SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Sage User

Just ordered my extender

I just ordered my extender with the included software License. I'm planning on running Sage on my main computer, and putting the extender at the tv location. I was planning on installing Sage today and getting it all set up, but saw a strange note in my order confirmation email.

"No license key entry is required on the server with the STP-HD200."

It then includes my License key. Does that mean I shouldn't input my license key on my computer and should instead put it on the extender? Or can I go ahead and use my license key to get set up on the computer?

J
Old 01-13-2009, 01:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDerek View Post
I just ordered my extender with the included software License. I'm planning on running Sage on my main computer, and putting the extender at the tv location. I was planning on installing Sage today and getting it all set up, but saw a strange note in my order confirmation email.

It then includes my License key. Does that mean I shouldn't input my license key on my computer and should instead put it on the extender? Or can I go ahead and use my license key to get set up on the computer?

J
Did you just buy the HD200 or did you buy the SageTV software that you put on your computer as well? I'm guessing you bought the package that included both and if so, the license key is probably for the SageTV software on your computer.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDerek View Post

There are 2 different licenses here & that message could probably use more clarification.

1) SageTV Media Center license: if you are installing SageTV on a PC, you will need a license for that. I believe you mean that you ordered the HD200 + SageTV Media Center software bundle. The license you received would be for the software you install on the PC.

2) Media Extender license: Previously, you needed to enter a media extender license on the server in order for the extender to be able to connect to the SageTV server. When the HD200 is used with SageTV v6.5, no media extender license needs to be entered on the server.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Sage User

Excellent. Thanks so much, I did order the bundle and will go ahead and put in the license on my computer.

Thanks!

J
Old 01-13-2009, 11:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to steingra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
There are 2 different licenses here & that message could probably use more clarification.

When the HD200 is used with SageTV v6.5, no media extender license needs to be entered on the server.
- Andy
Dumb question, but where is SageTV v6.5. I am about to purchase an HD200 extender, but I want to make sure I have version 6.5 up and running smoothly first.

Ok silly me I found the answer http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38324

however, do I really need to upgrade to a release candidate in order to use the HD200? I am currently running most recent standard release of software SageTV V6.4.8.184 on the server.

Thanks

Last edited by steingra; 01-14-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steingra View Post
Dumb question, but where is SageTV v6.5. I am about to purchase an HD200 extender, but I want to make sure I have version 6.5 up and running smoothly first.

Ok silly me I found the answer http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38324

however, do I really need to upgrade to a release candidate in order to use the HD200? I am currently running most recent standard release of software SageTV V6.4.8.184 on the server.

Thanks
Do you have to-No. Is it recommeded-Yes. If you don't you will need a Placeshifter license installed on your SageTV 6.4.8 server. If you go with the release candidate 6.5.6 a license for the HD200 is no longer required. But if you have issues support will ask you to update to 6.5.6.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.