns:SOAP-ENV='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/' xmlns:xsd='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema' xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' xmlns:SOAP-ENC='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'>
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:download xmlns:ns1='urn:TMSWebServices'>
<startTime xsi:type='xsd:dateTime'>2005-08-09T03:10:01Z</startTime>
<endTime xsi:type='xsd:dateTime'>2005-08-12T03:10:01Z</endTime>
</ns1:download>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
2005-08-10T03:10:03Z Reading response from server
<messages xsi:type='ns1:messages'>
<message>Your subscription will expire: 2005-10-14T22:59:53Z</message>
</messages>
2005-08-10T03:10:12Z Finished reading response from server

Last edited by Hardtarget; 08-21-2005 at 03:25 AM.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:30 AM
Sage Icon

maybe your java updated and the file for this plugin are no longer in the right directory... check to see if you have to java folders.